Pat Spillane

Started by 20leg-end08, August 03, 2008, 10:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

20leg-end08

What's the general opinion of him? Personally everytime I see him on Sunday game or read him in the Sunday World he seems to be getting smugger and more of a pr**k.
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me

Yes I Would

downgirl

The take they did of him on Apres Match summed him up really.

Agree with everything you said leg-end...can't wait to hear what he has to say about Down and Ulster football in general...

tyronefan

cant watch  the sunday game anymore

pintsofguinness

Quotegetting smugger and more of a pr**k.
Id say that would be the general opinion
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

stiffler

Hes the GAAs Eamon Dunphy, only he actually believes the keek he talks.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Fear ón Srath Bán

Don't think it's fair to slate him here folks, without a right of reply. If we've a problem with him we should address him face-to-face, or not visit him in his pub in Templenoe.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mike Sheehy

Another Pat Spillane thread started by a Nordie..  ::) ::)

If you want to talk about smug presenters/pundits lets first address that obseqious little bollix Brolly. Could he be any more pro-northern ? Did ye here him on the Tyrone-Mayo game saying Tyrone were much better than Mayo...ffs they won by a point in a game that Mayo could have, and should have, won imo. Did ye hear him contrasting the goal attempts by Tyrone and mayo. The Tyrone attempt was a great move altogehter yet Mortimers goal was "lucky"  ..you'd swear it was Tyrone that scored and not Mayo...jesus, what a twat....I cant believe how biased he is and you lads just laugh away at how "funny" he is whilst having coniptions about Pat Spillane...

Yes I Would

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 03, 2008, 11:47:24 PM
Another Pat Spillane thread started by a Nordie..  ::) ::)

If you want to talk about smug presenters/pundits lets first address that obseqious little bollix Brolly. Could he be any more pro-northern ? Did ye here him on the Tyrone-Mayo game saying Tyrone were much better than Mayo...ffs they won by a point in a game that Mayo could have, and should have, won imo. Did ye hear him contrasting the goal attempts by Tyrone and mayo. The Tyrone attempt was a great move altogehter yet Mortimers goal was "lucky"  ..you'd swear it was Tyrone that scored and not Mayo...jesus, what a t**t....I cant believe how biased he is and you lads just laugh away at how "funny" he is whilst having coniptions about Pat Spillane...

Did you not see him tear Down to shreds??

johnpower

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 03, 2008, 10:26:52 PM
Don't think it's fair to slate him here folks, without a right of reply. If we've a problem with him we should address him face-to-face, or not visit him in his pub in Templenoe.

Well said Fear . How many posts have we on this subject ? Contact some politician who maybe able to influence the Management of RTE .

Tatler Jack

QuoteIf you want to talk about smug presenters/pundits lets first address that obseqious little bollix Brolly.

Brolly is not presenting the main GAA programme on a Sunday night - Spillane is. It was an excellent programme when Lyster presented it but since Spillane took over it has gone downhill. He has none of the attrubutes needed to present a programme like this and his smugness and "show me your all ireland medals" does not help. He was an outspoken and occassionally entertaining panellist but that does not necessarily make a good presenter. I thought by now he might have improved a bit but no he has not and he is particualr annoying when it comes to hurling as he seems to have little passion for the sport and limited knowledge.

Brolly's views etc are irrelevant to this debate.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteDid you not see him tear Down to shreds??

He didnt have much choice did he ? they were absolutely terrible.

The point is that he always gives the nothern teams a more favourable review whilst rubbishing the sourthern teams. If ye cant see this ye are blind.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteBrolly's views etc are irrelevant to this debate.

All the things ye accuse Pat Spillane of could equally be applied to Brolly yet you nordies  never start these threads about him do you ? So his views are relevant to the debate. If ye showed some even handedness on the issue then maybe then this debate could get somewhere. And i dont care whether its the presenter or pundits or whatever. If ye're complaint is smugness, patronizing , whatever, the standard has to be applied across the board.

Maguire01

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 04, 2008, 12:22:30 AM
QuoteBrolly's views etc are irrelevant to this debate.

All the things ye accuse Pat Spillane of could equally be applied to Brolly yet you nordies  never start these threads about him do you ? So his views are relevant to the debate. If ye showed some even handedness on the issue then maybe then this debate could get somewhere. And i dont care whether its the presenter or pundits or whatever. If ye're complaint is smugness, patronizing , whatever, the standard has to be applied across the board.
Well you start a thread on Joe Brolly if you want MS, istead of moaning about this one.

rrhf

In the programmes last night they all wore their pyjama tops - must have been a bet. 4 men sitting around talking football in their pyjamas unnerves me.