The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Despite being an utter bell-end, St Gall's has a point. The fans should have left Evra alone. Jeer away at Hernandez when he comes on, for what its worth, but people who abuse Evra for calling out Suarez, whatever Suarez's use of the word "negrito" really meant in his head at the time, are only letting themselves and the club down. I certainly didn't feel comfortable listening to it or the Suarez song aimed at him. Some things are more important that football and team rivalries.

SHEEDY

Quote from: J70 on February 24, 2018, 11:11:35 PM
Despite being an utter bell-end, St Gall's has a point. The fans should have left Evra alone. Jeer away at Hernandez when he comes on, for what its worth, but people who abuse Evra for calling out Suarez, whatever Suarez's use of the word "negrito" really meant in his head at the time, are only letting themselves and the club down. I certainly didn't feel comfortable listening to it or the Suarez song aimed at him. Some things are more important that football and team rivalries.
well said.
nil satis nisi optimum

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: SHEEDY on February 24, 2018, 11:34:55 PM
well said.

Agreed. Time to move on

north_antrim_hound

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Syferus

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 25, 2018, 01:46:27 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on February 24, 2018, 09:23:04 PM
Quote from: laoislad on February 24, 2018, 08:49:02 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 24, 2018, 07:35:20 PM
Which one is the striker again?
Why is north_antrim_hound a racist again?

What's this all about then?

Ask the accuser because I'm stumped

Don't think you're a racist either so I'm stumped too.

gawa316

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 25, 2018, 01:46:27 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on February 24, 2018, 09:23:04 PM
Quote from: laoislad on February 24, 2018, 08:49:02 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 24, 2018, 07:35:20 PM
Which one is the striker again?
Why is north_antrim_hound a racist again?

What's this all about then?

Ask the accuser because I'm stumped

Had a wee look back there, please tell me this is not the Kieta thing?

BennyHarp

Im a West Ham fan and managed to get a ticket from a friend for Anfield yesterday in the Kenny Dalglish stand. A few observations...in the first half I thought it was quite close, Arnoutovic playing up front on his own caused Liverpool quite a few problems and could easily have scored twice. I was really impressed by The Ox. Not a player I have ever rated before but he is full of energy and was central to a lot of chances. Salah was quiet enough but has an amazing ability to run into scoring positions. About 6 or 7 times the final ball didn't find him but his movement is just superb. Trent Alexander looks like a great prospect and for me Robertson was Man of the match. I was a bit disappointed with the lack of songs coming from Liverpool fans but with regards to the booing of Evra, this was very half hearted and for the ones around me, it seemed very much tongue in cheek rather than with any real venom. Only once, while Evra was taking a throw in, did the Suarez song start, and it was again, sung quite half heartedly and only lasted a few seconds. I can't really believe this is even an issue being discussed today. I was at West Ham v Huddersfield a few weeks ago and the West Ham fans booed Tom Ince because he was Paul's son.
That was never a square ball!!

Boycey

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 24, 2018, 11:46:01 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on February 24, 2018, 11:34:55 PM
well said.

Agreed. Time to move on

I wholeheartedly agree but Jaysus lads the word negrito gives my head a wobble.  Suarez called him negro whatever context he meant it in... My own guess always was that it said it innocently enough to him first time but when he saw how much it annoyed Evra he repeated it several times..

Carmen Stateside

I hear the same comment daily between Spanish / Portuguese speakers and no one is offended.  The donegal man on site gets blanco cause of his grey hair and skin  ;D
By the way Evra isn't exactly the type of person i would go running to defend.  A scum bag who kicked his own supporters in the head??
As for the game i thought Robertson,TAA,Milner and The OX were very good.
  Still not sure on Can as holding midfielder, its the one area that needs improvement.  Having watched a lot more of Kieta recently, has convinced me its not his position either. Im sure he will be given the role of one of the more advanced midfielders.

Avondhu star

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 25, 2018, 07:54:16 AM
Im a West Ham fan and managed to get a ticket from a friend for Anfield yesterday in the Kenny Dalglish stand. A few observations...in the first half I thought it was quite close, Arnoutovic playing up front on his own caused Liverpool quite a few problems and could easily have scored twice. I was really impressed by The Ox. Not a player I have ever rated before but he is full of energy and was central to a lot of chances. Salah was quiet enough but has an amazing ability to run into scoring positions. About 6 or 7 times the final ball didn't find him but his movement is just superb. Trent Alexander looks like a great prospect and for me Robertson was Man of the match. I was a bit disappointed with the lack of songs coming from Liverpool fans but with regards to the booing of Evra, this was very half hearted and for the ones around me, it seemed very much tongue in cheek rather than with any real venom. Only once, while Evra was taking a throw in, did the Suarez song start, and it was again, sung quite half heartedly and only lasted a few seconds. I can't really believe this is even an issue being discussed today. I was at West Ham v Huddersfield a few weeks ago and the West Ham fans booed Tom Ince because he was Paul's son.

You get that type of behaviour from people of limited intelligence
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

BennyHarp

Quote from: Avondhu star on February 25, 2018, 07:33:54 PM

I agree and my point is that these type are amongst all football crowds of all teams. Well done for understanding the point.
That was never a square ball!!

StGallsGAA

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 25, 2018, 09:07:53 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on February 25, 2018, 07:33:54 PM

I agree and my point is that these type are amongst all football crowds of all teams. Well done for understanding the point.

Agreed however Liverpool seem to attract more than their fair share ...... take this gombeen as a prime example....

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 25, 2018, 11:18:50 AM
I hear the same comment daily between Spanish / Portuguese speakers and no one is offended.....
By the way Evra isn't exactly the type of person i would go running to defend...

Carmen Stateside