Kildare vs Monaghan GAAFAISCQFGS G1P1 Sunday July 15 2PM

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, July 09, 2018, 09:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

It was a good tight game with some excellent scores. Conditions weren't great so was never going to be free flowing.

Dinny Breen

It was a far better game for the conditions than the muck that followed. Can see Monaghan beating Kerry who struggled for long periods today.

#newbridgeornowhere

Captain Scarlet

Karl O'Connell was class today and his raids really fecked up Kildare.
No complaints as there were so many brain farts for Kildare.
Too many lads failed to show up, but Monaghan stopped a lot of them. P Cribbin never got into it and then Brophy had a nightmare.
Feely isn't 100% and he was struggling far too early to be fully fit.

Annoying how Kildare didn't hit D Flynn more often...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

J70

Why did they not toss for home colors?

Those two strips were far too alike.

rodney trotter

The Leinster final wasn't much better with Dublin and Laois.

Dinny Breen

4 wins out of our last 16 visits to Croke Park and none since 2016.
#newbridgeornowhere

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on July 15, 2018, 07:19:43 PM
Too many lads failed to show up, but Monaghan stopped a lot of them. P Cribbin never got into it and then Brophy had a nightmare.

Karl O'Connell was regularly left as a free man, how and why is mind boggling. Many aspects of the Kildare performance was reminiscent of the Carlow game. Overplaying the ball into traffic, reluctance to take on shooting opportunities and lack of any attempt at stopping Monaghan carrying the ball into shooting areas. Monaghan were far more aggressive all over the pitch and were fairly filthy off the ball which they do well, I will enjoy it whenever Kildare get their act together and actually beat them at some stage. I didn't stay for the second game.

On another note the traffic up for the game was very bad, why I don't know.

straightred

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on July 15, 2018, 10:11:25 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on July 15, 2018, 07:19:43 PM

Karl O'Connell was regularly left as a free man, how and why is mind boggling. Many aspects of the Kildare performance was reminiscent of the Carlow game. Overplaying the ball into traffic, reluctance to take on shooting opportunities and lack of any attempt at stopping Monaghan carrying the ball into shooting areas. Monaghan were far more aggressive all over the pitch and were fairly filthy off the ball which they do well, I will enjoy it whenever Kildare get their act together and actually beat them at some stage. I didn't stay for the second game.

On another note the traffic up for the game was very bad, why I don't know.
Thought monaghan were 4 or 5 points better but made hard work of it. They'll give up goals which will ultimately be their downfall. I thought the game was poor enough until i then saw the 2nd game which was a lot worse. Kildare can beat Galway in Newbridge if they keep their heads and monaghan kerry in clones should be a cracking game. This group is well set up.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Kildare will need to improve a lot to compete with Galway and pray for no more rain. I agree Monaghan should have won by more, if they were a bit more accurate in the 3rd quarter they would have.

SouthDublinBro

Monaghan were far more aggressive all over the pitch and were fairly filthy off the ball which they do well

Be careful, the Monaghan boys here don't take criticism of their brave boys well.

straightred

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on July 15, 2018, 10:56:55 PM
Monaghan were far more aggressive all over the pitch and were fairly filthy off the ball which they do well

Be careful, the Monaghan boys here don't take criticism of their brave boys well.

Oh give over - some young one (with obvious good taste) rejected you years ago and you still haven't got over it. There was only one incident of note and it happened right in front of me - clearly accidental clash and thankfully both recovered to play on.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on July 15, 2018, 10:56:55 PM

I think you'll find that most supporters will defend their counties, blindly or not. Now, as you were told before, go away and troll elsewhere: www.IQlessthaneight.com/forum springs to mind.

GrandMasterFlash

A gritty performance by both teams. I thought Kildare were niaive and carried far too much ball into contact, which attributed to the physical nature of the game and the amount of turnovers. The Kildare lads were standing up too and are physically well able for it as far as I can seen. It therefore surprises me to hear the amount of criticism of Monaghan's tactics. Believe me, Monaghan are not the dirtiest of teams, and they're not nearly as physical as they used to be in the Banty era. Eoin Duffy's trip was silly and I'd say he realizes that this morning. I wish Kildare success and have enjoyed their 'uprising' this year but you need to learn that this is division 1 knockout football, complaining about teams being dirty each etc. will become onerous..

Dinny Breen

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on July 16, 2018, 10:41:24 AM
A gritty performance by both teams. I thought Kildare were niaive and carried far too much ball into contact, which attributed to the physical nature of the game and the amount of turnovers. The Kildare lads were standing up too and are physically well able for it as far as I can seen. It therefore surprises me to hear the amount of criticism of Monaghan's tactics. Believe me, Monaghan are not the dirtiest of teams, and they're not nearly as physical as they used to be in the Banty era. Eoin Duffy's trip was silly and I'd say he realizes that this morning. I wish Kildare success and have enjoyed their 'uprising' this year but you need to learn that this is division 1 knockout football, complaining about teams being dirty each etc. will become onerous..

I agree, Kerry were the filthiest team yesterday of the 4 teams.
#newbridgeornowhere

Main Street

In some mitigation for the naughty  Owen Duffy, he had just been battered in the tackle by 2 players before being disspossed.
I can't figure out the rational each ref used in the 4 games over the weekend,  to distinguish between a legal  tackle on a  player in possession being pummelled by 2 or 3 players and an illegal  tackle on a player in possession being pummelled by 2 or 3 players.