Myles Na G.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 17, 2009, 04:15:41 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on December 16, 2009, 09:35:38 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 16, 2009, 09:31:44 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on December 16, 2009, 09:11:09 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 16, 2009, 09:07:54 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on December 16, 2009, 09:05:03 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on December 16, 2009, 09:00:47 PM
Whatever the problems the fact remains that North of Ireland fans do have a capacity, much like Kate Adie, of being present in troible hotspots, eg Bratislava, in Belfast with rioting Poles etc.
They are certainy not the poor innocent bystanders EG would have us think
Where do you expect NI fans to be if not in Belfast? Do you condemn RoI fans for being in Dublin some years ago when England fans rioted?
did the Irish fans retaliate in the same manner as the ni fans did ?
I cant remember that !!
::)
So you agree that the Poles initiated the violence? That's progress, I suppose.
how so - the originators of this were not in question (apart from maybe the voices in yer head !!)
would look like they started some of it, but who knows, cant rely on tv/media reports...
either way there was a disturbing desire to fight among the ifa contingent that the Irish fans didnt have when under worse provocation in lansdowne road.
Different circumstances altogether. The English lot didn't kick off until they were in the ground, at which point the guards made sure there was no way the Irish could get involved. Might've been a different story if the trouble had started in pubs in the city centre.
not different circumstances at all...
plenty of opportunity for the Irish fans who would have seen it on the telly to also come out and have a go at the english hooligans if they were so inclined - but thats the point ....they were not and in contrary to the ni fans who were.
my point stands.
Like all your points, it  doesn't even have the strength to lie slumped in the corner.

Main Street

No Irish fans, that did go into that kip the Dubliner, were involved in violent incidents when Ireland played Slovakia.

Quote from: Myles Na G. on December 16, 2009, 09:35:38 PM
Different circumstances altogether. The English lot didn't kick off until they were in the ground, at which point the guards made sure there was no way the Irish could get involved. Might've been a different story if the trouble had started in pubs in the city centre.

Yeah sure Myles ::)  You are an encyclopedia for some infinite amount of nonsense.
I thought everybody and their dog knew that the Gardai were conspicuous by their absence that night. It seemed an eternity before that lone baton wielding warrior was relieved by the riot squad. Plenty of time for people to get involved if they were so inclined.

Dannymcfella

Quote from: Myles Na G. on December 17, 2009, 08:09:25 PM
'Neither of you two clowns were talkiing to anyone who was in the bar at the time, I was. '
When you come up with a bit of corroborative evidence to support your argument, as EG has done to support his, I'll start taking you seriously. Until then, I repeat my response to your last post.
:D
'Why don't you bend him over and rim him...'
You seem to know a lot about that kind of stuff. Something you want to share with the board?

Would hardly calling quoting statements from a forum corroborative evidence. Thats like someone going onto OWC and quoting statements from this form as fact. Think it safe to safe the truth lies somewhere in between, I refuse to believe that the Bouncers/thugs got violent for absolutely no reason but I would also think its pretty obvious that they were extremely heavy handed

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

EG obviously avoids the flag incident as a factor.  ::)
Tbc....

fitzroyalty

I drank in the Dubliner when I was in Bratislava and to be fair the staff were sound as  ???

illdecide

Quote from: fitzroyalty on December 18, 2009, 11:43:18 AM
I drank in the Dubliner when I was in Bratislava and to be fair the staff were sound as  ???

You told me you didn't drink alcohol you little liar :D I suppose you don't gamble on-line either :P
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

saffron sam2

Quote from: Evil Genius on December 16, 2009, 08:25:18 PM
Quote from: red hander on December 15, 2009, 09:19:23 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on December 15, 2009, 09:07:09 PM
Quote from: red hander on December 15, 2009, 08:37:15 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 15, 2009, 08:05:52 PM
Same when the Norn Iron fans were assaulted in an Irish bar in Slovakia. Makes you wonder.

Flicked over to the Rangers game earlier there, and thought I heard the words "Bobby Sands" being sung in a song by one set of the supporters. Not 100% though on that. What song would or could they be singing?

Assaulted my hole ... they removed a tricolour from the wall, the bar staff attempted to stop them, the bar staff were attacked and the bouncers weighed in to protect the bar staff, but the version we got was that two wee innocent huns from Fermanagh were beaten up for absolutely no reason
Wouldn't matter what version you got. In such circumstances, bigots like you make your own story up to fit in with your prejudices.

FYI, it came from an OWC supporter who was in the bar when the thing happened

I don't believe  a word of that, Red Hander, since I was in Bratislava myself and spoke to fans who were in the pub at the time. I trust their word over yours, never mind that of your (fictitious) "OWC mate" any day.
Of course, I don't expect you or like-minded individuals to take my word for this, so I've followed up some references (alluded to by MnaG above) from foot.ie, an ROI soccer fans' website.

To put this into context, the ROI played a game in Bratislava the year before the NI game. Prior/subsequent to the ROI game, and again prior to the NI game, ROI fans were warning, from personal experience, of the dangers of "The Dubliner" bar (or more accurately its doorstaff), as follows.

Prior to the ROI Game
1. "Citizenerased" on 09/08/07:
Hi all, I have just returned from Bratislava yesterday the 07 August 2007, I went on a stag party with my friends for the august weekend...            ...however I have one small problem, as I sit here writing this I am finding it difficult to see out through my eyes as I was severely assaulted on my last night there, I went to the hospital yesterday where I received four stitches to my nose as a result of the assault.
It happened in the Dubliner Irish Pub(I am Irish by the way), I would urge any man thinking of going over there not too, I was dragged downstairs in the pub by what I can only describe as two (security staff) ex army men, huge from steroids and crazy from drugs towards a very dark room where they proceeded to kick the crap out of me, I managed to break free and a friend of mine spotted me, he had been looking for me for ten minutes, he was kicked away as he tried to intervene, then he raised the alarm.
2. "Soylent Green" on 20/08/07:
Not to get people too worried but I got the following warning from my cousin living in Slovakia:
"Avoid police and nightclub staff. Bratislava is NOT a place to get into a situation at night. You can get mugged easily by the bouncers believe me. Old trick your mates get in,someone gets hit and a large drinks bill is presented to you as a way out. Anyway worst case syndrome but it does happen"
3. "KoemansCC" on 21/08/97:
one common thing I've seen on all sites/forums is regarding the Dubliner pub...not friendly, over priced, over zealous doormen...
4. "Mento" on 21/08/07:
Hviezdoslavovo square the place to be and stay away from Dubliner

After the ROI Game:
5. "Zinedineontour" on 14/09/07:
Got to agree with all the comments thought Bratislava was a bit of a kip and the bars and restaurants didnt want the service and i wont even start about the dubliner "irish " bar with the 8 bouncers outside !
6. "Piggy" on 14/09/07:
I thought Bratislave was the biggest sh*t hole i ever had the misfortune of being in! Apart from the fact that we got attacked by a couple of thugs and the bouncers on friday night i just thought the attitude of the people was terrible. The staff in the pubs were ****ed off because the place was so busy and they didnt give a **** about service.
The police were also a disaster. They didnt care that we had been attacked and refused to give us their names or numbers so we could follow up. Sorted that problem by taking pictures of their badges with my phone.
My buddy is off to A&E this morning to get his broken nose fixed. The third world A&E in bratislava couldnt be bothered!
7. "upkerry" on 14/09/07:
Lads from the offset the locals had no regard for the Irish. Unfriendly, unhelpful and only out for the quick buck. As for the so called Irish pubs. The Dubliner had what I could only call several thugs on the door. I was lucky enough not to have any problems but I saw many decent Irish fans turned away or evicted for nothing including several elderly supporters.
8. "Rogue Trader" on 18/09/07:
i never encountered this poor local attitude in Bratislava except in that bloody Dubliner pub(Which i avoided after what i seen was on the Door).
9. "Neil McD" on 18/09/07:
Again Bratislava was great craic as long as you stayed away from the Dubliner which I thought was a shocker of a bar.

Before the NI game:
10. "GUFCT" on 29/08/08:
(Hope you don't get the torrential rain we had last year) or the gestapo bouncers.Stay far away from the Dubliner Bar by far the biggest bunch of thugs i have ever come across in all my travels.

After the NI game:
11. "Bottle of Tonic" on 08/09/08:
I see some of the NI fans took a batein in the Dubliner bar in Bratislava. (bbc website) Having been there this time last year i'm not surprised. They had four heavies kitted out in army gear as bouncers and wouldn't let any of us in when the place was only half full. Total cants.

That is just a selection, gleaned after a perfunctory search. Of course, I suppose it is just possible that all those ROI fans were involved in removing Union Jacks and singing Loyalist songs etc, but I doubt it. Or I could just be making it all up*.

However, I prefer the explanation which subsequently emerged from a conversation between an NI fan and a local contact in Slovakia, who explained that most of the "Security" Firms who provide doorstaff for Bratislava pubs and clubs etc are owned by organised crime. As such, they are actually operating protection rackets against the owners of these venues, and periodically make a display of "muscle" to keep the owners intimidated. Apparently football fans make as good a victim of this muscle as any. Certainly, the thugs who attacked the NI fans were all dressed alike in black, military clothing, with baseball bats and knuckle-dusters etc.

* - I've often wondered how myths such as eg NI fans being the cause of the violence in Bratislava, rather than the victims etc emerge. I used to attribute it to misunderstandings and exagerration and so on. But from this particular thread, I see that at least some derive from malicious liars simply making things up, to suit some bigoted agenda... >:(

Anyone else remember the Celtic / northern Ireland supporter "Let's all do the bouncy" wheeled out on occasion by Evil Genius as conclusive evidence of what needed to proved / disproved?

If you cannae do the bouncy, you're a tim.
Cannae do the bouncy, cannae do the bouncy,
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

T Fearon

I'm still waiting for the "moron with the 20p" who issued the Lennon death threat, to be unveiled. Until he is handed over there will be no justice. ;D

wallyman

Olaf

Quote from: T Fearon on December 16, 2009, 07:32:48 PM
Lat year, at least one male North of Ireland fan came home from Slovakia with one testicle less than he went out with ;D

Why do you find this humorous? ??? 

Notwithstanding your obvious disdain for every NI supporter any reasonable thinking person would find it impossible to find any humour of any nature in this comment.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: wallyman on December 19, 2009, 02:29:21 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on December 18, 2009, 10:57:52 AM
EG obviously avoids the flag incident as a factor.  ::)

What's this?

Reason for the trouble in the bar was that as well as singing (odious songs) and abusing the bar staff, the worlds greatest fans decided to vandalise the pub by taking a Tricolour of the wall, I mean the disgrace of having a Tricolour in an "Irish Bar", just to wind up the GAWA (allegedly  ::))!
Tbc....

Archie Mitchell

9 minute hat-trick for Kris Boyd to equal Larssons goal scoring record in the SPL. Cert to break it tonight.

T Fearon

So what? WestlIfe haVe sold more records than the Rolling Stones but that does not make them the better group. In any case Boyd will probably be gone in January.

When he has played for three European Cup winning sides, scored in a major European Final and won a Champions League medal he can be mentioned in the same breath as Larsson.

Archie Mitchell

Fantastic 5 for Kris Boyd tonight.

Kenny Miller got sent off so will miss the Old Firm. Rangers won't score on Sunday with him not playing.