Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 19, 2020, 02:18:42 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 19, 2020, 11:07:23 AM
i seen that as well lol it was a laughing topic for a few chats im in about the constant interviews with them.

Its almost like hurling doesn't exist in Antrim outside of that small circle he interviews at times in the irish news.

Here's the thing, you'd be a fool not to promote your own club/parish with some columns in a national paper.

It's up to Brendan and core to through out a wider net for people to be interviewed, though in fairness what can we talk about? It's dead! The Saffron Gael quiz is the best thing going on locally lol

Thats true but when lads are getting at him on twitter asking does he do that many interviews in Cdall to justify having a caravan there its telling a tale lol  ;D

The Saffron Gael is the best there is about for any new on Antrim GAA. Curly is always looking for new stories and for old ones to visit.

Id love to see more like that from our club teams in All ireland action - like is no footage of Ballycastle, Loughgiel and Rossa's club finals about? in the 80's? We have a fair nbit of our games up on our own YouTube channel (including a football semi final against yourselves back in 1990) but id like to see other clubs games.

hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 20, 2020, 08:26:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 19, 2020, 02:18:42 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 19, 2020, 11:07:23 AM
i seen that as well lol it was a laughing topic for a few chats im in about the constant interviews with them.

Its almost like hurling doesn't exist in Antrim outside of that small circle he interviews at times in the irish news.

Here's the thing, you'd be a fool not to promote your own club/parish with some columns in a national paper.

It's up to Brendan and core to through out a wider net for people to be interviewed, though in fairness what can we talk about? It's dead! The Saffron Gael quiz is the best thing going on locally lol

Thats true but when lads are getting at him on twitter asking does he do that many interviews in Cdall to justify having a caravan there its telling a tale lol  ;D

The Saffron Gael is the best there is about for any new on Antrim GAA. Curly is always looking for new stories and for old ones to visit.

Id love to see more like that from our club teams in All ireland action - like is no footage of Ballycastle, Loughgiel and Rossa's club finals about? in the 80's? We have a fair nbit of our games up on our own YouTube channel (including a football semi final against yourselves back in 1990) but id like to see other clubs games.

Ah DR send me that link please, we've been going hammer and tongs on a closed FB page for the club, some fantastic old photos of games gone by and they lead up to our quiz night on Friday nights which generally finish around 3 as the craic continues on after the quiz finish's

£5 entry and all proceeds go towards the club, trying to find all sorts of games or footage/clips of previous games. Managed to find a hurling game we played Davitts in from the mid 80's!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Thats the link there MR2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQrmX0nnTH8&t=8s

We have loads of games up on our channel now from league match, underage games, camogie matches and All ireland semis etc. I remember being at that game as well! lol was the week after we beat Ballycastle in the hurling semi final so the whole thing was buzzing still thinking we could beat yourselves. But St Galls were a very strong team back then and much more physical that our lads were.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 21, 2020, 09:09:36 AM
Thats the link there MR2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQrmX0nnTH8&t=8s

We have loads of games up on our channel now from league match, underage games, camogie matches and All ireland semis etc. I remember being at that game as well! lol was the week after we beat Ballycastle in the hurling semi final so the whole thing was buzzing still thinking we could beat yourselves. But St Galls were a very strong team back then and much more physical that our lads were.
Thanks

That was a very strong team to try and get on, we'd some great footballers, beat Cargin in the lowest scoring final in Rasharkin that year, beat them again 93 with that particular team coming to an end.

I was 19 the following year and played about 3 league games for the seniors but struggled with the physicality of senior football, never really pushed on after that in fairness, was content to playing reserve football and Southy (no training required) and concentrated on a long senior hurling career (better choice  ;) )

You went on to win the hurling after a replay v Rossa, final at Loughgiel? Great win and the start of a long successful run.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Yeah we did and when you look back on them pair of games against Rossa you realise how strong a team they were back then as well. That was a team that 2 years previous were in an All Ireland final and had a host of Antrim senior hurlers in their panel.

Ive a few paper cuttings here of games you might want as well for yourselves which ill send onto you.
hurl like f**k boi!

Kidder81

No end to it -  :-\

@CrossanBrendan

After a couple of conversations with Shane McNaughton over the past few weeks, I persuaded him to write down some of his thoughts.

I'm glad I did. Absolutely lovely piece in the news section tomorrow.

Finding beauty in the simple things. Maith thú @Shanemcn15

paddyjohn

Quote from: Kidder81 on May 26, 2020, 09:02:11 AM
No end to it -  :-\

@CrossanBrendan

After a couple of conversations with Shane McNaughton over the past few weeks, I persuaded him to write down some of his thoughts.

I'm glad I did. Absolutely lovely piece in the news section tomorrow.

Finding beauty in the simple things. Maith thú @Shanemcn15

It's actually not that bad of a read.

paddyjohn

Stay home & stay safe lads...  ;)

Na Glinntí Glasa

yeah he'd maybe want to stay away from writing stories about hurling in Cdall for the next while lol

ffs lads go to a field in the middle of nowhere not your own clubs pitch thats closed!
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

I wonder if those people from the Dall who have very vocal all weekend about visitors will turn the tide and direct it towards the club?

Na Glinntí Glasa

its known all over the place now and ive seen pictures and a video of them. the county had an email out Monday night after it warning about the pitches being closed and that teams would face being put out of the championship and players individually facing sanctions if caught training.

look i get lads are scunderred and want to train, we all do, and we want our games back again but we have to maintain what we are doing and listening to the rules of the association. just bide your time and it will be back again.

hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Quote from: paddyjohn on May 26, 2020, 07:02:56 PM
I wonder if those people from the Dall who have very vocal all weekend about visitors will turn the tide and direct it towards the club?

Whats the story here PJ?

themac_23

i assume the problem is that it was on the club pitch? few lads pucking the ball about not on GAA property isn't really anything to do with the gaa?

Milltown Row2

Can you puck a ball around a council pitch? If the lads are all living together then fine no issues I suppose

Stillwater2

Dont think the issue was a few lads pucking the ball about. Think it was a manager led session on club pitch. Think that may be the issue.