Tiernan MCCann

Started by Dinny Breen, August 07, 2017, 01:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: trileacman on August 12, 2017, 11:10:12 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 11, 2017, 11:18:19 PM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on August 11, 2017, 09:09:21 PM
His assault on Brendan Rogers deserves much more discussion; worse in my opinion than his diving antics.

Load of balls. Brendan got a real bad knock that night but there was feck all intent to do damage. A clear case of firing an early hit in from throw in that resulted in an accidental injury.

https://youtu.be/M--ScKw6Ps4

When searching for the above I came across this, Tiernan doing the business for Ulster! Some performance on the press ups. I'd be fecked after 5!

https://youtu.be/RcEQ8fJbQLk

Yer man's youtube account is the weirdest thing I seen all year.

Ye ever see the Muscular Christianity one? It looks to be some lad out in Na h-Eileanan an Iar.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 12, 2017, 01:10:48 AM
Have ye ever thought what is life like for a Derry supporter on the discussion board in the last 15 years.
I'd say it's very disappointing when Derry get put out but when it comes tp Tyrone it must be like watching England in a world cup. You kinda want them to keep going as far as possible so ya can keep slagging them off and keep your interest going but ad long as the f**kers don't win the thing outright.

Here was a thread started to say how Tiernan McCann had gone from a cheater to a hard working winner but alas a Derry fan with a grudge has to dig up a one off incident to bring him back to earth.
It must be very rewarding for ye wonder horse to have such an impact on any good will the McCann lad has got this year.
I'd nearly buy you a ticket for the convention centre when he receives his all star this year.
Who was Derrys last all star.

By the way I hope ye win yer minor match and get to the final
It would be great for Derry and Ulster football.

Derry fans are "fifth columnists". They are all out to sabotage their own county.

currychip

Why are you so worried about Derry and Derry people?

Champion The Wonder Horse

Some very bizarre contributions since my original thread from my fellow diocesans.

The Gael from the garrison town seems to be saying McCann went to do Rogers, but didn't mean to do him.

RedHand88 thinks the assault was ok, because McCann wasn't facing Rogers. Can you show examples when someone sticks an elbow in an opponent's face whilst facing him?

The other four contributions resort to targeting the man, or the man's county, not the ball. Bomber and Fuzzman are capable of much better, particularly the latter with his education.

FWIW, I believe any discussion of any player should be a warts and all discussion and those two heinous actions mentioned in the thread are essential for balanced debate.

Tiernan McCann is a superb footballer, having a superb year, btw.

Fuzzman, usual meeting point before semi-final?

omaghjoe

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on August 13, 2017, 10:03:34 PM
Some very bizarre contributions since my original thread from my fellow diocesans.

The Gael from the garrison town seems to be saying McCann went to do Rogers, but didn't mean to do him.

RedHand88 thinks the assault was ok, because McCann wasn't facing Rogers. Can you show examples when someone sticks an elbow in an opponent's face whilst facing him?

The other four contributions resort to targeting the man, or the man's county, not the ball. Bomber and Fuzzman are capable of much better, particularly the latter with his education.

FWIW, I believe any discussion of any player should be a warts and all discussion and those two heinous actions mentioned in the thread are essential for balanced debate.

Tiernan McCann is a superb footballer, having a superb year, btw.

Fuzzman, usual meeting point before semi-final?

Where is that now? You do talk some shite.

Anyway if you think that was deliberate by McCann your just wrong, he must have eyes on the back of his head, he wasnt looking at him, he wasnt touching him (which is how people usually elbow  people without looking), he had now way of knowing the location of Rodgers.
None of his movements are consistent with anything other than going for the ball.
MCann is in the shot for a split second, did he line him up during that time or before?
If during then how as he wasn't looking when in the shot, if before then how did he manage to hit him as he wasnt looking after and Rodgers moved his position after McCann came in the shot

Watch the clip again this time watch McCann. There's a better clip somewhere showing a wide angle

And thats not to take away anything from Rodgers' injury as it was heavy heavy hit, unfortunate

Champion The Wonder Horse

I thought your clip was fairly damning.

omagh_gael

There's a difference in putting in a shoulder and going out to assault (nice hyperbole btw) someone. It's obvious Tiernan didn't mean to cause the injury to Brendan and has no history whatsoever of being a dirty player.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on August 13, 2017, 10:32:45 PM
I thought your clip was fairly damning.

Never posted a clip but you should have a look at this one..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuSB0y-L4Iw

Watch McCann.... eyes on the ball the whole way...

If you reply to my points honestly that would be great

Main Street

The christain clip shows it clear enough that McCann at least saw the collision was coming and prepared for it, also we know that true christians don't lie.

RedHand88

Quote from: Main Street on August 14, 2017, 11:41:11 AM
The christain clip shows it clear enough that McCann at least saw the collision was coming and prepared for it, also we know that true christians don't lie.

Pathetic that yous are trying to drag up old clips to try to drag Tyrone through the mud (again). Its clear as day hes trying to catch the ball on the run and his momentum carries him into an unfortunate nasty challenge. Do you think hes purposely elbowed Rodgers in the face after 3 seconds... 6 foot away from the referee? Cop on seriously. I dont think hes ever had a violent incident in his career to date. Focus on your own county's misfortunes instead of this constant "anything to get one over on Tyrone" attitude.

stew

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 14, 2017, 12:11:47 PM

Pathetic that yous are trying to drag up old clips to try to drag Tyrone through the mud (again). Its clear as day hes trying to catch the ball on the run and his momentum carries him into an unfortunate nasty challenge. Do you think hes purposely elbowed Rodgers in the face after 3 seconds... 6 foot away from the referee? Cop on seriously. I dont think hes ever had a violent incident in his career to date. Focus on your own county's misfortunes instead of this constant "anything to get one over on Tyrone" attitude.

He has lovely hair so he does ) and used it to great effect to get a man sent off, he is softer than big Sean on a football field and that is hard to do!

Tyrone are an exceptional outfit, they are also disgusting when using the dark arts, I hope Dublin knock the fook out of them and go on the lose the final to Mayo.

Mickey Harte abuses the GAA and by his hand Tyrone have lessened the game of gaelic football with their repugnant diving/antics, threatening to take the association to court when one of them gets a red card very much deserved, and the GAA folding like tents every time they get threatened, disgusting! Up da Dubs. )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

redhandefender

who the f**k is Brendan Rodgers?

omagh_gael

Good man, stew. Can always count on you for a rational analysis of the situation!

BennyHarp

Quote from: stew on August 14, 2017, 12:50:31 PM

He has lovely hair so he does ) and used it to great effect to get a man sent off, he is softer than big Sean on a football field and that is hard to do!

Tyrone are an exceptional outfit, they are also disgusting when using the dark arts, I hope Dublin knock the fook out of them and go on the lose the final to Mayo.

Mickey Harte abuses the GAA and by his hand Tyrone have lessened the game of gaelic football with their repugnant diving/antics, threatening to take the association to court when one of them gets a red card very much deserved, and the GAA folding like tents every time they get threatened, disgusting! Up da Dubs. )

Sorry, when did Tyrone threaten to take the association to court?
That was never a square ball!!

trueblue1234

Quote from: stew on August 14, 2017, 12:50:31 PM

Good to see Tyrone hating is giving the Armagh wans something to do at this stage of the year again, t'would be a short year otherwise. Prob worse this year as they actually thought they were going to threaten Tyrone again. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit