Mullaghbrack GFC Versus The GAA.

Started by stew, September 30, 2017, 02:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Ladies gaa are their own organisation. They seem to have no pitches today least very few of their own. The sensible thing would be for them to come into the official gaa. Until they do that how can they have any legal rights to any gaa pitch?

bennydorano

Is there even a Mullaghbrack women's team? They were Lissabrack a few years back - an amalgamation between Lissummon & Mullaghbrack.

Are all pitches (that are not council owned) not held in trust by clubs but the 'GAA' are the owners?

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Rossfan on October 01, 2017, 10:45:20 AM
Must you start off your day calling other posters abusive names.
Whatever issues you have that cause you to continue to post in an aggressive manner need attention.
In fairness you are a complete tool
Careful now

Orior

Quote from: T Fearon on September 30, 2017, 05:16:24 PM
Surely if the GAA owns it,it would be better than anyone else.There were far too many rural clubs in a radius of seven miles to be sustainable,Mullabrack,Clady,Lisummon,and Poyntzpass O'Hanlons

This year Poyntzpass struggled to field 15 players on several occasions. For those that want to play, I could envisage an exodus to Lissummon, Glen or Aghaderg.

My understanding was that the GAA family comprised football, hurling, camogie and handball. Has ladies football been formally adopted?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

That's a shame,considering the great strides in the improved facilities at O'Hanlons.But sadly there is too many clubs in this rural cluster

johnneycool

Quote from: Orior on October 01, 2017, 10:47:15 PM
Surely if the GAA owns it,it would be better than anyone else.There were far too many rural clubs in a radius of seven miles to be sustainable,Mullabrack,Clady,Lisummon,and Poyntzpass O'Hanlons

This year Poyntzpass struggled to field 15 players on several occasions. For those that want to play, I could envisage an exodus to Lissummon, Glen or Aghaderg.

My understanding was that the GAA family comprised football, hurling, camogie and handball. Has ladies football been formally adopted?

No and neither has camogie officially.

Quote from: bennydorano on October 01, 2017, 05:46:24 PM

Are all pitches (that are not council owned) not held in trust by clubs but the 'GAA' are the owners?

That is my understanding of how affiliation into the GAA works as well. The deeds are meant to reside with the GAA, whether that be at county board level or provincial level I don't know, but I do know that most clubs trustee's includes the county secretary and the provincial secretary as well as whatever local club members.
Nothing can happen of any significance in terms of grants/developments/loans without their buy in.

AZOffaly

Camogie and Ladies Football are Gaelic Games, but not Gaelic Athletic Association games.

stew

Quote from: Orior on October 01, 2017, 10:47:15 PM

Lissummon should be the only option then, Down league???? Never.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

general_lee

Time for clubs in Armagh to amalgamate

Orior

Random piece of History #1

It is reputed that Redmond O'Hanlon worked as a foot-boy for Sir George Acheson, the owner of Gosford Castle beside Markethill in the mid-sixteenth century.

Random piece of History #2

When I visited Gosford Castle earlier this year I met Oisin McConville, who was going for a jog around it.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Eamonnca1

Last time I looked at the GAA Official Guide it said that when a club folds any of its assets  become property of the county board. Which makes sense since you can't really just let large sums of money (or property) disappear into someone's pocket after so much community effort was made raising the funds and building the facilities. In this case the Armagh GAA board could take ownership of the ground, but if the ladies club is still getting use of it then the LGFA's Armagh county board might want to help them take it over for a small nominal fee.

In an ideal world the LGFA and Camogie Association would be part of the GAA, but in the meantime this strikes me as a solvable problem if all parties would get around a table and sort it out.

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 02, 2017, 11:24:07 PM
Last time I looked at the GAA Official Guide it said that when a club folds any of its assets  become property of the county board. Which makes sense since you can't really just let large sums of money (or property) disappear into someone's pocket after so much community effort was made raising the funds and building the facilities. In this case the Armagh GAA board could take ownership of the ground, but if the ladies club is still getting use of it then the LGFA's Armagh county board might want to help them take it over for a small nominal fee.

In an ideal world the LGFA and Camogie Association would be part of the GAA, but in the meantime this strikes me as a solvable problem if all parties would get around a table and sort it out.

I hope so Eamon, thanks for the clarification.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

naka

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 02, 2017, 11:24:07 PM

All gaa land is held  by trustees under a deed of trust
There should be 5 trustees( including one from county board and one from provincial council)
The deed of trust sets out clearly the rules for holding the land and in the standard gaa rules there is a section which deals with the assets of a. Luv when it is wound up.
Putting it simply the assets are owned by the GAA.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 02, 2017, 10:00:10 AM
Camogie and Ladies Football are Gaelic Games, but not Gaelic Athletic Association games.

Correct and it's absolutely ridiculous. Both should be fasttracked into the GAA as should the Masters organisations (is there Masters hurling?). We hear about golf clubs that don't allow female members - the GAA has no outlet for female players. It's nuts.

AZOffaly

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 03, 2017, 02:24:34 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 02, 2017, 10:00:10 AM

Correct and it's absolutely ridiculous. Both should be fasttracked into the GAA as should the Masters organisations (is there Masters hurling?). We hear about golf clubs that don't allow female members - the GAA has no outlet for female players. It's nuts.

To be fair, I think it's the women's associations themselves that don't want to be in the GAA. I think Camogie came closest a while ago, but they want autonomy over their fixtures, sponsorships etc.