Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambrose

Deckchairs rearranged on the Titanic. As you were.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

downjim

Not many people looking to unseat any officers?? I actually think the county board are doing a lot better than previous years, the debt that has been left by previous officers is a disgrace

yewtree

Jack Devanney as Chairman is a massive coup for Down , the regard he is held in is phenomenal on the corridors of GAA power.The fact that no one stood against him is a mark of the esteem he is held in within the county.

He is extremely educated well spoken ,well read on GAA issues and is a progressive.From talking to people the amazing part is it has taken him so long to become Chairman ,some say a potential President.He has worked tirelessly at all levels of the GAA over the years.

From a business background and living in South Down his first big challenge will be Ballykinler.

Will he scale it back and look at the options closer to home in Newry for us? Talk before was of the site near Newry and a scaled back Ballykinler , yes planning has been submitted but an amendment could be added.Jack Devanney will be looking to make his mark from the get go and I have a feeling Ballykinler will be on his radar to scale back.

Already the rumblings from sponsors like what has happened in other counties has begun.The sponsors will have a big say on this before any brick is laid and Jack Devanney will be very aware of those sponsors.So very much looking forward to his term.

Sandstorm

Heard Jack made a great acceptance speech. He is a very capable  orator.  Will he be able to keep the man in the hat in check? As a paid officer his role is to carry out the decisions of the County Board, not be the decision taker as he has been for too long.

Square Ball

Yes, congratulations to Jack. Can't really see him curtailing BK, but then again there's people on here that seem to have the inside track
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Cuan12

For pity's sake Yewtree crawl back under the rock from whence you came from, who are the sponsors that don't want a centre of excellance , you keep telling us of rumblings and here say, the new chairman will do what's right for the county not just what the Newry gaels want, by the way he also from east down.

Petergriffin1

TEAM OF THE YEAR - Across all divisions.

1. Bobo Kilcoo 
2. Patrick Murdock Warrenpoint
3. Luke Byrne Shamrocks
4. Aiden Brannigan Kilcoo
5. Shane Annet - Bridge
6. Daryl Brannigan Kilcoo
7. Aaron Brannigan Kilcoo
8. John Boyle Point
9. P Murph Harps
10. Mc Cartan Glenn
11. PD kilcoo
12. Tyrenan Rusher HARPS
13. Quinn Bridge
14. Joseph Sands Glenn
15. J Johnson Kilcoo

thoughts?

elk

Quote from: Petergriffin1 on December 16, 2019, 10:16:44 AM

1. Bobo Kilcoo 
3. Luke Byrne Shamrocks
5. Shane Annet - Bridge
8. John Boyle Point
9. P Murph Harps
10. Mc Cartan Glenn
11. PD kilcoo
12. Tyrenan Rusher HARPS
13. Quinn Bridge
14. Joseph Sands Glenn
15. J Johnson Kilcoo

thoughts?
You need to watch more matches

johnnycool

Is Jack not a member of Bredagh?

Sems a sound man any time I've had dealings with him.

WRT BK, I see someone has already donated £65K towards it according to the accounts I saw, unless I wasn't reading them right.

Is "Chicken" a family nickname as I know a "chicken" whose brother was PRO now treasurer???

Petergriffin1

Square Ball

Jack is indeed a member of Bredagh.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

SamFever

Quote from: Square Ball on December 16, 2019, 04:04:19 PM
Jack is indeed a member of Bredagh.
i thought he lived out Glenn direction and Saul before that.

yewtree

Quote from: Cuan12 on December 14, 2019, 02:00:18 PM
For pity's sake Yewtree crawl back under the rock from whence you came from, who are the sponsors that don't want a centre of excellance , you keep telling us of rumblings and here say, the new chairman will do what's right for the county not just what the Newry gaels want, by the way he also from east down.
Quote from: yewtree on December 13, 2019, 12:55:29 PM
Jack Devanney as Chairman is a massive coup for Down , the regard he is held in is phenomenal on the corridors of GAA power.The fact that no one stood against him is a mark of the esteem he is held in within the county.

He is extremely educated well spoken ,well read on GAA issues and is a progressive.From talking to people the amazing part is it has taken him so long to become Chairman ,some say a potential President.He has worked tirelessly at all levels of the GAA over the years.

From a business background and living in South Down his first big challenge will be Ballykinler.

Will he scale it back and look at the options closer to home in Newry for us? Talk before was of the site near Newry and a scaled back Ballykinler , yes planning has been submitted but an amendment could be added.Jack Devanney will be looking to make his mark from the get go and I have a feeling Ballykinler will be on his radar to scale back.

Already the rumblings from sponsors like what has happened in other counties has begun.The sponsors will have a big say on this before any brick is laid and Jack Devanney will be very aware of those sponsors.So very much looking forward to his term.

As far as I have been told for all your information Jack is not from East Down , he lives in South Down and is originally from the Cuala Club.I'm told years ago he was a driving force in Bredagh but now moved on to South Down.

He is articulate and has done trojan work through the years at club and university level and watch this space what he does regards Newry site and Ballykinlar.

I am led to believe he is on the liberal progressive side of the GAA and look forward to his tenure.

charlieTully

Quote from: Petergriffin1 on December 16, 2019, 10:16:44 AM

1. Bobo Kilcoo 
3. Luke Byrne Shamrocks
5. Shane Annet - Bridge
8. John Boyle Point
9. P Murph Harps
10. Mc Cartan Glenn
11. PD kilcoo
12. Tyrenan Rusher HARPS
13. Quinn Bridge
14. Joseph Sands Glenn
15. J Johnson Kilcoo

thoughts?

A you have too much time on your hands
B you are 12 years old.

downjim

Still no word on age groups for 2020 yet teams will be back resining in a few weeks. What nights are games on etc
Coaching officer role should be given to Poacher or Laverty