Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

The game will go ahead in Croke Park.

You can't be telling the CCCC where you will and won't play the game.
Conleth's park needs millions spent on it. Kildare get get support from the GAA to sort this and move on.

If they get beaten in Croke park at least they can blame someone.

Cavan and Tyrone very silent on the matter.

Jinxy

No solidarity from Tyrone.
Shameful.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

From the Bunker

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 26, 2018, 02:02:12 PM
Quote from: Taylor on June 26, 2018, 01:39:20 PM
100 pages before tomorrow?

Quickest thread to 100 pages ever!

Isn't it great there's so much interest in a round 3 qualifier. And people say the championship is losing followers 😁😁😁

The problem is that we are talking about something off the field of play. We want to be talking more about what is happening on the field of play!

This only shows how far we have fallen that the only interest is in a falling out about a venue!

JoG2

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on June 26, 2018, 02:00:45 PM
They've comprehensively lost the PR battle, the bullshit talk of possible "animosity" between the fans outside Newbridge is - for me personally - so, so disappointing to hear, I'm disgusted with them to be very honest. That is not my experience of 99% of GAA fans.

This Ned Quinn fella has come out with the most ridiculous statement re the GAA and fans I've ever read and him a chairman at the highest levels in Croke Park, the mind boggles. Not only is it a complete and utter PR disaster re this issue, but outsiders reading this absolute waffle may even believe this clown, crazy crazy stuff....indeed a PR disaster of epic proportions

Rossfan

Syf I'll only go on Shannonside or nowhere!!
Mid fkn west indeed.......humpf.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fuzzman

I believe Leitrim and Monaghan have offered to play at Croker instead so Sky still get their double header at the one venue.

Tyrone lost home advantage in 2001 and 2002 to Armagh who went on to win Sam.
Can we ask for a reply of that one now too?

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 26, 2018, 02:21:36 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 26, 2018, 01:50:18 PM
Quote from: spuds on June 26, 2018, 01:43:25 PM
Quote from: galwayman on June 26, 2018, 01:18:29 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 26, 2018, 01:13:28 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 12:22:35 PM
Mayo happy to play 'wherever we're told to go'
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0626/973307-mayo-happy-to-play-wherever-were-told-to-go/

Watery enough but probably wise not to add fuel to the fire.

More sense than Willie Joe has thankfully.

http://mayogaablog.com/?p=23327
The guy that runs that blog is absolutely insufferable. Thankfully the Mayo posters on here are more sensible than that gombeen.
He has his moments alright but his platform is based on being a super duper Mayo fan. If you read his posts then you are likely looking to be offended, I avoid mostly but hear him on the Mayo News podcast who have some good people on board. Read some Facebook comments by Galway fans (mostly avoidable), cringe at the 3 billboards outside Manulla (unavoidable), etc and make your choices.

Have no issue with game being played in Newbridge, better atmosphere and craic to be had. Major disadvantages for me is the poor viewing with a crowd present along with so many people who will miss out with the limited capacity but that's not reason enough to go to Croke park.

What happens now if game reverts to Newbridge to those Ticketmaster tickets if place is over subscribed?

Mayo news podcast is a really good listen, one of the better podcasts around; Thankfully WJ doesn't have a huge input it when I've listened. He has a very high opinion of himself.

Rob Murphy seems to be the main man behind that podcast.

Rob Murphy is a sound lad, knew him well back during my time in Ballinrobe CS. The Mayo News podcast is very well produced and a great resource for Mayo fans pre and post matches. I'm a Galway man but I regularly listen to it myself.
That said it was better before Gunnigan got involved as a contributor, I'm not a fan of him or some of the nonsense he comes out with.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 02:32:03 PM
Shameful.
Mickey took one look at the referendum result in Kildare and that was that.

Jinxy

The game will go ahead in Newbridge, lads.
Trust me.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

longballin

Shameful.

Tyrone are cap in hand with SKY TV. They won't want to make waves. Sad but true.

easytiger95

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 26, 2018, 02:34:15 PM
I believe Leitrim and Monaghan have offered to play at Croker instead so Sky still get their double header at the one venue.

It is not being driven by Sky.

trueblue1234

Quote from: longballin on June 26, 2018, 02:39:21 PM
Shameful.

Tyrone are cap in hand with SKY TV. They won't want to make waves. Sad but true.

Lol you're a broken record at this stage.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

JoG2

Quote from: easytiger95 on June 26, 2018, 02:40:47 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on June 26, 2018, 02:34:15 PM

It is not being driven by Sky.

maybe not, but now as a major stakeholder in our amateur association, they'll be having their say / input

longballin

Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 26, 2018, 02:44:36 PM
Quote from: longballin on June 26, 2018, 02:39:21 PM
Shameful.

Lol you're a broken record at this stage.

The truth will set you free when the penny drops. Sad it needs repeated.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 26, 2018, 02:21:36 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 26, 2018, 01:50:18 PM
Quote from: spuds on June 26, 2018, 01:43:25 PM
Quote from: galwayman on June 26, 2018, 01:18:29 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 26, 2018, 01:13:28 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 12:22:35 PM
Mayo happy to play 'wherever we're told to go'
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0626/973307-mayo-happy-to-play-wherever-were-told-to-go/

Watery enough but probably wise not to add fuel to the fire.

More sense than Willie Joe has thankfully.

http://mayogaablog.com/?p=23327
The guy that runs that blog is absolutely insufferable. Thankfully the Mayo posters on here are more sensible than that gombeen.
He has his moments alright but his platform is based on being a super duper Mayo fan. If you read his posts then you are likely looking to be offended, I avoid mostly but hear him on the Mayo News podcast who have some good people on board. Read some Facebook comments by Galway fans (mostly avoidable), cringe at the 3 billboards outside Manulla (unavoidable), etc and make your choices.

Have no issue with game being played in Newbridge, better atmosphere and craic to be had. Major disadvantages for me is the poor viewing with a crowd present along with so many people who will miss out with the limited capacity but that's not reason enough to go to Croke park.

What happens now if game reverts to Newbridge to those Ticketmaster tickets if place is over subscribed?

Mayo news podcast is a really good listen, one of the better podcasts around; Thankfully WJ doesn't have a huge input it when I've listened. He has a very high opinion of himself.

Rob Murphy seems to be the main man behind that podcast.

Rob use to run a great grassroots rugby website knockon.ie I was a contributor to his podcasts, won funding from the Irish Times in a startup comp but it just couldn't work as a subscription model. Good guy.
#newbridgeornowhere