All Ireland Football Final 2017 Mayo V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, August 27, 2017, 07:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

So the final everyone wants to see Mayo V Tyrone is still on the cards. Mayo must feel invincible at this stage. Imagine they were nearly beat by Derry!!!

RedHand88

Teams that gave mayo a game this year. Galway, Derry, Clare, Roscommon. Itll be some story if they win it.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 27, 2017, 07:36:06 AM
Teams that gave mayo a game this year. Galway, Derry, Clare, Roscommon. Itll be some story if they win it.
Clare only for one half. Replace them with Cork.

imtommygunn

Seeing as kerry took them to a replay they surely gave them a game too...

ballinaman

Cunny Funt

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 27, 2017, 08:23:14 AM
I think his point was to name teams that gave Mayo a game when few thought they would.

ballinaman

Mayo adjust playing levels accordingly to whatever team they play it's seems. More entertaining anyway.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 27, 2017, 09:15:26 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 27, 2017, 08:23:14 AM
I think his point was to name teams that gave Mayo a game when few thought they would.

Yeah. I didn't read the thread properly :-[

Hard to know what to expect now. As per most of the rest of the country i would love to see mayo win it. Think loftus should start for doc in the final.

DUBSFORSAM1

Will be an interesting final now....Are mayo fans feeling any less confident after today?

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Zulu

Mayo will take Dublin on. The way Tyrone set up would allow junior club footballers look good. Mayo have a great chance.

DUBSFORSAM1

Jinxy

Mayo are very strong where Tyrone were very weak today.
If you let a team with decent forwards dominate the middle third and stroll up to your 45m line, you're on a hiding to nothing.
Dublin didn't have to defend today.
Mayo have demonstrated that they can physically go toe-to-toe with Dublin over 70 minutes.
Tyrone stood off Dublin and let them play.
Dublin will have to go up two gears in the final.
I'm not saying they won't be able to do that, I'm just saying that they are now massive favourites for the final.
That suits Mayo down to the ground.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Jinxy on August 27, 2017, 06:08:54 PM
Mayo are very strong where Tyrone were very weak today.
If you let a team with decent forwards dominate the middle third and stroll up to your 45m line, you're on a hiding to nothing.
Dublin didn't have to defend today.
Mayo have demonstrated that they can physically go toe-to-toe with Dublin over 70 minutes.
Tyrone stood off Dublin and let them play.
Dublin will have to go up two gears in the final.
I'm not saying they won't be able to do that, I'm just saying that they are now massive favourites for the final.
That suits Mayo down to the ground.

Last year Mayo matched Dublin who weren't playing that well. This year I'm not sure they have the same ability with McCaffrey back and McCarthy  in the  middle.

I think if Cooper can take care of Andy Moran that will win the game for Dublin.