Tyrone v Dublin - The return of the Jedi

Started by Fuzzman, August 05, 2017, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Indo

A Con O'Callaghan goal in the fifth minute set the tone for a totally dominant first-half performance by Dublin which surely spells the end of the blanket defence and possibly the managerial career of Tyrone boss Mickey Harte.

The end of the nihilism of the blanket would be welcome.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

RedHand88

Quote from: seafoid on August 27, 2017, 06:02:43 PM
Indo

A Con O'Callaghan goal in the fifth minute set the tone for a totally dominant first-half performance by Dublin which surely spells the end of the blanket defence and possibly the managerial career of Tyrone boss Mickey Harte.

The blanket was what won it today for Dublin. 15 behind the 45 every time Tyrone went forward. Literally 15!

imtommygunn

You would have to ask where tyrone go from here. Even their best players didn't look near the dub's level.

ONeill

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 27, 2017, 06:09:20 PM
You would have to ask where tyrone go from here. Even their best players didn't look near the dub's level.

Simply accept that fact.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 27, 2017, 06:08:21 PM
Indo

The blanket was what won it today for Dublin. 15 behind the 45 every time Tyrone went forward. Literally 15!

How then did Dublin miraculously have 4 player forward for the O'Callaghan goal then when Tyrone were attacking?

RedHand88

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 27, 2017, 06:11:50 PM
Indo

How then did Dublin miraculously have 4 player forward for the O'Callaghan goal then when Tyrone were attacking?

Honestly lad I was on the halfway line. They had 15 behind the 45 every time.

on the sideline

If there's one good thing to come out of that hammering it has to be the end of that f*cking system! I hate it even when we've been hammering teams in Ulster. Every match we have played in the championship has been crap to watch - and it's entirely down to that system. I've stopped going to games to watch them over the head of it. Thank God it's been destroyed today so that a new approach has to be taken. Best of it is Tyrone would still have won Ulster without it and would have given the Dubs more of a run for it by going for it.  Let them play Mickey!!!

lenny

Indo

Complete rubbish, when dublin attacked they had plenty of options for a long kick pass ahead of them because they kept players up the pitch. Tyrone never had that luxury and their counter attacks lacked any pace and they looked clueless against an organised defence.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Hats off Syferus, you were absolutely right. ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

JoG2

Quote from: Whishtup on August 27, 2017, 05:46:02 PM
Not a surprise but made worse by Tyrone having their worst game of the championship with unforced errors.  The eulogising by the commentators is nauseous.  The inbability of them to call out any Dublin cynicism is infuriating. Well done Dublin. Cannot see Mayo  living with this...

Ach houl yer tongue! 1 point separated Mayo and Dublin last year after 150 odd minutes. Take your tanking on the chin  and move on.

Wildweasel74

To beat defensive crap u have to minic it then over come it thats what dublin done

RedHand88

Quote from: lenny on August 27, 2017, 06:15:19 PM
Indo

Complete rubbish, when dublin attacked they had plenty of options for a long kick pass ahead of them because they kept players up the pitch. Tyrone never had that luxury and their counter attacks lacked any pace and they looked clueless against an organised defence.

Watch the game back. When tyrone went on the attack Dublin retreated all 15 back. Honestly. Not complaining about it, it's a legitimate tactic. But it's what Dublin did. They out blanketed tyrone. Broke forward far faster than tyrone when the turned over.

But seriously, 15 man dublin blanket. It happened.

Syferus

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 27, 2017, 06:17:50 PM
Hats off Syferus, you were absolutely right. ;)

I don't take any glee in a proper GAA county being out-classed by a corporation with every advantage imaginable. In most other eras Tyrone would indeed be AI challengers with their current team.

Wildweasel74