Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 08, 2017, 01:37:27 PM
Quote from: Taylor on August 08, 2017, 01:35:35 PM
Quote from: lenny on August 08, 2017, 01:17:20 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 08, 2017, 10:33:31 AM
Quote from: lenny on August 08, 2017, 10:29:22 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 08, 2017, 06:25:20 AM
Great footballer, always thought he had it from his first appearances as long as he let the shootin to others but he has come on a long way on that as well this year. In fact his reverse drop shot for the goal against donegal was a work of art.

Great attitude too always keeps the head and keeps going to the end, a good example was on Saturday when he was rippin at O'Neill for putting the pass behind him to put him through on goal.

He has a long way to go to be forgiven for that shameful and disgusting dive. He does seem to have gotten his head down and focused on the football which is to his credit.

By whom?

All gaa followers who aren't from Tyrone. The Tyrone fans couldn't see that he had done anything wrong especially since Hughes got red carded.

The lad made a mistake - he took it on the chin so lets move on from that.

One of the best half backs in the country. If we get past the Dubs (and it is a massive IF) then i feel not only will he get an All Star but he will be pushing for POTY if he continues playing the way he is

Don't worry about Lenny.

He's still pretending Enda Lynn never dived a couple of years back.

Enda dropped to his hunkers.

Keane

Anyone give me a synopsis of what he said about that incident in the podcast out of interest?

BennyHarp

Great footballer, always thought he had it from his first appearances as long as he let the shootin to others but he has come on a long way on that as well this year. In fact his reverse drop shot for the goal against donegal was a work of art.

Great attitude too always keeps the head and keeps going to the end, a good example was on Saturday when he was rippin at O'Neill for putting the pass behind him to put him through on goal.

He has a long way to go to be forgiven for that shameful and disgusting dive. He does seem to have gotten his head down and focused on the football which is to his credit.

By whom?

All gaa followers who aren't from Tyrone. The Tyrone fans couldn't see that he had done anything wrong especially since Hughes got red carded.

Ah right. Let me know when they hold their meeting to discuss his forgiveness. This nonsense about Tyrone fans not saying he did wrong is laughable too.
That was never a square ball!!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Keane on August 08, 2017, 03:11:29 PM
Anyone give me a synopsis of what he said about that incident in the podcast out of interest?

From what I remember of it he felt a bit sheepish about it when he looked back on it.

Came across well and from the distances he's covering is obviously a very committed fella.

lenny

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 08, 2017, 03:18:16 PM

By whom?

Ah right. Let me know when they hold their meeting to discuss his forgiveness. This nonsense about Tyrone fans not saying he did wrong is laughable too.

We don't need to hold meetings. That dive will never be forgotten unfortunately for him. It was the most pathetic dive in the history of the game and will never be equalled. In fairness to the lad he has knuckled down and as I said before for that he deserves credit.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Hardy on August 08, 2017, 09:59:25 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 07, 2017, 07:13:56 PM
Am I the only one feeling slightly nauseous with all this love in our general direction? ;)

Sláinte nonetheless Dinny, he has certainly redeemed himself.

Hello lads.

Thanks my oul mucker, nothing worse than that sentiment of sanctimonious solitude! :P ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

WT4E

Quote from: lenny on August 08, 2017, 04:17:17 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 08, 2017, 03:18:16 PM

By whom?

We don't need to hold meetings. That dive will never be forgotten unfortunately for him. It was the most pathetic dive in the history of the game and will never be equalled. In fairness to the lad he has knuckled down and as I said before for that he deserves credit.

You never answered my question Lenny?

Keane

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 08, 2017, 03:42:43 PM
Quote from: Keane on August 08, 2017, 03:11:29 PM

From what I remember of it he felt a bit sheepish about it when he looked back on it.

Came across well and from the distances he's covering is obviously a very committed fella.

Thanks, I might dig it out at some stage.

Glad that incident doesn't seem to have stymied him. Everybody does foolish things now and again.

Orior

Did Tiernan play in the Sigerson Cup final or was that his brother?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Dire Ear

Quote from: Orior on August 09, 2017, 03:06:10 PM
Brother, he's a pharmacist

RedHand88

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 09, 2017, 03:12:18 PM

Works in Dublin too. God love him for the next few weeks...

Gaffer

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 10, 2017, 12:43:30 PM

He did say that down there no one really knows about his sporting background and that it is rarely talked about.

(That may change over the next couple of weeks though) 
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Gaffer on August 10, 2017, 11:54:22 PM

He did say that down there no one really knows about hus sporting background and that it is rarely talked about.

Rugby, both men's & women's, would be the biggest sport in the city.

RedHand88

One thing I noticed about him the other day. In injury time at the end of the game Ronan o neill played a poor ball to him that would have gave him a goal chance. The ball slipped and he was furious with o neill.

Tyrone were 18 points up at the time.

tonto1888

Quote from: Aaron Boone on August 11, 2017, 07:47:30 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on August 10, 2017, 11:54:22 PM

He did say that down there no one really knows about hus sporting background and that it is rarely talked about.

Rugby, both men's & women's, would be the biggest sport in the city.

I'm not sure he works in the city.