If you were giving out All Stars at this stage, who would be shoo ins ?

Started by orangeman, August 11, 2008, 02:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bensars

I know the actual All Star awards are chosen by the committee.

Are the player of the Year awards any different ?  Or am i confusing this with the GPA awards.

orangeman

Irish News Ulster All Stars 2008: Ronan Gallagher (Fermanagh), Shane Goan (Fermanagh), Francie Bellew (Armagh), Justin McMahon (Tyrone), Ryan McMenamin (Tyrone), Ryan McCluskey (Fermanagh), Ciaran McKeever (Armagh), Enda McGinley (Tyrone), Martin McGrath (Fermanagh), Brian Dooher (Tyrone), Sean Cavanagh (Tyrone), Mark Little (Fermanagh), Steven McDonnell (Armagh), Ronan Clarke (Armagh), Thomas Freeman (Monaghan).

No Derry All Star in Ulster this year ? Seems amazing.

Our Nail Loney

Francie Bellew seems a bit off if you ask me... Down can't really complain, McGrath was a shoo in and McGinley has been one of tyrones best players recently...

Doire abú

Thought Eoin Bradley plus one of Enda Muldoon, Niall MCusker and Paddy Bradley would've got one. It is supposed to be for league and championship, but I suppose what's freshest in the minds sticks out for the voters.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Doire abú on September 12, 2008, 12:08:46 PM
Thought Eoin Bradley plus one of Enda Muldoon, Niall MCusker and Paddy Bradley would've got one. It is supposed to be for league and championship, but I suppose what's freshest in the minds sticks out for the voters.
Skinner and Doc probably deserved one, is this final confirmation of just how lowly the league is regarded nowadays?  It's harsh imo as the Kerry team in NFL final won't be far off the team starting in a weeks time and whilst they may not have been taking the field with the same mindset as they would an all ireland quarter final they still wanted to win, derry showed consistency to get there and character to win the game.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Carmen Stateside

Tommy Walsh for Young player of the year
Brian Dooher for player of the year!  This last few games alone he has proved that there is no one better playing the game, and i would be expecting him to produce another monster performance in Croker to take Sam back to Tyrone  :)

time ticking away

I said it on another thread and i'll say it here....... Justin Mc Mahon is the best footballer in Ireland.
Obviously a very big statement to make at 3.00am but I think he has been the player of the year thus far...... ask Dennis Glennon for one
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

blanketattack

Isn't the young player award for players who were 21 or under on 1st January of 2008 thus making Justin McMahon too old?

leenie

Quote from: maggie on September 13, 2008, 02:11:00 PM
SON should get one :D :D :D

::) ::) ::) ::) LMAO    why not add paul galvin to the mix

for sure enda mcginley so impressed with him this yr....

sean cavanagh for player of the yr

elsewhere  redmond barry, mattie ford, tommy freeman
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

leenie

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

orangeman

So it's all over now -

Young player of the year - Probably Tommy Walsh as Justin has got himself an all star at 3

1. Cluxton
2. Mc Menamin
3. Justin Mc Mahon
4 Lynch
5 Harte
6 Gormely
7 Tomas O'Se
8. Mc Ginley
9. Darragh O'Se
10 Dooher
11 Gooch
12 Lyng