Best Armagh Player over the last decade?

Started by High Catch, November 22, 2006, 04:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best Armagh Player over the last decade?

D Marsden
17 (19.5%)
O Mc Conville
12 (13.8%)
S Mc Donnell
5 (5.7%)
Geezer
33 (37.9%)
P Mc Grane
12 (13.8%)
F Bellew
8 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 80

High Catch

What yous think? I probably left some very obvious candidates out.

el_cuervo_fc

I think Mcgeeney would be the obvious choice of player who Lifted the team most and was the most consistent.  McGrane would run a close second

umgolaarmagh

McConville - lost count of the  number times he has hit big winners down through the years

Over the Bar

Marsden hasn't been playing for Armagh for a third of a decade however I'd place him well above the others in terms of ability.  Depends on your definition of best.

High Catch

I suppose 'Best' is the player you would miss the most if not available for a match. 

blasmere

botman

Keep them at it.

TORGAEL

Oisin McConville .he's been the bane of many's a team.

SandyHill

Geezer has been the heart of the Armagh Team for at least 8 years!

Rufus T Firefly

Voted for Geezer with Paul McGrane I would suggest closest. Oisin was immense up to 2003 whilst Stevie has been immense since 2002.  To my mind, they are the only four that could be considered for such an accolade.

lynchbhoy

SouthArmaghBandit

bennydorano

Have to be McGrane for me, dont want to go revisionist on McGeeney, but MCGrane has always been 'the man' imo.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 22, 2006, 10:49:22 PM
Mark Grimley

Taking the piss or serious lynchboy?

maddog

For me its McGeeney with McGrane a very close second. Both are the driving force behind that side.
Oisin had been a match winner many a day for us and if we are asked this question in 4 years time i'd say we will be saying either Stevie or Clarke if he keeps going in the form he was in this year.