MAYO v ROSCOMMON - Connacht Football Championship - Quarter-Final

Started by From the Bunker, April 02, 2023, 08:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: clarshack on April 09, 2023, 05:29:46 PM
Should that not have been a black card for Aidan O'Shea possibly even straight red?

Definite black he didn't connect with the head as much as the Rossie pretended so

Itchy

Should that not have been a black card for Aidan O'Shea possibly even straight red?

How the hell did he not get black

twohands!!!

Quote from: Itchy on April 09, 2023, 05:32:10 PM

How the hell did he not get black

Stonewall black for me.

Wildweasel74

Roscommon Midfield won it, they were very good. Mayo didn't take their points when on offer. Hard to know if he favoured Roscommon but he wasn't given Mayo too many frees.

gallsman

This has been crazy football from Mayo the last 10 or 15 mins. Only two points down and running down blind alleys chasing goals. Nobody wanting to take a shot, Conroy most notably.

thewobbler

I was big Aidan and I was getting refereed differently to everyone else on the field, i wouldn't be long lashing out myself

seafoid

Mayo started training before everyone else.
Roscommon are at championship speed today. They have very good backs and very good forwards.

downtothecore

League form means nothing when it comes championship. Roscommon are better

Itchy

Well done Ros. Fully deserved, the left everything on the field. I had a sneaky suspicion Mayo were going to well too soon this year. But they've time to regroup and go again.

Harold Disgracey

Would the fake head injuries be a McHugh tactic? Donegal used to pick up a lot of head injuries during games especially if the opposition were gaining any sort of momentum. The Rosie's thoroughly deserved their win today, tremendous work rate.

Wildweasel74

Mayo key scoring forwards let them down there, had enough possession to win it. There Midfield was also very poor, Roscommon on top the whole game. Short turn around from the league def a issue, min, 2 week break required.

seafoid

Quote from: downtothecore on April 09, 2023, 05:37:13 PM
7 days recovery from the League Final is still a joke

Chimley

Quote from: downtothecore on April 09, 2023, 05:37:13 PM

They were certainly better today. I'd be holding off on the post mortem for Mayo just yet though.

SouthDublinBro

Wildweasel74