Beer....

Started by 5 Sams, November 21, 2008, 09:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

That's the one, you know it Puck? Verdict?

Minder

Quote from: Puckoon on January 27, 2011, 09:57:40 PM
Blue Moon as in this

??

Drink it the odd time, not bad - actually good as a half and half with guinness on top.

Is this what the US of A does to a man?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Puckoon

Its tasty alright - but I find it a bit sickening after a few. It's always nice to see it if you end up somewhere that just sells microbrewed, very hoppy red and dark beers, of which I am not a fan.

There is one quite like it called Shock Top that you should check out, if you get the chance, and a tangerine wheat beer that isnt bad either. I actually think it was the tangerine wheat beer the fella gave me with the Guinness in it.

Puckoon

Quote from: Minder on January 27, 2011, 10:00:51 PM

Guilty. Total c**k. :)

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Puckoon on January 27, 2011, 10:35:01 PM
Its tasty alright - but I find it a bit sickening after a few. It's always nice to see it if you end up somewhere that just sells microbrewed, very hoppy red and dark beers, of which I am not a fan.

Agree with Puck, two or three is enough.

tyssam5

Quote from: Minder on January 27, 2011, 10:00:51 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on January 27, 2011, 09:57:40 PM
Blue Moon as in this

??

Drink it the odd time, not bad - actually good as a half and half with guinness on top.

In fairness that is a fruit's beer on either side of the Atlantic!  :)

Here's the kind Puckoon was scared of!
http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits/the-brews/year-round-brews/90-minute-ipa.htm

Puckoon

http://www.arrogantbastard.com/home.asp

Arrogant Bastard, Double Bastard, and Lucky Bastard.

Not scared ya shite - just too rich for my taste buds.

The Iceman

Been enjoying a few Bud Lights  - they had them one night I was out $2 promotion and I didn't like the idea of them then got on to them.
Not bad at all.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: The Iceman on March 02, 2011, 07:43:18 PM
Been enjoying a few Bud Lights  - they had them one night I was out $2 promotion and I didn't like the idea of them then got on to them.
Not bad at all.

That'd be the mercury-infused anti-freeze... seeping into your brain!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Puckoon

Interesting Iceman. If I'm going to drink one of the domestic beers here, it'd be the miller light or the michelob ultra. I detest Budwieser with a serious pashin as they say up north - and if you've too many of them you be doing a serious bit of pashin yourself.

They make me awful gassy - but the new vortex neck on the Miller light bottle is the ticket I think. They just got Sapporo on draught in one of the locals here - cracking gear.

f**k I could go for a serious couple pints after this day.

lfdown2

Drank Sierra Nevada the whole time I was in SD, ye tried it Puck? Lovely Stuff!

Drinking Coopers Pale Ale in Oz at the min, enjoy the odd Peroni and then the bland stuff

Puckoon

Aye, its brewed right close to me - I wouldn't thank you for it to be honest. As TYSAM says, Im scared of those really hoppy beers. Lager, stout and cider for me.

ziggysego

If we're talking domestic beers, I've taken a liking to Tennents in recent months.
Testing Accessibility

Groucho

Quote from: ziggysego on March 04, 2011, 01:40:00 AM
If we're talking domestic beers, I've taken a liking to Tennents in recent months.

Wouldn't even throw it at the army! ;)
I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

ziggysego

Quote from: Groucho on March 04, 2011, 10:08:02 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on March 04, 2011, 01:40:00 AM

Wouldn't even throw it at the army! ;)

Considering I used to drink Budweister, it's a step up ;)
Testing Accessibility