Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: johnnycool on January 08, 2021, 03:25:02 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 08, 2021, 03:04:07 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 08, 2021, 02:53:28 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 08, 2021, 02:47:38 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on January 08, 2021, 02:19:45 PM
Without knowing the in and outs of how political parties are formed in the US, and who has the right to run for President ... would it be feasible for Trump to set up his own party and run in 2024 if he so wished?  The comment from him last night that this was not the end, this is just the beginning, was disturbing.
It would split the US right-wing completely, they could not possibly win, Trump can only have even a theoretical chance of winning in 2024 if he is the Republican candidate

The Trumps are destroying the Republican party from the inside, the party has prostituted itself, it supinely bent over

I don't see how the Republicans will extricate themselves from Trump fascism now, this is an existential crisis for them and they don't realise it, they may not be able to win the presidency again until there is a generational shift and the penny drops for real with them, but that could take decades, they've lost the popular vote seven times out of eight now as it is

Any strategically minded Republicans should be begging Pelosi to impeach immediately and then vote to remove him from office, and lock the lot of the Trump crime family up quicksmart afterwards

That they are not doing this shows the true depth of their paralysis and pathology

It's like the fever dream retreat in the Tory party from 1997 on which drove them to the far right, except 100 times worse - at least

Surely there are enough ordinary decent republicans on the centre right who can chart the course back to the middle ground? Someone who would garner votes from Dems and Reps? The Dems were lucky with Biden. He wasn't a really credible candidate but the fact that he wasn't Trump seemed to get him over the line. Policy didn't matter, this election was a straight forward question. Do you want Donald Trump or not? A more credible centre right Rep would have won.
Who are they?

Romney is the only one who showed even a trace of a spine

There is little appetite for a bog standard Republican, that ideology has failed

But the so called "moderate" Republicans (an oxymoron) are actually the ones with the biggest cognitive dissonance, they are in denial about what their own ideology led to - Trump was the inevitable conclusion of it

A candidate like Romney will have a very, very hard time winning a Republican nomination for dog catcher in future, never mind a presidential nomination

The Republican base now are motivated almost entirely by hatred, which will also fail

The Kochs and the Ultra Right wing Tea Party movement were bedding in with the GOP long before Trump appeared on the scene.

Trump was the icing on that particular cake in 2016.
James Buchanan was mentioned earlier but there's a different James Buchanan who was the godfather of Koch Brothers type "libertarianism", he was a pseudo academic from Virginia who was incredibly influential

In the 1950s Buchanan came up with the ideas that led to a blizzard of far right "think tanks" and pseudo academic economic and legal "institutions" like the Hoover Institution at Stanford and the economics department at George Mason University and the legal department of the University of Miami among many others

These are the pseudo-intellectual driving forces of modern day American right-wing insanity

Buchanan's ideas came from a fervent belief that a white, property owning class should always hold the whip hand, his beliefs came from naked racism and belief in slavery - but his project was about denying that this ideology came from racism and belief in slavery

Buchanan was privately up front that the vast majority of people hated his ideas and the ideas of libertarianism, and that libertarianism inevitably led to tyranny - which he was cool with - as he showed when he helped draw up the Pinochet constitution in Chile, which has only just been done away with after four decades of mass democratic struggle

Buchanan was all about strategising - about how to dress up tyrannical ideas with "positive" buzzwords - "freedom", "reform", "liberty", "constitooooootion" etc. - he strategised about how to lie effectively - that is what American right-wing politics is all about - flagrant lying about the vultures they are - disguising a massive turd as a tempting chocolate cake

The Koch Brothers ran with his ideas wholesale - and in alliance with Murdoch media etc. this is how a hated ideology was dressed up as something positive, and tens of millions of people were lobotomised into voting against their own interests

The Koch Brothers' strategy was to put democracy in chains - ensure minority rule through mass voter suppression, then pack the courts to prevent progressive change in every aspect of society, to ensure corporate tyranny, flood the airwaves with armies of talking heads praising these disastrous ideas, mass propaganda, which would inevitably lead to fascist tyranny

Buchanan was certainly correct that the inevitable outcome of his ideas was tyranny, but as I say, he was totally cool with that, and so were the Kochs, and so was Murdoch, and so were those who went along with them all

We're now seeing that beyond any doubt

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on January 08, 2021, 03:14:15 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 08, 2021, 03:04:07 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 08, 2021, 02:53:28 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on January 08, 2021, 02:19:45 PM
Without knowing the in and outs of how political parties are formed in the US, and who has the right to run for President ... would it be feasible for Trump to set up his own party and run in 2024 if he so wished?  The comment from him last night that this was not the end, this is just the beginning, was disturbing.
It would split the US right-wing completely, they could not possibly win, Trump can only have even a theoretical chance of winning in 2024 if he is the Republican candidate

The Trumps are destroying the Republican party from the inside, the party has prostituted itself, it supinely bent over

I don't see how the Republicans will extricate themselves from Trump fascism now, this is an existential crisis for them and they don't realise it, they may not be able to win the presidency again until there is a generational shift and the penny drops for real with them, but that could take decades, they've lost the popular vote seven times out of eight now as it is

Any strategically minded Republicans should be begging Pelosi to impeach immediately and then vote to remove him from office, and lock the lot of the Trump crime family up quicksmart afterwards

That they are not doing this shows the true depth of their paralysis and pathology

It's like the fever dream retreat in the Tory party from 1997 on which drove them to the far right, except 100 times worse - at least

Surely there are enough ordinary decent republicans on the centre right who can chart the course back to the middle ground? Someone who would garner votes from Dems and Reps? The Dems were lucky with Biden. He wasn't a really credible candidate but the fact that he wasn't Trump seemed to get him over the line. Policy didn't matter, this election was a straight forward question. Do you want Donald Trump or not? A more credible centre right Rep would have won.
Who are they?

Romney is the only one who showed even a trace of a spine

There is little appetite for a bog standard Republican, that ideology has failed

But the so called "moderate" Republicans (an oxymoron) are actually the ones with the biggest cognitive dissonance, they are in denial about what their own ideology led to - Trump was the inevitable conclusion of it

A candidate like Romney will have a very, very hard time winning a Republican nomination for dog catcher in future, never mind a presidential nomination

The Republican base now are motivated almost entirely by hatred, which will also fail

Ach Sid that's such a pessimistic outlook. Surely there are ordinary decent people who vote Republican who are tolerant and respectful.

If that candidate is available, then I 'd assume, based on the last guy, they won't win...

Id say there is a market there to get a Trump like character to take his place next time.

Look out for a  big social media, twitter , insta, FB person, with a lot of followers to take over from Trump
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Lolz, and stupid cvnts like whitey, who has been curiously silent of late, are still wondering how Trump lost

I guess you could say people have had it with the bullshit of bigots like him

;D ;D ;D

Quote from: whitey on November 24, 2016, 03:44:10 PM
Can you imagine if Trump lost and his supporters started crap like this...usurping democracy, delegitimizing the president elect, Nazi-ism are terms that spring to mind

And the main stream media would be screaming for Trump to immediately and forcefully denounce their actions

And the stupid cvnts are wondering why they lost .....people have had it with their bull$hit

J70

Dominion Voting Systems suing Sidney Powell for more than a billion for slander and libel.

Was wondering when they'd make their move.

TabClear

Quote from: sid waddell on January 08, 2021, 02:58:10 PM
Quote from: five points on January 08, 2021, 02:49:50 PM

;D

And you call me a fascist?
Fascism is allowing criminals control the levers of government and continue to roam the streets

Convicting criminals is democracy

I am pro-democracy and pro-justice

I've read more than enough of your posts to know you are anti-democracy, pro-nihilism and pro-fascism

The point is not  whether Trump, his family and his cronies are criminal or not. In my opinion he was a dangerous, racist, bigotted and more than likely criminal bastard. However,  you dont get to decide that, its up to the proper processes. If you cannot see the irony in posting

, "and lock the lot of the Trump crime family up quicksmart " and "I am pro-democracy and pro-justice"

within minutes of each other then that's a mindset that is hard to debate with.

Gmac

bennydorano

It's intolerant liberalism, a scourge on the world but amplified so dramatically on social media.

blasmere

Quote from: sid waddell on January 08, 2021, 03:58:13 PM
Lolz, and stupid cvnts like whitey, who has been curiously silent of late, are still wondering how Trump lost

;D ;D ;D

Can you imagine if Trump lost and his supporters started crap like this...usurping democracy, delegitimizing the president elect, Nazi-ism are terms that spring to mind

And the main stream media would be screaming for Trump to immediately and forcefully denounce their actions

And the stupid cvnts are wondering why they lost .....people have had it with their bull$hit

I have to say Whitey that whatever you're refered to here is not in the same stratosphere as what happened the other day! This is not about Dems v Reps, it's about an utter fascist running your Godly land!
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

dec

The cry-baby sore loser is not going to the inauguration.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1347569870578266115

@realDonaldTrump
To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.
10:44 AM · Jan 8, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

whitey

;D ;D ;D

I'm quiet because I have a very demanding job and Q1 is the busiest time of the year

I (for the 10000000th time) I am not a Republican

I'm a conservative....(think Mitt Romney/Charlie Baker types) I've explained what that means on numerous occasions if you want to go back and look it up

The Nazis (and some of them were actual Nazis) who invaded the Capital on Wednesday are just bad as the Antifa/BLM types who attempted to burn several cities to the ground last Summer.

They believe the myth of a rigged election in the same way the brain dead supporters of Hillary did 4 years ago after having being fed a bunch of conspiracy theories by their news outlets of choice

You seem to have a real hard time accepting that a wide swath of the American public despises both parties. Just because you despise one doesn't mean you support the other......you  just despise them less

blasmere

Quote from: whitey on January 08, 2021, 04:47:36 PM

;D ;D ;D

I'm quiet because I have a very demanding job and Q1 is the busiest time of the year

I'm a conservative....(think Mitt Romney/Charlie Baker types) I've explained what that means on numerous occasions if you want to go back and look it up

The Nazis (and some of them were actual Nazis) who invaded the Capital on Wednesday are just bad as the Antifa/BLM types who attempted to burn several cities to the ground last Summer.

They believe the myth of a rigged election in the same way the brain dead supporters of Hillary did 4 years ago after having being fed a bunch of conspiracy theories by their news outlets of choice

You seem to have a real hard time accepting that a wide swath of the American public despises both parties. Just because you despise one doesn't mean you support the other......you  just despise them less

This is false equivalence, irrespective of what Hillary's supporters did, it didn't result in an insurrection. This is the bit I don't think you see, what Trump has done to democracy is worse than anything in living memory in the US, there is no comparison. What the Dem's did some other time (or even normal Rep's) isn't relevant whatsoever to what's going on now.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

J70

Quote from: blasmere on January 08, 2021, 04:50:37 PM

;D ;D ;D

This is false equivalence, irrespective of what Hillary's supporters did, it didn't result in an insurrection.

Nor was there any candidate-led mass movement, including half the Democratic party, refusing to accept the results of the election.

It didn't take Obama and Biden ten weeks to publicly announce that there'd be a new administration. Obama invitied Trump to the White House TWO DAYS after the election.

He said the following: "My No. 1 priority in the next two months is to try to facilitate a transition that ensures our President-elect is successful". This about a man who I'm sure Obama utterly loathed, both for the slander and lies Trump had spread about him, and for his poisonous and harmful rhetoric and campaign.

Whitey specializes in false equivalence. There's nothing sinister the GOP or the right can do which has not been equalled or exceeded, in his eyes, by the Dems and the left.

whitey

Quote from: blasmere on January 08, 2021, 04:50:37 PM

;D ;D ;D

This is false equivalence, irrespective of what Hillary's supporters did, it didn't result in an insurrection. This is the bit I don't think you see, what Trump has done to democracy is worse than anything in living memory in the US, there is no comparison. What the Dem's did some other time (or even normal Rep's) isn't relevant whatsoever to what's going on now.

That's you're opinion and you're entitled to it

The Democrats conned their base into believing that the only reason Hillary lost was because of Russian interference. He wasn't even inaugurated and they were plotting on how to remove him and their base went right along with it

Read "Shattered" by Jonathan Allen if you have a chance

This is from page 196.  Allen had unfettered access to people directly working for the campaign

"In other calls with advisers and political surrogates in the days after the election, Hillary declined to take responsibility for her own loss. "She's not being particularly self-reflective," said one longtime ally who was on calls with her shortly after the election. Instead, Hillary kept pointing her finger at Comey and Russia. "She wants to make sure all these narratives get spun the right way," this person said. That strategy had been set within twenty-four hours of her concession speech. Mook and Podesta assembled her communications team at the Brooklyn headquarters to engineer the case that the election wasn't entirely on the up-and-up. For a couple of hours, with Shake Shack containers littering the room, they went over the script they would pitch to the press and the public. Already, Russian hacking was the centerpiece of the argument. In Brooklyn, her team coalesced around the idea that Russian hacking was the major unreported story of the campaign, overshadowed by the contents of stolen e-mails and Hillary's own private-server imbroglio."

sid waddell

Quote from: TabClear on January 08, 2021, 04:09:14 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 08, 2021, 02:58:10 PM
Quote from: five points on January 08, 2021, 02:49:50 PM

;D

And you call me a fascist?
Fascism is allowing criminals control the levers of government and continue to roam the streets

Convicting criminals is democracy

I am pro-democracy and pro-justice

I've read more than enough of your posts to know you are anti-democracy, pro-nihilism and pro-fascism

The point is not  whether Trump, his family and his cronies are criminal or not. In my opinion he was a dangerous, racist, bigotted and more than likely criminal bastard. However,  you dont get to decide that, its up to the proper processes. If you cannot see the irony in posting

, "and lock the lot of the Trump crime family up quicksmart " and "I am pro-democracy and pro-justice"

within minutes of each other then that's a mindset that is hard to debate with.
So you agree that he needs to be dealt with

If he's "more than likely a criminal bastard", the appropriate place for those is in prison

sid waddell

;D ;D ;D

For somebody who has "a very demanding job" you're always able to type out replies very quickly  ;D

You don't have to explain what you are - everybody can see exactly - you're a f**king disgrace and an embarrassment to your county and your country, like Fr. Neil Horan

Read back what you've just written about Nazism

And hang your fascist, racist head in shame