The Official Fantastic Glasgow Rangers thread

Started by T Fearon, December 12, 2007, 09:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

At least all male huns fans go to away games with two testicles and return home with the same quantity! Now you can't say the same for North of Ireland fans ;D

Myles Na G.

Quote from: stew on December 15, 2009, 11:03:11 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on December 15, 2009, 09:07:09 PM
Quote from: red hander on December 15, 2009, 08:37:15 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 15, 2009, 08:05:52 PM
Same when the Norn Iron fans were assaulted in an Irish bar in Slovakia. Makes you wonder.

Flicked over to the Rangers game earlier there, and thought I heard the words "Bobby Sands" being sung in a song by one set of the supporters. Not 100% though on that. What song would or could they be singing?

Assaulted my hole ... they removed a tricolour from the wall, the bar staff attempted to stop them, the bar staff were attacked and the bouncers weighed in to protect the bar staff, but the version we got was that two wee innocent huns from Fermanagh were beaten up for absolutely no reason
Wouldn't matter what version you got. In such circumstances, bigots like you make your own story up to fit in with your prejudices.

Are you a bigot myles?

I would say that I would have to take the word of the bar staff over a bunch of knackers from the bogs of the black north and Glasgow, with them full of drink and all.
I wasn't in The Dubliner when the incident happened, but then neither were any of those who post on here with all the authority of eyewitnesses. I do know that the bar in question has a reputation for this kind of thing. Indeed, some republic supporters had difficulties in the place the previous year when they played there. Also, if you google it, you come across this kind of thing.
http://www.ratepubs.com/pub/23/general.htm
I also know two lads who were in the bar at the time, both of whom I'd trust to give a fair account. They told me there was a bit of singing before the security firm waded in, but nothing to justify the severity of the beating some of the NI fans took. Put that together and you get a picture of an unprovoked assault by a bunch of thugs on a group of football fans having a good time. Yet a few bigots on here want to believe a different story, because it fits better with their own prejudiced view of NI supporters. Am I a bigot? I hope not, but if you've any evidence to the contrary, put it out there.

wallyman

Quote from: T Fearon on December 15, 2009, 11:59:12 PM
At least all male huns fans go to away games with two testicles and return home with the same quantity! Now you can't say the same for North of Ireland fans ;D

??

T Fearon

Lat year, at least one male North of Ireland fan came home from Slovakia with one testicle less than he went out with ;D

wallyman

Quote from: T Fearon on December 16, 2009, 07:32:48 PM
Lat year, at least one male North of Ireland fan came home from Slovakia with one testicle less than he went out with ;D

and how would you know that.....was it you?!!

Evil Genius

Quote from: red hander on December 15, 2009, 09:19:23 PM
Same when the Norn Iron fans were assaulted in an Irish bar in Slovakia. Makes you wonder.

Flicked over to the Rangers game earlier there, and thought I heard the words "Bobby Sands" being sung in a song by one set of the supporters. Not 100% though on that. What song would or could they be singing?

Assaulted my hole ... they removed a tricolour from the wall, the bar staff attempted to stop them, the bar staff were attacked and the bouncers weighed in to protect the bar staff, but the version we got was that two wee innocent huns from Fermanagh were beaten up for absolutely no reason
Wouldn't matter what version you got. In such circumstances, bigots like you make your own story up to fit in with your prejudices.

FYI, it came from an OWC supporter who was in the bar when the thing happened

I don't believe  a word of that, Red Hander, since I was in Bratislava myself and spoke to fans who were in the pub at the time. I trust their word over yours, never mind that of your (fictitious) "OWC mate" any day.
Of course, I don't expect you or like-minded individuals to take my word for this, so I've followed up some references (alluded to by MnaG above) from foot.ie, an ROI soccer fans' website.

To put this into context, the ROI played a game in Bratislava the year before the NI game. Prior/subsequent to the ROI game, and again prior to the NI game, ROI fans were warning, from personal experience, of the dangers of "The Dubliner" bar (or more accurately its doorstaff), as follows.

Prior to the ROI Game
1. "Citizenerased" on 09/08/07:
Hi all, I have just returned from Bratislava yesterday the 07 August 2007, I went on a stag party with my friends for the august weekend...            ...however I have one small problem, as I sit here writing this I am finding it difficult to see out through my eyes as I was severely assaulted on my last night there, I went to the hospital yesterday where I received four stitches to my nose as a result of the assault.
It happened in the Dubliner Irish Pub(I am Irish by the way), I would urge any man thinking of going over there not too, I was dragged downstairs in the pub by what I can only describe as two (security staff) ex army men, huge from steroids and crazy from drugs towards a very dark room where they proceeded to kick the crap out of me, I managed to break free and a friend of mine spotted me, he had been looking for me for ten minutes, he was kicked away as he tried to intervene, then he raised the alarm.
2. "Soylent Green" on 20/08/07:
Not to get people too worried but I got the following warning from my cousin living in Slovakia:
"Avoid police and nightclub staff. Bratislava is NOT a place to get into a situation at night. You can get mugged easily by the bouncers believe me. Old trick your mates get in,someone gets hit and a large drinks bill is presented to you as a way out. Anyway worst case syndrome but it does happen"
3. "KoemansCC" on 21/08/97:
one common thing I've seen on all sites/forums is regarding the Dubliner pub...not friendly, over priced, over zealous doormen...
4. "Mento" on 21/08/07:
Hviezdoslavovo square the place to be and stay away from Dubliner

After the ROI Game:
5. "Zinedineontour" on 14/09/07:
Got to agree with all the comments thought Bratislava was a bit of a kip and the bars and restaurants didnt want the service and i wont even start about the dubliner "irish " bar with the 8 bouncers outside !
6. "Piggy" on 14/09/07:
I thought Bratislave was the biggest sh*t hole i ever had the misfortune of being in! Apart from the fact that we got attacked by a couple of thugs and the bouncers on friday night i just thought the attitude of the people was terrible. The staff in the pubs were ****ed off because the place was so busy and they didnt give a **** about service.
The police were also a disaster. They didnt care that we had been attacked and refused to give us their names or numbers so we could follow up. Sorted that problem by taking pictures of their badges with my phone.
My buddy is off to A&E this morning to get his broken nose fixed. The third world A&E in bratislava couldnt be bothered!
7. "upkerry" on 14/09/07:
Lads from the offset the locals had no regard for the Irish. Unfriendly, unhelpful and only out for the quick buck. As for the so called Irish pubs. The Dubliner had what I could only call several thugs on the door. I was lucky enough not to have any problems but I saw many decent Irish fans turned away or evicted for nothing including several elderly supporters.
8. "Rogue Trader" on 18/09/07:
i never encountered this poor local attitude in Bratislava except in that bloody Dubliner pub(Which i avoided after what i seen was on the Door).
9. "Neil McD" on 18/09/07:
Again Bratislava was great craic as long as you stayed away from the Dubliner which I thought was a shocker of a bar.

Before the NI game:
10. "GUFCT" on 29/08/08:
(Hope you don't get the torrential rain we had last year) or the gestapo bouncers.Stay far away from the Dubliner Bar by far the biggest bunch of thugs i have ever come across in all my travels.

After the NI game:
11. "Bottle of Tonic" on 08/09/08:
I see some of the NI fans took a batein in the Dubliner bar in Bratislava. (bbc website) Having been there this time last year i'm not surprised. They had four heavies kitted out in army gear as bouncers and wouldn't let any of us in when the place was only half full. Total cants.

That is just a selection, gleaned after a perfunctory search. Of course, I suppose it is just possible that all those ROI fans were involved in removing Union Jacks and singing Loyalist songs etc, but I doubt it. Or I could just be making it all up*.

However, I prefer the explanation which subsequently emerged from a conversation between an NI fan and a local contact in Slovakia, who explained that most of the "Security" Firms who provide doorstaff for Bratislava pubs and clubs etc are owned by organised crime. As such, they are actually operating protection rackets against the owners of these venues, and periodically make a display of "muscle" to keep the owners intimidated. Apparently football fans make as good a victim of this muscle as any. Certainly, the thugs who attacked the NI fans were all dressed alike in black, military clothing, with baseball bats and knuckle-dusters etc.

* - I've often wondered how myths such as eg NI fans being the cause of the violence in Bratislava, rather than the victims etc emerge. I used to attribute it to misunderstandings and exagerration and so on. But from this particular thread, I see that at least some derive from malicious liars simply making things up, to suit some bigoted agenda... >:(
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

lynchbhoy

unlike you to make up a story enid !!

does this go for the rangers fans too ?
or are they being 'lied about' as well ?? :D

rem that there are a hell of a lot of rangers/ni fans !!
;)

Evil Genius

Quote from: wallyman on December 16, 2009, 07:34:08 PM

To recap, Wallyman, when a gang of thugs masquerading as "security" staff launched an unprovoked attack on a group of Irish sports fans, several received serious injuries, including one who lost a testicle.

Most decent people would sympathise with such victims, especially other Irish sports fans. But because this particular incident involved Northern Irish sports fans, Fearon thinks it appropriate to make tasteless (and unfunny) "jokes" about it.

We should not be surprised; after all, in the past he has given us the benefit of his "humour" with comments upon Sir David Murray (ex-Rangers Chairman), who lost both his legs in a car crash. Still, I wonder should Fearon ever have the misfortune to lose a limb himself etc, would he have the brass neck to seek the assistance of this lot:
http://www.murray-foundation.org.uk/
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

lynchbhoy

ah yes the good old murry foundation - that more than makes up for the allowing and actual active encouragement of blatant sectarianism at rangers fc !!  ::)

Evil Genius

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 16, 2009, 08:34:05 PM
I  didn't make any of it up - I can cite references for each quotation I gave - unlike "Red Hander".

No idea, I'm not a Rangers fan, nor haven't ever attended one of their games.

;)
So? I know of three NI fans who also support Celtic.

Btw, was there any point to your post? Or is it just another instance of one of your "Pavlovian" responses, whereby you cannot help yourself from posting something every time you see my name, even if (as above), it is utter garbage?  ::)

"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Evil Genius on December 16, 2009, 08:25:18 PM
Quote from: red hander on December 15, 2009, 09:19:23 PM

FYI, it came from an OWC supporter who was in the bar when the thing happened

I don't believe  a word of that, Red Hander, since I was in Bratislava myself and spoke to fans who were in the pub at the time. I trust their word over yours, never mind that of your (fictitious) "OWC mate" any day.
Of course, I don't expect you or like-minded individuals to take my word for this, so I've followed up some references (alluded to by MnaG above) from foot.ie, an ROI soccer fans' website.

To put this into context, the ROI played a game in Bratislava the year before the NI game. Prior/subsequent to the ROI game, and again prior to the NI game, ROI fans were warning, from personal experience, of the dangers of "The Dubliner" bar (or more accurately its doorstaff), as follows.

Prior to the ROI Game
1. "Citizenerased" on 09/08/07:
Hi all, I have just returned from Bratislava yesterday the 07 August 2007, I went on a stag party with my friends for the august weekend...            ...however I have one small problem, as I sit here writing this I am finding it difficult to see out through my eyes as I was severely assaulted on my last night there, I went to the hospital yesterday where I received four stitches to my nose as a result of the assault.
It happened in the Dubliner Irish Pub(I am Irish by the way), I would urge any man thinking of going over there not too, I was dragged downstairs in the pub by what I can only describe as two (security staff) ex army men, huge from steroids and crazy from drugs towards a very dark room where they proceeded to kick the crap out of me, I managed to break free and a friend of mine spotted me, he had been looking for me for ten minutes, he was kicked away as he tried to intervene, then he raised the alarm.
2. "Soylent Green" on 20/08/07:
Not to get people too worried but I got the following warning from my cousin living in Slovakia:
"Avoid police and nightclub staff. Bratislava is NOT a place to get into a situation at night. You can get mugged easily by the bouncers believe me. Old trick your mates get in,someone gets hit and a large drinks bill is presented to you as a way out. Anyway worst case syndrome but it does happen"
3. "KoemansCC" on 21/08/97:
one common thing I've seen on all sites/forums is regarding the Dubliner pub...not friendly, over priced, over zealous doormen...
4. "Mento" on 21/08/07:
Hviezdoslavovo square the place to be and stay away from Dubliner

After the ROI Game:
5. "Zinedineontour" on 14/09/07:
Got to agree with all the comments thought Bratislava was a bit of a kip and the bars and restaurants didnt want the service and i wont even start about the dubliner "irish " bar with the 8 bouncers outside !
6. "Piggy" on 14/09/07:
I thought Bratislave was the biggest sh*t hole i ever had the misfortune of being in! Apart from the fact that we got attacked by a couple of thugs and the bouncers on friday night i just thought the attitude of the people was terrible. The staff in the pubs were ****ed off because the place was so busy and they didnt give a **** about service.
The police were also a disaster. They didnt care that we had been attacked and refused to give us their names or numbers so we could follow up. Sorted that problem by taking pictures of their badges with my phone.
My buddy is off to A&E this morning to get his broken nose fixed. The third world A&E in bratislava couldnt be bothered!
7. "upkerry" on 14/09/07:
Lads from the offset the locals had no regard for the Irish. Unfriendly, unhelpful and only out for the quick buck. As for the so called Irish pubs. The Dubliner had what I could only call several thugs on the door. I was lucky enough not to have any problems but I saw many decent Irish fans turned away or evicted for nothing including several elderly supporters.
8. "Rogue Trader" on 18/09/07:
i never encountered this poor local attitude in Bratislava except in that bloody Dubliner pub(Which i avoided after what i seen was on the Door).
9. "Neil McD" on 18/09/07:
Again Bratislava was great craic as long as you stayed away from the Dubliner which I thought was a shocker of a bar.

Before the NI game:
10. "GUFCT" on 29/08/08:
(Hope you don't get the torrential rain we had last year) or the gestapo bouncers.Stay far away from the Dubliner Bar by far the biggest bunch of thugs i have ever come across in all my travels.

After the NI game:
11. "Bottle of Tonic" on 08/09/08:
I see some of the NI fans took a batein in the Dubliner bar in Bratislava. (bbc website) Having been there this time last year i'm not surprised. They had four heavies kitted out in army gear as bouncers and wouldn't let any of us in when the place was only half full. Total cants.

That is just a selection, gleaned after a perfunctory search. Of course, I suppose it is just possible that all those ROI fans were involved in removing Union Jacks and singing Loyalist songs etc, but I doubt it. Or I could just be making it all up*.

However, I prefer the explanation which subsequently emerged from a conversation between an NI fan and a local contact in Slovakia, who explained that most of the "Security" Firms who provide doorstaff for Bratislava pubs and clubs etc are owned by organised crime. As such, they are actually operating protection rackets against the owners of these venues, and periodically make a display of "muscle" to keep the owners intimidated. Apparently football fans make as good a victim of this muscle as any. Certainly, the thugs who attacked the NI fans were all dressed alike in black, military clothing, with baseball bats and knuckle-dusters etc.

* - I've often wondered how myths such as eg NI fans being the cause of the violence in Bratislava, rather than the victims etc emerge. I used to attribute it to misunderstandings and exagerration and so on. But from this particular thread, I see that at least some derive from malicious liars simply making things up, to suit some bigoted agenda... >:(
Good post EG - what I was trying to say, only with better research!

wallyman

Quote from: Evil Genius on December 16, 2009, 08:42:48 PM
Quote from: wallyman on December 16, 2009, 07:34:08 PM

To recap, Wallyman, when a gang of thugs masquerading as "security" staff launched an unprovoked attack on a group of Irish sports fans, several received serious injuries, including one who lost a testicle.

Most decent people would sympathise with such victims, especially other Irish sports fans. But because this particular incident involved Northern Irish sports fans, Fearon thinks it appropriate to make tasteless (and unfunny) "jokes" about it.

We should not be surprised; after all, in the past he has given us the benefit of his "humour" with comments upon Sir David Murray (ex-Rangers Chairman), who lost both his legs in a car crash. Still, I wonder should Fearon ever have the misfortune to lose a limb himself etc, would he have the brass neck to seek the assistance of this lot:
http://www.murray-foundation.org.uk/

Wowww mr genius...way ott response, i was merely asking tony fearon was he in bratislava. Obv tony fearon has 'got on your goat' so to speak. Maybe you should seek to resolve your issues with him directly rather than polluting the board.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Evil Genius on December 16, 2009, 08:49:29 PM
I  didn't make any of it up - I can cite references for each quotation I gave - unlike "Red Hander".

No idea, I'm not a Rangers fan, nor haven't ever attended one of their games.

;)
So? I know of three NI fans who also support Celtic.

Btw, was there any point to your post? Or is it just another instance of one of your "Pavlovian" responses, whereby you cannot help yourself from posting something every time you see my name, even if (as above), it is utter garbage?  ::)
nope , just when you went off topic again (as per usual - no content to your rantings !!), I wondered did you know about rangers/ni fans who did act in a scurrilous manner.
I have seen this with my own eyes, though as it was some years ago I'd hope they were all locked up by now...
just wondering if you had the decency to condemn these as well....obv you dont have - quelle surprise !

you often 'back up' your stories with completely makey uppy soutrces - like wikipedia, the discredited cain report and other 'eye witness' sightings as per your list of fables above.

I actually dont know what is true or not regarding the 'dubliner incident' as your sources are not really trustworthy. I would not doubt that the bouncers are heavy handed - the rest I'd say is a little from column a and also column b !!

anyhow, keep up the good works of fiction...always amusing when we see you veering off topic with long contentless pieces to deflect or equalise yet again !
:D

T Fearon

Whatever the problems the fact remains that North of Ireland fans do have a capacity, much like Kate Adie, of being present in troible hotspots, eg Bratislava, in Belfast with rioting Poles etc.

They are certainy not the poor innocent bystanders EG would have us think

Myles Na G.

Quote from: T Fearon on December 16, 2009, 09:00:47 PM
Whatever the problems the fact remains that North of Ireland fans do have a capacity, much like Kate Adie, of being present in troible hotspots, eg Bratislava, in Belfast with rioting Poles etc.

They are certainy not the poor innocent bystanders EG would have us think
Where do you expect NI fans to be if not in Belfast? Do you condemn RoI fans for being in Dublin some years ago when England fans rioted?