Tyrone v Dublin - The return of the Jedi

Started by Fuzzman, August 05, 2017, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Two teams talked about to clash for the past few years.
Both had easy tuns do far and untested
Both drew with each other in the league

Against Derry Tyrone led 0.10 to 0.05 at HT.
After 50 mins it was 0.14 to 0.08

Against Donegal they lead 0.12 to 0.05 at HT
After 50 mins is was 1.14 to 0.06

Against Down they lead 0.07 to 0.05 at HT
After 50 mins is was 1.14 to 0.07

Today Tyrone lead Armagh 1.08 to 0.04 at HT.
Dubs held Monaghan to just 3 points yet people see Tyrone as being more defensive.

Tyrone end their game with 3.17 yet talk will still be about lack of forwards.

To be honest I've no idea how this game will fair out but my kids are worried.

seafoid

This is the dream date for Tyrone. Are they good enough ? If they are and they win the match after, immortality. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Jayop

Biggest game for Tyrone since the final 9 years ago. I think we can do it but it's going to be tough. A great Dublin team and the ref will give them at least a 4 point head start.

Syferus

Sean Cavanagh's last game. Tyrone will not win this game.

sam03/05

Tyrone have a superb team & in another time could win the AI.
Problem is they are up against the greatest team ever to play Gaelic football
In my opinion. Dubs look awesome

Fuzzman

A Jayop don't start that shite. I don't think any ref goes out with that attitude.

Syf, o know this is new territory for you but when your team is still in the last eight. Relax.
Enjoy it
No need to resort to default and slag off everyone.
You seem to have anger management issues.
I really hope ye get through to the semis, not for selfish reasons

Rois

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 05, 2017, 09:57:49 PM
Tyrone have a superb team & in another time could win the AI.
Problem is they are up against the greatest team ever to play Gaelic football
In my opinion. Dubs look awesome
Yep. Nothing more, good post. But we'll still go in hope.

BennyHarp

If Tyrone bring a level of intensity equivalent to Kerry in 03 and manage to put the Dubs off their stride and at the same time hit a scoring vein like the last 15 mins of the first half of the Donegal game this year where we couldn't miss, then we have a chance. I have believed for a long time that Mickey has created this game plan with the sole intention of beating the Dubs. It's been messy at times over the years but we are meeting Dublin at a time when we seem very comfortable in what we do. In my view, Tyrone don't have a plan B. If the Dubs work us out fairly quickly then we're f*cked, if however, like Mickey is hoping, we cause them problems and they struggle to work us out then we are in business. Also I wouldn't rule out a few of Mickey's famous curve balls on the day. (I see Stevie O'Neill kicked 2-5 for his club last weekend 😂)
That was never a square ball!!

Esmarelda

Quote from: Syferus on August 05, 2017, 09:37:17 PM
Sean Cavanagh's last game. Tyrone will not win this game.
Good omen to begin with.

Wildweasel74

End of an Era, oh boy, think you need change the title thread to this one.

Tyrone are good, very good but there style of play means they must lead early on to play their counter attacking game, if they fall behind early on to Dublin as i expect, i cant see them come back into the game unless they push out,

Monaghan have 5 or 6 very good players and none of them even counted against Dublin today, thats what i couldn't believe about the 2nd game today.

tonto1888

BennyHarp

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 05, 2017, 10:30:50 PM
End of an Era, oh boy, think you need change the title thread to this one.

Tyrone are good, very good but there style of play means they must lead early on to play their counter attacking game, if they fall behind early on to Dublin as i expect, i cant see them come back into the game unless they push out,

Monaghan have 5 or 6 very good players and none of them even counted against Dublin today, thats what i couldn't believe about the 2nd game today.

Do you think Dublin will sit back if they go a few points up? Or will they continue to attack?
That was never a square ball!!

tyroneman

I just worry mcQuillen gets appointment ref for the game.

imtommygunn

I don't think there are enough scores in that tyrone team to beat dublin. I am hoping they give them a much better game than monaghan though.

It is hard to know where either team really are in saying that though. Dublin have been impressive but i don't think they are as good as they have been. Monaghan struggled with down who tyrone made look very ordinary so how much we read into today i am not sure. Should be interesting but like i say hard to see enough scores in tyrone. Big test for them.

omagh_gael

Tyrone will win this, mark my words. Tyrone have the off the shoulder speed and power to cause the Dubs serious problems. Once again, the Dubs had the freedom of Croke park to slot over their points at ease, this won't happen on the 27th!