Camogie Final

Started by Captain Scarlet, September 05, 2017, 07:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Scarlet

I know there is a hurling forum but this is more of an observation. This year the Camogie final seems to be getting lost in terms of exposure or build-up.
Being nestled between the hurling and men's football meant it always had only a small window but this year Galway v Waterford were a new pairing and either winner's celebrations would eat a lot more into their build-up.
Then Mayo v Dublin are going head to head in both football finals. Cora Staunton helped topple the best ladies team ever in Cork plus the Dubs actually have a film crew with them all year and are very media savvy.
It just struck me, as I said, that the Camogie seems utterly lost this year.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

johnneycool

Same two teams in it as last year, Cork and Kilkenny. No novelty factor, but will be well enough attended by both counties as there's nothing between them, Kilkenny slight favourites.

Camogs also have their intermediate and junior finals on before the senior and that brings in four more counties usually.

magpie seanie

I must admit I had to look it up on Monday to remind myself who was in it. I'm sure after some of the words exchanged after last years match that this will be spicy. Cork will be gunning for revenge.

AZOffaly

Remember the Cork ones going up the pre-match handshake bumping the Kilkenny girls? I'd say they enjoyed reminding them about that.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 07, 2017, 08:38:15 AM
Remember the Cork ones going up the pre-match handshake bumping the Kilkenny girls? I'd say they enjoyed reminding them about that.
The sort of nonsense that bringing in that handshake lineup thing had the potential to bring about, another genius idea copied from soccer from the suits in HQ.

Captain Scarlet

It totally backfired from a Cork point of view in fairness.
But as I said it just seems to have been really swallowed up more than usual this year.
I dont remember hearing much about tge semis either so no clue in terms of form.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.