Tyrone v Dublin - The return of the Jedi

Started by Fuzzman, August 05, 2017, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: rrhf on August 28, 2017, 01:33:50 PM
Never at a Tyrone game before where we were completely  obliterated from the start if not on the scoreboard.
1) I can see the dubs winning the next 5 all Irelands they are that good and young.
2) there is no complacency in them. Super manager and modest ethic. Brilliant fan base and financial muscle to continue at it.
3) Tyrone don't have a system players or short term future that will make a dent on all Ireland semi finals or finals.
4) Tyrone are streets ahead of the rest of Ulster so there should be a few more handy titles to come. This is not a good thing for Tyrone or Ulster football.
5) the super 8s is set up perfectly for the dubs to hit 5 more titles with that team. Try beating them twice.
Come back in 5 years and tell me I'm wrong.

If it wasn't for Jimmy's ambush in 2014 they would be playing for 5 in a row in 3 weeks time.

It's hard to disagree with much of that. Tyrone are a decent side but Dublin played with them at times yesterday. I had thought that they would struggle to retain the hunger and desire that is hard to maintain when a team has so much success but Gavin and his management team have done a brilliant job with that group of players. Yesterday may have been his finest hour yet as a manager in a tactical sense as he totally negated a defensive system of play.

punt kick

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 28, 2017, 09:48:46 AM
Quote from: punt kick on August 28, 2017, 08:20:25 AM
Quote from: Over the Bar on August 28, 2017, 12:15:28 AM
Quote from: Throw ball on August 27, 2017, 11:07:17 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 27, 2017, 10:27:02 PM
Firstly congrats to the Dubs today not only a magnificent footballing side but some of the best supporters in the business...

I am almost glad that Tyrone and more so mickeys system has taking an unmercifull tanking. I hope that this is the final nail in the coffin.  I have followed Tyrone for over 35 years now. This is a county which could always produce some of the greatest talents of the game. It is the county that produced Iggy Jones Frankie Donnelly Frank McGuigan Peter Canavan Stephen O Neill. Players of the highest calibre.  The cancer which inflicts this county is the negative rubbish that is fostered in Garvaghy over the last 10 years. Young players on development squads are prevented from playing attacking football instead encourage to play the % system. Our senior teams ape the dross played at county level and you have great clubs like Carmen Ardboe Dromore Killycloghrr and Errigal playing the same defensive systems that make our games unwatchable. I really hope that there is a root and branch review of the direction that this county is being dragged down and the required changes made before we are left with nothing but robot's.

I have to agree with most of this.

I think also it is interesting that when Peter Donnelly was with Cavan they had a number of Ulster under 21 wins but couldn't do anything in All Ireland series.  Tyrone now seem to be following a similar path.

As an Armagh man it is expected that some Tyrone ones will point to what the match today says about Armagh.  Personally this year I would prefer to be an Armagh supporter than a Tyrone one. [/b]

Well personally I'm 100%  more happy to be a Tyrone GAA supporter than an Armagh one.  First of all, even if we are not AI material, 15 years on we continue to hand the Orchard their hole on a plate 9 times out of 10 when we meet them -
and the gulf in class continues to grow.  Secondly because as a Tyrone fan not many teams outside Dublin, Kerry, Mayo will beat us but not only can Armagh not buy a win in Ulster, they can't even  rule out  teams like Kilkenny footballers, Harland and Wolff Dry-liners GAA   and Isle of Man Gaels running thru like Frank McGuigan himself...

You must be gutted by that hammering, slap it up you, Tyrone are the big one in Ulster and a second rate team outside it, away and lick your wounds, the worse performance I have ever seen in croke park, trailing and Tyrone just sat back and let Dublin totally embarrass them.  You should be thankful Dublin didn't get out of second gear - yerrrrroooooo you ballbag!

Oh dear.  Another day on the buckfast and the insults are flying.  Away off to division 3 with you and prepare for another 20 point hammering by us next year.  ;D 8)

Maybe Mickey can get Tyrone a training week in Lourdes - the pre-match Rosary isn't enough.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Over the Bar

Quote from: punt kick on August 28, 2017, 02:17:26 PM
Firstly congrats to the Dubs today not only a magnificent footballing side but some of the best supporters in the business...

I am almost glad that Tyrone and more so mickeys system has taking an unmercifull tanking. I hope that this is the final nail in the coffin.  I have followed Tyrone for over 35 years now. This is a county which could always produce some of the greatest talents of the game. It is the county that produced Iggy Jones Frankie Donnelly Frank McGuigan Peter Canavan Stephen O Neill. Players of the highest calibre.  The cancer which inflicts this county is the negative rubbish that is fostered in Garvaghy over the last 10 years. Young players on development squads are prevented from playing attacking football instead encourage to play the % system. Our senior teams ape the dross played at county level and you have great clubs like Carmen Ardboe Dromore Killycloghrr and Errigal playing the same defensive systems that make our games unwatchable. I really hope that there is a root and branch review of the direction that this county is being dragged down and the required changes made before we are left with nothing but robot's.

I think also it is interesting that when Peter Donnelly was with Cavan they had a number of Ulster under 21 wins but couldn't do anything in All Ireland series.  Tyrone now seem to be following a similar path.

As an Armagh man it is expected that some Tyrone ones will point to what the match today says about Armagh.  Personally this year I would prefer to be an Armagh supporter than a Tyrone one. [/b]

Well personally I'm 100%  more happy to be a Tyrone GAA supporter than an Armagh one.  First of all, even if we are not AI material, 15 years on we continue to hand the Orchard their hole on a plate 9 times out of 10 when we meet them -
and the gulf in class continues to grow.  Secondly because as a Tyrone fan not many teams outside Dublin, Kerry, Mayo will beat us but not only can Armagh not buy a win in Ulster, they can't even  rule out  teams like Kilkenny footballers, Harland and Wolff Dry-liners GAA   and Isle of Man Gaels running thru like Frank McGuigan himself...

You must be gutted by that hammering, slap it up you, Tyrone are the big one in Ulster and a second rate team outside it, away and lick your wounds, the worse performance I have ever seen in croke park, trailing and Tyrone just sat back and let Dublin totally embarrass them.  You should be thankful Dublin didn't get out of second gear - yerrrrroooooo you ballbag!

Oh dear.  Another day on the buckfast and the insults are flying.  Away off to division 3 with you and prepare for another 20 point hammering by us next year.  ;D 8)

Maybe Mickey can get Tyrone a training week in Lourdes - the pre-match Rosary isn't enough.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

While Geezer takes the tean to watch Armagh ladies who've won more than his team has!   ;D ;D

tothetop03

Who was playing Left half back for Tyrone yesterday marking no 26 Niall Scully??

punt kick

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 28, 2017, 02:23:04 PM

While Geezer takes the tean to watch Armagh ladies who've won more than his team has!   ;D ;D

You must be hurting kid, humiliated on a national stage by a team that stopped playing in the second half.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Up The Middle

Is it Aidans McCrorys sole job to run the length of the field from one corner to the other and back again. Im surprised Dean Rock even bothered following him.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

BennyHarp

Quote from: punt kick on August 28, 2017, 02:26:18 PM

You must be hurting kid, humiliated on a national stage by a team that stopped playing in the second half.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Err, you do realise that Tyrone humiliated Armagh on a national stage a few weeks ago don't you? Yes? Ok carry on!
That was never a square ball!!

RedHand88

Armagh man throws the boot into tyrone about being hammered at croke park. Unbelievable.

If there's one thing we learnt yesterday is that Armagh may never ever win an all ireland again in my life time. I'm 29.

Over the Bar

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 28, 2017, 02:31:43 PM

Err, you do realise that Tyrone humiliated Armagh on a national stage a few weeks ago don't you? Yes? Ok carry on!

I doubt if the buckfast junkie realises anything bar when it's dole-cheque day in Craigavon

seafoid

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 28, 2017, 02:33:34 PM

Armagh man throws the boot into tyrone about being hammered at croke park. Unbelievable.

If there's one thing we learnt yesterday is that Armagh may never ever win an all ireland again in my life time. I'm 29.
You can't back that up with logic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: seafoid on August 28, 2017, 01:58:09 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 28, 2017, 01:40:41 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 28, 2017, 01:19:06 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 28, 2017, 11:41:26 AM
Quote from: seafoid on August 28, 2017, 11:33:46 AM

It must be a big land for people like Bomber. I imagine. You might see Tyrone winning nothing in Croke Park for 20 years. It is in the range of shite .

Ah no, we'll never drop to the levels that Galway football currently has.
3 minus 9 is negatIve,  Bomber. And there are no Donnellans in Tyrone.

There's no Championship win in Croke Park in more than 15 years for the Galway footballers either.

As I said when Tyrone fall into the state Galway football is in, I will then consider it a crisis.

It is like saying winter is a crisis, Bomber.
Lets see who wins the next Sam.

I think it's about time you stopped gazing enviously and other counties and started manifesting your own critique to your own county. We've won three All Irelands since Galway last seen a game of football in August.

seafoid

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 28, 2017, 02:46:23 PM

It must be a big land for people like Bomber. I imagine. You might see Tyrone winning nothing in Croke Park for 20 years. It is in the range of shite .

There's no Championship win in Croke Park in more than 15 years for the Galway footballers either.

As I said when Tyrone fall into the state Galway football is in, I will then consider it a crisis.

I think it's about time you stopped gazing enviously and other counties and started manifesting your own critique to your own county. We've won three All Irelands since Galway last seen a game of football in August.
Wow.
Blow me down with a feather duster
Don't fight entropy. Understand it.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: seafoid on August 28, 2017, 02:50:53 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 28, 2017, 02:46:23 PM

Wow.
Blow me down with a feather duster
Don't fight entropy. Understand it.

As I said, the envious gaze you put cast upon other counties only underlines the spite that flows through your veins.

tonto1888

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 28, 2017, 02:39:59 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 28, 2017, 02:31:43 PM

I doubt if the buckfast junkie realises anything bar when it's dole-cheque day in Craigavon

You're a p***k. The difference between Armagh and Tyrone is we knew we wouldn't beat you and that a drubbing was a distant next possibility. We are division three and you are division one. The result wasn't that surprising. You guys need on the other hand really felt you were the team to beat the dubs. And based on what? a few leaf e games which were close. Yesterday was a 12 point drubbing going on 20

Zulu

Quote from: yellowcard on August 28, 2017, 01:59:37 PM
Quote from: rrhf on August 28, 2017, 01:33:50 PM
Never at a Tyrone game before where we were completely  obliterated from the start if not on the scoreboard.
1) I can see the dubs winning the next 5 all Irelands they are that good and young.
2) there is no complacency in them. Super manager and modest ethic. Brilliant fan base and financial muscle to continue at it.
3) Tyrone don't have a system players or short term future that will make a dent on all Ireland semi finals or finals.
4) Tyrone are streets ahead of the rest of Ulster so there should be a few more handy titles to come. This is not a good thing for Tyrone or Ulster football.
5) the super 8s is set up perfectly for the dubs to hit 5 more titles with that team. Try beating them twice.
Come back in 5 years and tell me I'm wrong.

If it wasn't for Jimmy's ambush in 2014 they would be playing for 5 in a row in 3 weeks time.

It's hard to disagree with much of that. Tyrone are a decent side but Dublin played with them at times yesterday. I had thought that they would struggle to retain the hunger and desire that is hard to maintain when a team has so much success but Gavin and his management team have done a brilliant job with that group of players. Yesterday may have been his finest hour yet as a manager in a tactical sense as he totally negated a defensive system of play.

I don't get this. I'm not being wise after the fact, I said many times that the massed defence was a busted flush as the solution has been found - patience, width, depth, leave a few players back and recycle until a decent chance presents itself. Nothing Dublin did was a surprise or something others couldn't do. The reason Dublin did it so well yesterday is that they know they'll come up against it and practice playing against it relentlessly.

The only way to beat Dublin is to play them more conventionally as proven by Kerry and Mayo repeatedly.