FAI Chief offers use of Aviva stadium to OWC Fans!

Started by The Worker, October 28, 2010, 07:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dillinger

]

. Found out where you live, then next day, there's a bullet in an envelope winging it's way to ya!!
[/quote]

Was that not accepted it was Rangers fans who prob sent the bullets? Sure ban them stupid sods that were singing. I believe there were near 6000 NI fans there at the match, only say 40 got on like tossers. Media over-reacting again i think.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 16, 2011, 11:08:30 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 16, 2011, 12:02:21 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 15, 2011, 10:09:29 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 15, 2011, 09:31:46 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 15, 2011, 09:28:48 PM
Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on February 15, 2011, 09:24:21 PM
Look it was only a bit of fun  :D I mean these guys didn't mean it. There is absolutely no way that they would want to 'up to their knees in Fenian blood'. These are fine upstanding, Christian, family men. I bet you a thousand pounds that if I had walked through there with a Celtic jersey on they would have shook my hand and patted me on the back.

They same way a guy wearing a Rangers jersey wouldn't be too welcome walking through a group of ROI supporters,there are idiots on both sides.

Idiots are everywhere, just some groups of supporters tend to be over-stocking with them. Any evidence out there of RoI supporters singing about being "up to our knees in Protestant blood"?

Remember being @ an Ireland V Norway friendly a few years back and the t**ts behind the goal booed everytime some ex-Rangers players touched the ball.

Wasn't that a match against Denmark?

The stadium public address mistakenly announced that Lovenkrands was coming on even though it wasn't him. Some poor unsuspecting chap got dogs abuse for the rest of the game from the 'Republic' crowd! Morons

It may have happened @ a Denmark match too, but as I have only attended 3 senior International Ireland soccer matches, V Norway, V Australia & V Sweden, I'm pretty sure it was V Norway were I witnessed it.

It happens everytime a Rangers player is playing for a opposition team. I dunno what they are gonna do when Kenny Miller plays against us in May  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Big Puff

Didnt John Hartson get booed at windsor due to his celtic connections?

gawa316

Quote from: Big Puff on February 16, 2011, 10:23:06 PM

Don't comment much on here about N. Ireland but yes he got booed (myself included not because he played for celtic but because he was one of those players you boo a la Rooney, Savage, Ronaldo). I booed the live outta Boruc. Does that make me bigot? In my books no as I was just trying to put him off as he has a history of this sort of stuff. No doubt there was some who booed him for his celtic connections, personally I don't think these neanderthals will change anytime soon.

I support the N. Ireland football team cause it is the national team from where I was born. I'm not going to get into all these shite about it actually not a country etc. I'll leave that to whoever, I couldn't be arsed. I go to matches to support the team, not to display britishness, being a prod etc etc. I don't sing sectarian songs, I sing (badly) songs to support the team. If people get offended by me singing 'Stand Up for Ulsterman' well then so be it. That's their problem. I don't have a political agenda, it's just in my eyes another song to create an atmosphere at the ground.

I support whoever plays for the team and whoever decides to play for someone else, well so be it, that is there choice. I leave all that political stuff behind and just want to go and watch a football match, have a few pints, a bit of craic and everynow and then a result. People often say but sure there shite etc but who cares,yes they often can be shite but they are MY shite. When we do pull of a result you can't beat that feeling. I'm sure ROI supporters on here will agree with me.

I'll hopefully be heading down to the match in May and am looking forward to having a few pints and mixing with ROI fans before and after whatever the resukt.There are a right few decent lads on here and wouldn't mind meeting for a drink (although R4L I think it's a schoolnight so you'll have togive it a miss!!)

Mild rant over ;)

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on February 16, 2011, 10:53:44 PM

Don't comment much on here about N. Ireland but yes he got booed (myself included not because he played for celtic but because he was one of those players you boo a la Rooney, Savage, Ronaldo). I booed the live outta Boruc. Does that make me bigot? In my books no as I was just trying to put him off as he has a history of this sort of stuff. No doubt there was some who booed him for his celtic connections, personally I don't think these neanderthals will change anytime soon.

I support the N. Ireland football team cause it is the national team from where I was born. I'm not going to get into all these shite about it actually not a country etc. I'll leave that to whoever, I couldn't be arsed. I go to matches to support the team, not to display britishness, being a prod etc etc. I don't sing sectarian songs, I sing (badly) songs to support the team. If people get offended by me singing 'Stand Up for Ulsterman' well then so be it. That's their problem. I don't have a political agenda, it's just in my eyes another song to create an atmosphere at the ground.

I support whoever plays for the team and whoever decides to play for someone else, well so be it, that is there choice. I leave all that political stuff behind and just want to go and watch a football match, have a few pints, a bit of craic and everynow and then a result. People often say but sure there shite etc but who cares,yes they often can be shite but they are MY shite. When we do pull of a result you can't beat that feeling. I'm sure ROI supporters on here will agree with me.

I'll hopefully be heading down to the match in May and am looking forward to having a few pints and mixing with ROI fans before and after whatever the resukt.There are a right few decent lads on here and wouldn't mind meeting for a drink (although R4L I think it's a schoolnight so you'll have togive it a miss!!)

Mild rant over ;)

I'll meet you for a pint no bother gawa...don't agree with you about the booing to be honest but I'll forgive you cause your a Scouser  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stiffler

Not trying to be the devils advocate, but i dont get your point that hartson was one of them that 'gets booed'. Outside of windsor (and ibrox!) where else did the occur? I know at anfield the night he scored a wonder goal he didnt get booed a la rooney and ronaldo!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

gawa316

Quote from: stiffler on February 16, 2011, 11:01:23 PM
Not trying to be the devils advocate, but i dont get your point that hartson was one of them that 'gets booed'. Outside of windsor (and ibrox!) where else did the occur? I know at anfield the night he scored a wonder goal he didnt get booed a la rooney and ronaldo!

Maybe I'm wrong then, but at the time (before his cancer scare) and correct me if Im wrong but was he not involved in a few clashes with players at different clubs (bennynoon?) that didn't endear him to joe public? The better players of other teams also tend to get booed (which is actually a complement) and Hartson was one of Wales better players back then.

Don't know if I'm getting my point across clearly or not but I can tell you for my part and my mates it wasn't for secterian/playing for celtic reasons

gawa316

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 16, 2011, 10:56:32 PM

I'll meet you for a pint no bother gawa...don't agree with you about the booing to be honest but I'll forgive you cause your a Scouser  :)

No worries LL sure if everyone agreed on everything it'd be a boring place.

I'm up for a pint, might even buy ye one...ye know to help out that economy of yours!!

Hardy

yes he got booed (myself included not because he played for celtic but because he was one of those players you boo a la Rooney, Savage, Ronaldo)

And somehow they can construe this carry-on as compatible with the ethos of sport. How sad.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on February 16, 2011, 11:14:54 PM

No worries LL sure if everyone agreed on everything it'd be a boring place.

I'm up for a pint, might even buy ye one...ye know to help out that economy of yours!!
Ha!
Might actually have a spare ticket for it if ya want,you'd have to sit in the Home support though!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 16, 2011, 10:17:44 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 16, 2011, 11:08:30 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 16, 2011, 12:02:21 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 15, 2011, 10:09:29 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 15, 2011, 09:31:46 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 15, 2011, 09:28:48 PM
Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on February 15, 2011, 09:24:21 PM
Look it was only a bit of fun  :D I mean these guys didn't mean it. There is absolutely no way that they would want to 'up to their knees in Fenian blood'. These are fine upstanding, Christian, family men. I bet you a thousand pounds that if I had walked through there with a Celtic jersey on they would have shook my hand and patted me on the back.

They same way a guy wearing a Rangers jersey wouldn't be too welcome walking through a group of ROI supporters,there are idiots on both sides.

Idiots are everywhere, just some groups of supporters tend to be over-stocking with them. Any evidence out there of RoI supporters singing about being "up to our knees in Protestant blood"?

Remember being @ an Ireland V Norway friendly a few years back and the t**ts behind the goal booed everytime some ex-Rangers players touched the ball.

Wasn't that a match against Denmark?

The stadium public address mistakenly announced that Lovenkrands was coming on even though it wasn't him. Some poor unsuspecting chap got dogs abuse for the rest of the game from the 'Republic' crowd! Morons

It may have happened @ a Denmark match too, but as I have only attended 3 senior International Ireland soccer matches, V Norway, V Australia & V Sweden, I'm pretty sure it was V Norway were I witnessed it.

It happens everytime a Rangers player is playing for a opposition team. I dunno what they are gonna do when Kenny Miller plays against us in May  :)

Disgusting, another reason why SOCCER is not an Irish sport.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Final Whistle

Quote from: gawa316 on February 16, 2011, 11:11:48 PM
Quote from: stiffler on February 16, 2011, 11:01:23 PM

Maybe I'm wrong then, but at the time (before his cancer scare) and correct me if Im wrong but was he not involved in a few clashes with players at different clubs (bennynoon?) that didn't endear him to joe public? The better players of other teams also tend to get booed (which is actually a complement) and Hartson was one of Wales better players back then.

Don't know if I'm getting my point across clearly or not but I can tell you for my part and my mates it wasn't for secterian/playing for celtic reasons

Was it not Eyal Berkovic that he kicked in the mouth? He deserved it though!!!

Nally Stand

I mentioned about OWC lads singing in the aviva about wading up to their knees in fenian blood and about the UVF while immitating firing rifles and what has followed has been nearly two pages of discussion along the lines of 'ah sure are you insulted by that?' and 'there were only a few of them' and repeated posts about how RoI fans booed a rangers player is what REALLY is deserving of condemnation!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Mild rant over ;)

Fair play Gawa, how it should be
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

tommysmith

A Scouser  ???