Tony Keady galway hurler supreme!

Started by cornetto, August 09, 2017, 01:03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cornetto

Prayers please for Tony Keady who is ill at the moment.

time ticking away

Quote from: cornetto on August 09, 2017, 01:03:32 AM
Good job you got to edit that before anyone else commented
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Duine Eile

Quote from: time ticking away on August 09, 2017, 06:47:59 PM
Quote from: cornetto on August 09, 2017, 01:03:32 AM
Good job you got to edit that before anyone else commented

In fairness to cornetto there were plenty of false reports on local media late yesterday evening, wouldn't be laying the blame at his door. Disgraceful carry on. Hopefully Tony pulls through.

bannside

I had the pleasure of meeting Tony Keady in a bar/nightclub in Galway city when we were both in our late twenties and as they say in our prime. We swallowed a few pints and had the craic and you could just tell he was a legend in his own community. A real gentleman...but hard as nails on the pitch. Undoubtedly one of the finest hurlers I have ever had the privilege of watching. Hope you pull through big man.

Farrandeelin

The Sunday Game posted on its Facebook page that he didn't make it through the night. RIP
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

PW Nally

Seems to be in a lot of places now unfortunately.

Rest in peace Tony. You were one hell of a hurler.

johnneycool

Seems to be confirmed by Galway CB.

RIP Tony. The legend will live on with those lucky enough to see him in his prime.

seafoid

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/he-was-bigger-than-life-and-so-fit-and-strong-former-galway-hurler-tony-keady-has-passed-away-aged-53-36018213.html

"Irish Independent columnist Cyril Farrell, who managed that Galway team in 88, told Morning Ireland: "It's hard to believe. I talked to him outside the match on Sunday.
"He was always in great form and always up for the craic.
"He never missed a match day. Great family man. Brilliant hurler, brilliant player and the bigger the occasion, the better he played.
"He'd believe that if there were 70,000 in Croke Park, that they'd come to see him play and that this is what he was training for.
"He was a free spirit. It's hard to believe. It's unbelievable. He was in great form - he was as fit as a fiddle.
"There was no problem with self confidence, especially on the big day. On all the big occasions he played very, very well.
"Your heart would go out to Margaret (wife) and the kids, they're heartbroken. They'd a few days there in the hospital, hoping and hoping and hoping. Everyone hoiping.
"He was bigger than life and so fit and strong, he's the last person that if you looked at him you could think that this would happen, but that's life."

A total legend. Man of the match in one of the all Irelands and he went drinking with Brendan Lynskey. When TSG announced the award at the banquet there was no sign of him. 

A very, very sad day for his family, Killimordaly and Galway

Beidh cuimne air go foill
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

5 Sams

Quote from: seafoid on August 10, 2017, 10:52:00 AM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/he-was-bigger-than-life-and-so-fit-and-strong-former-galway-hurler-tony-keady-has-passed-away-aged-53-36018213.html

"Irish Independent columnist Cyril Farrell, who managed that Galway team in 88, told Morning Ireland: "It's hard to believe. I talked to him outside the match on Sunday.
"He never missed a match day. Great family man. Brilliant hurler, brilliant player and the bigger the occasion, the better he played.
"He'd believe that if there were 70,000 in Croke Park, that they'd come to see him play and that this is what he was training for.
"He was a free spirit. It's hard to believe. It's unbelievable. He was in great form - he was as fit as a fiddle.
"There was no problem with self confidence, especially on the big day. On all the big occasions he played very, very well.
"Your heart would go out to Margaret (wife) and the kids, they're heartbroken. They'd a few days there in the hospital, hoping and hoping and hoping. Everyone hoiping.
"He was bigger than life and so fit and strong, he's the last person that if you looked at him you could think that this would happen, but that's life."

A total legend. Man of the match in one of the all Irelands and he went drinking with Brendan Lynskey. When TSG announced the award at the banquet there was no sign of him. 

Beidh cuimne air go DEO

Heard that myself...fixed that last bit for you Seafóid..
The Aristocrat Years

seafoid

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 10, 2017, 04:06:12 PM

Beidh cuimne air go DEO

GRMA

Dúirt Joe Connolly ar RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta go mbeadh bród ort mar Ghaillimheach agus tú ag féachaint ar Keady ar an bpáirc.
"Bhí modh imeartha aige, bhí tú chomh sásta go raibh Tony ar d'fhoireann féin agus go raibh Gaillimheach ag déanamh na n-éachtaí seo.

cosuil le Mickey Linden
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

5 Sams

Quote from: seafoid on August 10, 2017, 04:24:23 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on August 10, 2017, 04:06:12 PM

Beidh cuimne air go DEO

GRMA

Dúirt Joe Connolly ar RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta go mbeadh bród ort mar Ghaillimheach agus tú ag féachaint ar Keady ar an bpáirc.
"Bhí modh imeartha aige, bhí tú chomh sásta go raibh Tony ar d'fhoireann féin agus go raibh Gaillimheach ag déanamh na n-éachtaí seo.

cosuil le Mickey Linden

Bród i gcónaí ag feachaint ar Mickey Linden agus caid sa lámh aige...fiú sa lá atá inniú ann!!!

The Aristocrat Years

orangeman

Serious hurler with a serious presence as a 6.

RIP

No disrespect to Cork or Waterford but I'd love to see Galway go out and finish the job and honour Tony and all th great Galway men waiting from 88 for another.

Seany

I really apologise for asking this question, but how did he die?  Had he been ill? he was only 53.