Royal Mail/Post Office Scandel

Started by Hereiam, February 09, 2023, 11:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

This has to be one of the biggest fcuk ups by any organisation in the UK.
What the poor people must have went through being wrongly accused, dragged through the courts and convicted all because of a faulty computer system.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-64575530

Saffrongael

There is a very good podcast on it by a journalist Nick Wallis
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Hereiam

johnnycool

I think i watched a Panorama or similar on this and a few postmasters served time because of Horizon and at least one suicide of a poor old woman who couldn't handle the shame of being found guilty of stealing when she'd done nothing of the sort.

Awful all round.

armaghniac

It was an absolute disgrace.
And while these people will belatedly get justice, as usual nobody will be prosecuted for putting them through this in the full knowledge that the system was dud.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

J70

Jesus Christ. And as usual the technical problems and the corruption in the investigation will go unpunished and the powers that be will not be held to account. 700 people falsely implicated...

clarshack

Will these poor folk be compensated for the ordeal that they have been put through?

Eamonnca1

Christ that's awful. Reminds me of the Hertz car rental scandal here. A faulty computer system incorrectly listed rental cars as stolen. People were renting cars, minding their own business, and getting pulled over by cops, some of them arrested at gunpoint. Horrifying stuff.