Kildare vs Monaghan GAAFAISCQFGS G1P1 Sunday July 15 2PM

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, July 09, 2018, 09:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

I suppose that's it, the rational each ref used.. The implementation of the rules is extremely subjective, in most sports. Some refs are less formal and are looser in their interpretation, which I don't mind at all. Consistency, as you say, is lacking. In saying all that however an intercom to team should be able to work it out within the first 10/15 mins and adapt accordingly.

Unlaoised

The Jerseys were a disaster!...Even on the radio they were giving out!
LAOIS ABÚ

Main Street

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on July 16, 2018, 03:02:30 PM
I suppose that's it, the rational each ref used.. The implementation of the rules is extremely subjective, in most sports. Some refs are less formal and are looser in their interpretation, which I don't mind at all. Consistency, as you say, is lacking. In saying all that however an intercom to team should be able to work it out within the first 10/15 mins and adapt accordingly.
i am more referring to the inconsistency within each ref's own interpretation of the swarm tackle, for instance the ref would penalise the Rossies then allow the Tyrone swarm, to my viewing both sides' swarm tackles were fouls.
In our game the ref swung both ways with erratic decisions,  fortunately (brave enough) to swing our way  near the end when the game was still in the balance :)

Ohtoohtobe

Have to say I didn't think Monaghan were particularly dirty. They were horrible to play against, all right, but that's not the same as dirty. It's the last eight of the competition, if you can't handle good tackling and verbals, you're not going to last long.

Hound

It came down to the last five minutes, or less. Kildare were more than capable of getting at least a draw, but Monaghan kicked a couple of great pressure scores, while Kildare made a few mistakes. Of all the 8 teams from the first round of games, I think Kildare will have learnt most.