I think the game is dying in front of us - Manus Boyle

Started by sligoman2, October 19, 2017, 01:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Most Mayo games in championship 2017 were entertaining.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

1-08 to 0-08 should never be the expectation in a game that isn't Ulsterball.

AZOffaly

To be fair there were quite a few bad wides.  Could easily have been 3-12 to 1-11 or that way.

inthrough

Quote from: Syferus on October 31, 2017, 05:00:27 PM

My God Syferus you are a funny man!!  Ulsterball!!  Fantastic!!

mrhardyannual

Quote from: inthrough on October 31, 2017, 05:33:34 PM
Quote from: Syferus on October 31, 2017, 05:00:27 PM

My God Syferus you are a funny man!!  Ulsterball!!  Fantastic!!
Any trawl through the records of Dublin finals will show that this is not an outlying score. Scores in both club and county games have increased noticeably in recent years despite, or perhaps due to, blanket and zonal defences.

MayoBuck

Quote from: dublin7 on October 31, 2017, 11:43:27 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on October 30, 2017, 08:55:29 PM
St Vincents 1-8 Ballymun 0-8 in the Dublin senior final tonight. The main talking point was the St Vincents blanket defence that i think only allowed 13 shots on their goal. Ballymun manager complained after that game that they weren't allowed to play and that Vincents did what they had to do.

Poor game in front of a huge crowd. The long season caught up with dub players on the ballymun team, they looked wrecked.

One benefit for Connolly's 3 months off during the summer is he is fresh at this time of the season and he ran the show last night

You can hardly use tiredness as the excuse for Ballymun. They've had 2 weeks between each of their games since Dublin played the AI final. Ironically Connolly has been playing every week when you include hurling!

Captain Obvious

Only got to see the 2nd half of that Dublin final last night. I thought after low scoring 1st half things would only improve instead i got to see a half that finished 0-4 each. Ballymun had a good goal chance when they clipped the bar if that had went in it might have been a better and more interesting half of football. Vincents in fairness to them used all of their experience to close out the game but it was mostly a half of poor shooting and passing and Connolly was the biggest culprit for kicking wides and the normally accurate Dean Rock was poor on frees.