David Clifford

Started by JimStynes, August 21, 2017, 08:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

That's a few years now I think. Maybe came into effect this year, but was passed two years ago? Something like that.

Mayo4Sam14

Anyone know Cliffords DOB?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

AZOffaly

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 22, 2017, 04:43:52 PM
Anyone know Cliffords DOB?

Why? He's not eligible because he's U18 this year. You have to be OVER 18 on January 1st 2017. If he was over 18 on the 1st January, he'd be overage for County Minor.

North Man

I think Paddy Mc Brearty was the last minor to play senior.
Minors are not permitted to play senior county now.
Minors over 17, while still in the championship are not permitted to play club league but can play club championship

omagh_gael

What club is with?

I'd imagine he's done some damage on the club scene around Kerry!

Link

Did he play sigerson the year just past?

AZOffaly

Did he not just do the leaving?

Link

I thought he was at IT Tralee and assumed he skipped the transition year.

Farrandeelin

Not a David Clifford post per sé, but are there any other counties doing away with the minor grade next year? I have been told that Mayo are discontinuing with it. I think it's very unfair on those in their first year minor this year, that next year all they will have is adult football. Especially if they don't turn 18 until December or the back end of the year. Any other opinions on this?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Keyser soze

This is a seriously stupid rule, typical shortsighted kneejerk reaction of the modern Gaa to address an issue that keeps being highlighted in the media, in this case 'burnout', without any thought of what the negative consequences might be for 100's of 17 year old players who have spent the last 3 months playing the odd minor match. And in Derry I mean an odd match, 2 or 3 games all summer.

Syferus

Quote from: Keyser soze on August 23, 2017, 02:10:02 PM
This is a seriously stupid rule, typical shortsighted kneejerk reaction of the modern Gaa to address an issue that keeps being highlighted in the media, in this case 'burnout', without any thought of what the negative consequences might be for 100's of 17 year old players who have spent the last 3 months playing the odd minor match. And in Derry I mean an odd match, 2 or 3 games all summer.

The rule is full justifiable. You're complaining about the schedule - the solution isn't to fire kids into combat against 30 year-old men..

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Keyser soze on August 23, 2017, 02:10:02 PM

In Derry clubs have played almost all their minor games. Unless you are referring to lads not starting for the county minors.

http://derrygaa.ie/fixturesandresults/?countyBoardID=7&compGroupID=44253&leagueTable=Y

Keyser soze

Yes they have indeed, and how many games is that since the exam break in May June? The A minor play 9 league games in total, it started on 3rd April which is 22 weeks ago, so they are playing an average of .4 games per week. There have been 4 rounds of the league since resuming after the exam break.

How on earth is that going to be enough games to develop a 17 year old? Or to keep him interested in training? Looks like it is designed to piss lads off and send them to other sports.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Keyser soze on August 23, 2017, 02:58:01 PM
Yes they have indeed, and how many games is that since the exam break in May June? The A minor play 9 league games in total, it started on 3rd April which is 22 weeks ago, so they are playing an average of .4 games per week. There have been 4 rounds of the league since resuming after the exam break.

How on earth is that going to be enough games to develop a 17 year old? Or to keep him interested in training? Looks like it is designed to piss lads off and send them to other sports.

What the solution Keyser? Double the league games and play away without county players?

Wildweasel74

Mark Lynch came on as a sub against Kerry back in the all-irleand semi against Kerry back in 2004 (Tyrone put the Derry minor out earlier in the year)

larry Tompkins played county senior at 16