Tyrone v Dublin for a place in the aisf. Omagh

Started by rrhf, July 15, 2018, 09:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: Jinxy on July 22, 2018, 10:34:44 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 22, 2018, 01:39:18 PM
I'm touched by the innocence of some hereon, who think that Sky is some manner of benevolent organisation, loath to dictate the terms of their corporate munificence. Bless.

I heard Rupert Murdoch personally got onto the county board.
Quote from: rrhf on July 23, 2018, 06:11:17 AM
It was Murdock who got onto the Co board.

Quote from: stephenite on July 23, 2018, 07:34:28 AM
Rupert Murdoch got onto the county board

WTF?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 23, 2018, 09:23:16 AM
Very enjoyable reading this thread, it makes the victory so so much sweeter. Some of the comments are hiliarous and very funny how some people are so roiled up the greatest team to have played the game The Dubs.

Fair play to the real Tyrone fans in Omagh, good craic with them all day and night. A warm welcome and good people, pleasant and polite, not like the so called Gaels on this site, and also there was not a fight on a train in sight.

Whatever about the side lines being reduced, no nets behind the goals? Very dangerous during the warm ups with over 30 balls flying around at one end. A strong response from the GAA is needed here for safety reasons.

Dublin defence was the winning of the game, the forwards always get the credit but the defence was excellent, Cooper been consistently one of the best defenders in the country, you Murchan who looks like he's getting younger had a great game.

Ref had a great game and let a lot go. Let it flow.

Omagh has never had any nets behind the goals. I dont think there is any in clones either?

The only reason they have them in croke park is to stop the dubs on the hill nicking the footballs  ;)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

APM

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 23, 2018, 09:47:27 AM
Very enjoyable reading this thread, it makes the victory so so much sweeter. Some of the comments are hiliarous and very funny how some people are so roiled up the greatest team to have played the game The Dubs.

Fair play to the real Tyrone fans in Omagh, good craic with them all day and night. A warm welcome and good people, pleasant and polite, not like the so called Gaels on this site, and also there was not a fight on a train in sight.

Whatever about the side lines being reduced, no nets behind the goals? Very dangerous during the warm ups with over 30 balls flying around at one end. A strong response from the GAA is needed here for safety reasons.

Dublin defence was the winning of the game, the forwards always get the credit but the defence was excellent, Cooper been consistently one of the best defenders in the country, you Murchan who looks like he's getting younger had a great game.

Omagh has never had any nets behind the goals. I dont think there is any in clones either?

The only reason they have them in croke park is to stop the dubs on the hill nicking the footballs  ;)

Bolllocks, theGreatest has a point! I remember a child getting an arm broken during an Armagh warm up in Clones several years ago due to no ball stoppers!!

TheGreatest

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 23, 2018, 09:47:27 AM

Really, strange that, however would be good to remove the Mayo coloured nets in Castlebar.

I think there was a few nicked on Saturday.

trailer

A couple of observations from the game at the weekend.
The Dubs need to be on the road a lot more. Their fans clearly enjoy it, and they create an atmosphere in the ground that is second to none.

Dublin play right on the edge. Tyrone just weren't dirty enough for them. They need to harden up.

MKcKernan and Burns are two quality ballers. Bradley caused problems when he was introduced.

R O'Neill - Jesus wept. That free was crucial and it popped our balloon, whether we would have got the equaliser who knows. But Cluxton was struggling to find a man at that stage, but he missed that free and it just took the wind out of our sails. 

Cathal McShane - He's too lazy. Always looking the easy ball over the top when he can't win it.

Ciaran Kilkenny ain't all that.

Philly McMahon is the complete GAA athlete.

Tyrone are closer but not quite there.

lenny

Quote from: APM on July 23, 2018, 09:24:08 AM
Tyrone can do what they like and I can see why the pitch would have been narrowed for the Dublin game.  But suggesting that Sky asked for it!  That sounded suspect when it was first said and it figures that Sky have denied it, because there are enough people pissed off with Sky as it is, without them asking grounds to change the dimensions of the pitch.

I wouldn't share any of the optimism tyrone people seem to have picked up from this game. By narrowing the pitch significantly harte has more or less told his team that they can't compete with dublin on a big pitch like croke park. It was absolutely essential in the circumstances for tyrone to get a result. For dublin to win relatively comfortably is devastating for tyrone and I think they'll now really struggle v donegal.

oakleafgael

:-X
Quote from: lenny on July 23, 2018, 10:01:23 AM
Tyrone can do what they like and I can see why the pitch would have been narrowed for the Dublin game.  But suggesting that Sky asked for it!  That sounded suspect when it was first said and it figures that Sky have denied it, because there are enough people pissed off with Sky as it is, without them asking grounds to change the dimensions of the pitch.

I wouldn't share any of the optimism tyrone people seem to have picked up from this game. By narrowing the pitch significantly harte has more or less told his team that they can't compete with dublin on a big pitch like croke park. It was absolutely essential in the circumstances for tyrone to get a result. For dublin to win relatively comfortably is devastating for tyrone and I think they'll now really struggle v donegal.

Whatever about who asked for the pitch to be narrowed, it was not narrowed significantly. At the very most it was narrowed 3m in total. It was a great game and occasion on Saturday night.

lenny

Quote from: oakleafgael on July 23, 2018, 10:05:46 AM

Whatever about who asked for the pitch to be narrowed, it was not narrowed significantly. At the very most it was narrowed 3m in total. It was a great game and occasion on Saturday night.

I had heard 4m each side which would be very significant. If you're right that's much less significant but it's still damaging to the players to be told "we're going to narrow the pitch to give us a chance here".

BennyHarp

I assume you turned off with 10 mins to go? As Thomas O'Se said last night. Teams just can't go hammer and tongs with Dublin for 70 mins, the key is to stay with them for 55 to 60 mins and go flat out to be in front when the whistle blows. Bar a few things that didn't go our way we may well have got something out of the game. Of course Tyrone can't compete with Dublin's resources, nobody can - there's no embarrassment in admitting that,  of course there's going to be times when Dublin control the game but it doesn't mean that you can't beat them. The defeatest attitude of lads from county's like yours Lenny speaks volumes.
That was never a square ball!!

trailer

Quote from: oakleafgael on July 23, 2018, 10:05:46 AM

I've played in Omagh and was at the game on Saturday night. To be honest I didn't think the pitch had been narrowed at all. If it was, it was only minimal and wouldn't have made a great deal of difference. Interestingly a lot of Tyrone's attack came down the sidelines, like right out on edge. To me they would have benefited from a larger pitch.

yellowcard

So Mickey Harte has blamed Sky and Sky have said they have nothing to do with it.

Maybe the groundsman just got his measuremrents mixed up.

Hound

Quote from: yellowcard on July 23, 2018, 10:37:18 AM
So Mickey Harte has blamed Sky and Sky have said they have nothing to do with it.

Maybe the groundsman just got his measuremrents mixed up.
Mickey said that the Omagh club told him that Sky want it narrowed. Maybe they told him a whopper?

Anyway, big deal about nothing. So long as it's within the permitted parameters they should do what they like.
There didn't seem to be that much green space outside the lines anyway. 

omagh_gael

That pitch was my home pitch and I've been there for many, many games. The pitch was not narrowed much at all. 

lenny

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 23, 2018, 10:23:00 AM

I assume you turned off with 10 mins to go? As Thomas O'Se said last night. Teams just can't go hammer and tongs with Dublin for 70 mins, the key is to stay with them for 55 to 60 mins and go flat out to be in front when the whistle blows. Bar a few things that didn't go our way we may well have got something out of the game. Of course Tyrone can't compete with Dublin's resources, nobody can - there's no embarrassment in admitting that,  of course there's going to be times when Dublin control the game but it doesn't mean that you can't beat them. The defeatest attitude of lads from county's like yours Lenny speaks volumes.

It's you who used the words "defeatist attitude ". Would harte have narrowed the pitch if tyrone had the players from their golden generation? There's not a hope in hell he would've. In other words he did it because he didn't want a repeat of last years demolition. It doesn't inspire confidence though if the teams play again in croke park.

redhandefender

Lads, who really cares about he pitch. If it happened it happened and its within the rules. Don't take away from a great evening in Omagh.

Have to repeat the sentiments that the Dubs fans were great and it was wonderful for the town.Really good atmosphere before, during and after, the craic was great and hope they enjoyed it too!

Seen brolly writing an wrticle saying he crowd was silent and the atmosphere only picked up last few minutes. That's complete tripe from him again. Thought the atmosphere was great throughout and the re-located Hill 16 helped make it that way.

Think our lads will have got confidence from that and fancy us to do the unthinkable in Ballybofey!