Tyrone v Dublin - The return of the Jedi

Started by Fuzzman, August 05, 2017, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Amazed how easy Tyrone made it for us. In the first half, Tyrone can only be described as pathetic.

Tyrone improved somewhat in the 2nd half, and Dubs fell off pretty badly. At one stage Tyrone got it back to 6 or 7 points, despite missing 3 of their first 4 shots in the 2nd half.

Tyrone not changing tactics after they conceded the goal ruined the match as a contest.

But overall, the Tyrone lads can't even console themselves with the thought - at least we had a go. Because they didnt. Mayo certainly will.

Tyrone supporters were super. But a bit like Armagh v Tyrone, didnt get what they hoped for.

Wildweasel74

The reality is only harte would get on the Dublin team / panel, Dublin played in first gear yet were way too good, it was like watching Kerry dismantle teams in the late 70s / early 80s

Brick Tamlin

Hound

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 27, 2017, 07:56:46 PM
The reality is only harte would get on the Dublin team / panel, Dublin played in first gear yet were way too good, it was like watching Kerry dismantle teams in the late 70s / early 80s
Dublin are super, but Mayo go man-on-man (pretty much) and take us to the brink every time. Are Mayo so much better than Tyrone? Fall behind and keep giving us our own kickout is pure footballing suicide. Have a go FFS

Wildweasel74

Dont know about how much better but Mayo would beat Tyrone, the best 2 teams are in the final

Main Street

I see the usual suspects (Tyrone haters the lot of them)  are sticking the boot in with glee into Tyrone's 2017 AI campaign  :o
a campaign which fell a few beads short of the full rosary at CP today.

I had thought Dublin would beat Tyrone handy enough after their impressive 1/4 final performance but I didn't think it would happen like this, so utterly comprehensive from a minute or so into the game.
Take heart Tyronies, these mean minded begrudgers will get their comeuppance one day, in biblical porportions.

Rudi

Quote from: Itchy on August 27, 2017, 07:10:29 PM
I think today was a great result for the GAA. Tyrone are the masters of mass defence and counter and an attacking team thrashed them. Now the GAA world must look at Dublin and realise that this tactic will not be good enough. I hope it's the death of this horrible style of football. No harm to Tyrone, they must now realise that there is no point coming with that game plan next year. The rest of the serious counties must now realise the same.

Would agree, at their centre of excellence every underage Tyrone team undergoes the same one dimensional bile. No freedom of expression for talented footballers and a huge amount of other counties trying to copy this anti football system.

Rudi

Quote from: under the bar on August 27, 2017, 07:13:49 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on August 27, 2017, 07:06:43 PM
That game ended in 4th minute.I think.Mickey Harte's time is up.Tyrone are as far away.from Sam as ever.

In that case we will just have to settle for being the best in Ulster Tony!    What does todays result say for for Armagh?  😉

It's says the gap between the top 4 and teams 5-33 is scary.

Itchy

The few people in here saying Tyrone didn't perform or whatever are missing the point. Ye had no chance as ye played a far superior team. Watch Sean Cavanaghs interview on BBC and he felt they left no stone unturned, just beat by an unbelievable team. If any team has a chance against them it's Mayo but I fear they wont win as the dubs bench is outstanding.

Syferus

Quote from: Rudi on August 27, 2017, 08:14:14 PM
Quote from: under the bar on August 27, 2017, 07:13:49 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on August 27, 2017, 07:06:43 PM
That game ended in 4th minute.I think.Mickey Harte's time is up.Tyrone are as far away.from Sam as ever.

In that case we will just have to settle for being the best in Ulster Tony!    What does todays result say for for Armagh?  😉

It's says the gap between the top 4 and teams 5-33 is scary.

Eh, Rudi? How are Kerry and Tyrone classed as so far ahead of everyone else based on this year? Tyrone beat Ulster teams, the second best of which Galway whipped in R4. Kerry struggled with Clare and looked unimpressive beating both Cork and Galway.

I said going into this year it was Dublin #1 by a good distance, Mayo #2 because they're the only ones who have troubled Dublin, but obviously they've proven quite vulnerable to other teams the past two seasons.

Everyone else are just B1, B2, B3. Not at the races for the AI. The gap is Dublin and everyone else, not the top four and everyone else. The AISFs blew that idea straight out of the water.

Whishtup

Quote from: JoG2 on August 27, 2017, 06:18:20 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 27, 2017, 05:46:02 PM
Not a surprise but made worse by Tyrone having their worst game of the championship with unforced errors.  The eulogising by the commentators is nauseous.  The inbability of them to call out any Dublin cynicism is infuriating. Well done Dublin. Cannot see Mayo  living with this...

Ach houl yer tongue! 1 point separated Mayo and Dublin last year after 150 odd minutes. Take your tanking on the chin  and move on.

Dublin's patience and clinical finishing has improved much from last year.  They will spray the ball around the field for 5 minutes (sucking the life out of the opposition) until the chance comes to score if needs be. I cannot see Mayo living with this.
As for taking a tanking on the chin, this is hardly relevant as Tyrone were totally outplayed.  I'm allowed to call out sh1t commentating, though.

T Fearon

Lar Naparka

Well, I'm not feeling bullish about Mayo's prospects for the final but I certainly am not bearish, if that's the word, either.
Unless I am missing something, Dublin haven't had a tough game since they lost the league final to Kerry, around six months ago. On the other hand, Mayo has been living on the edge since they managed to beat Sligo. They suffered a loss to Galway and were pushed to the limit in every other game until yesterday. Much the same routine as last year when they took the Dubs to a replay and the issue was in doubt until the last kick of the ball. Furthermore, very few would disagree that Dublin had a fair share of luck before coming out on top.
Anyway, that's history. Now Mayo has certainly improved since last year's final and it's hard to say whether Dublin are better or than they were back then.
A fairly reliable source told me that in between the Roscommon games, Rochford discussed tactics with some, if not all, players and the improvements was plain to be seen. I was also told that planting Aido on Donaghy was the players' idea.
Can't swear to this but my source is pretty reliable.
I'm more confident of a win now than I was a year ago but that's about the height of it.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Wildweasel74

ballinaman

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 27, 2017, 08:45:59 PM
Well, I'm not feeling bullish about Mayo's prospects for the final but I certainly am not bearish, if that's the word, either.
Unless I am missing something, Dublin haven't had a tough game since they lost the league final to Kerry, around six months ago. On the other hand, Mayo has been living on the edge since they managed to beat Sligo. They suffered a loss to Galway and were pushed to the limit in every other game until yesterday. Much the same routine as last year when they took the Dubs to a replay and the issue was in doubt until the last kick of the ball. Furthermore, very few would disagree that Dublin had a fair share of luck before coming out on top.
Anyway, that's history. Now Mayo has certainly improved since last year's final and it's hard to say whether Dublin are better or than they were back then.
A fairly reliable source told me that in between the Roscommon games, Rochford discussed tactics with some, if not all, players and the improvements was plain to be seen. I was also told that planting Aido on Donaghy was the players' idea.
Can't swear to this but my source is pretty reliable.
I'm more confident of a win now than I was a year ago but that's about the height of it.
Fake news Lar.

Playing that sort of game plan against Dublin in Croke Park is madness. You'll be eaten alive sooner or later....have Tyrone not even taken note of the Leinster championship or even the Monaghan 1/4 final? Setting up like Tyrone did today might give you a shot on a pissy day in Omagh in February but that's about it.