AIB Jeff and Kammy road to Croker

Started by mrdeeds, September 05, 2017, 04:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Liam Mc lifted Sam before the match just to ensure Mayo would lose. He's really taken to his role in Roscommon.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

magpie seanie

laoislad

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 25, 2017, 06:19:56 PM
The final episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrQCvw1a-kU
Maybe it is all scripted I dunno, but I think they were genuinely in awe of the whole occasion and the match itself especially Stelling.
I thought it was a great little series and well worth a watch.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Carmen Stateside

Really enjoyed that.  Big Dick done some jumping when Mayo scored :D

BennyCake

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 25, 2017, 10:52:38 PM
Really enjoyed that.  Big Dick done some jumping when Mayo scored :D

No need for such graphic descriptions.

Itchy

Easy to be cynical but I thought it was enjoyable to watch, the two boys are likeable fellas and i think their admiration was genuine.

Syferus

The Ireland AM interview the day after the final is probably better than any of the episodes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8hNwnEAG98

(Definitely wait 'til the end for a zinger)

The show itself had good content but the episodes were way too short to let you settle into their journey. It would have been better had it half the amount of episodes and twice as long, or extended episodes in general.

T Fearon

Enjoyable but not sure what the purpose was? No doubt the same two lads would find American Football enthralling, shinty in Scotland or bull fighting in Spain,and come out with the same platitudes anywhere and everywhere,in return for the fat fees AIB were paying them.In short what was the point of all this?

From the Bunker

Quote from: T Fearon on September 25, 2017, 11:10:39 PM
Enjoyable but not sure what the purpose was? No doubt the same two lads would find American Football enthralling, shinty in Scotland or bull fighting in Spain,and come out with the same platitudes anywhere and everywhere,in return for the fat fees AIB were paying them.In short what was the point of all this?

It's subliminal advertising for AIB and plámásing of the GAA public.

It's scripted reality TV. It's no real harm! It has the usual plámásing you get when some one does a documentary looking from the outside. Reminds me a bit of 'The Toughest Trade' Programme.

The usual praising of how great our Sport is. How we have great facilities. How we have great volunteers. How we have great players. How we do this and that for nothing! The GAA community love this, because it shines a light on us and we all think we are great (no harm at all). Players ability is exaggerated, we willingly buy into it and we can look down are noses at Professional sports thinking we are as good as them if not better.

seafoid

The GAA is one of the few Irish institutions with any staying power
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on September 26, 2017, 03:39:03 PM
The GAA is one of the few Irish institutions with any staying power

In comparison to?