Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 18, 2017, 10:15:18 AM
Quote from: J70 on September 18, 2017, 10:07:14 AM
Quote from: TabClear on September 17, 2017, 09:23:35 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 16, 2017, 11:24:23 PM
Quote from: laoislad on September 16, 2017, 05:10:47 PM
Quote from: heganboy on September 16, 2017, 04:42:05 PM
Same old story so far, exciting forward movement, poor strikes, and disaster at the back
Matip was a disgrace for their goal.
I actually thought klavan was more at fault.

Agreed. Matip was not strong enough but Klavan positioning was awful. Bad miss from Solanke near the end as well

The ball was deflected as it came across to Solanke. He'd little time to react and adjust.
I thought it was a tough enough chance, he had no time to react. He did well just to get a  decent connection on it

Fair point, unlucky to get any sort of contact so close in and for it nnot to cross the line. To be fair the lad has looked useful anytime he has come on.

naka

lets cut to the chase
we are 4 windows in and have spent 4million on the centre halfs
the zonal defence was awful on Saturday with Ben Mees being allowed space to run and attack the ball
everyone can see this and its happening every single week

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: naka on September 18, 2017, 11:58:59 AM
lets cut to the chase
we are 4 windows in and have spent 4million on the centre halfs
the zonal defence was awful on Saturday with Ben Mees being allowed space to run and attack the ball
everyone can see this and its happening every single week

I think this is certainly an issue.

In the scheme of things they have spent next to nothing on strengthening the defence , which has been the biggest issue now for about 4-5 seasons.
The same when it comes to a defensive midfielder.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

under the bar

'Rooney handed two-year driving ban'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11041722

You can take the boy out of Liverpool.......

AZOffaly

Quote from: under the bar on September 18, 2017, 12:09:43 PM

Hang on. He's an Everton player, formerly of Manchester United, and you post this in here?

quit yo jibbajabba

s'alrite AZ, hes posted it in the everton forum too;

hes such a hoot this guy

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 18, 2017, 12:29:26 PM
Quote from: under the bar on September 18, 2017, 12:09:43 PM

Hang on. He's an Everton player, formerly of Manchester United, and you post this in here?
United do seem to have a higher number of dopes supporting them than any other club.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

If Liverpool had a chance to take back Rafa, would they?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 20, 2017, 07:44:42 AM

I think Rafa was a zonal marking man as well if I remember rightly. Nah, I'm happy with Klopp, but he has to address the defending. I watched the first half last night, and they were very good. Went off to a GAA meeting then and couldn't believe when I saw the scoreline.

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 20, 2017, 08:10:54 AM
I watched the first half last night, and they were very good. Went off to a GAA meeting then and couldn't believe when I saw the scoreline.
A real game of two halves alright.
I want Liverpool to win every competition they are in but I can't say I'm all that disappointment they were knocked out.
Would prefer the 3 points against them at the weekend.
He didn't have much to do apart from pick the ball from the net twice, neither of which were his fault, but I felt Ward looked far more comfortable and confident in the goals than Karius. I would prefer him as No.2 goalie.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: laoislad on September 20, 2017, 08:28:10 AM
I watched the first half last night, and they were very good. Went off to a GAA meeting then and couldn't believe when I saw the scoreline.
I want Liverpool to win every competition they are in but I can't say I'm all that disappointment they were knocked out.
He didn't have much to do apart from pick the ball from the net twice, neither of which were his fault, but I felt Ward looked far more comfortable and confident in the goals than Karius. I would prefer him as No.2 goalie.

Given its the only competition Liverpool have won in 11 years you might have expected them to go balls out to win it tho!

Armamike

Quote from: laoislad on September 20, 2017, 08:28:10 AM

I'm disappointed.  Klopp and the club need to win a trophy soon.  The league cup would be a good start and something to build on.  It's been a fairly underwhelming start to the season.  A win at the weekend is badly needed, though will be difficult against a side who will sit deep, let us have all the possession we want and then hit on the break. Liverpool will be doing well to win this.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Armamike

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 20, 2017, 07:44:42 AM

I'd have him back in an instant.  Should never have left the club.  Newcastle hit oil getting him in.
That's just, like your opinion man.

TabClear

It has been one of those periods Liverpool seem to hit with regularity. Dominate against teams but dont take their chances and always look open to conceding a goal or two. I dont know the stats but I would not be surprised if Liverpool had 75+ attempts in the games versus Burnley, Leicester and Sevilla for a total of 3 goals.

Some team is going to get absolutely hockeyed at some point when it all clicks but cant afford to drop silly points. City and United are streching away already with United in particular getting back in the habit of scoring a lot of goals late in games.

Walter Cronc

Ox taking some hammering on social media.

Must have witnessed those cross field passes going straight out on umpteen occasions!