Tyrone v Dublin - The return of the Jedi

Started by Fuzzman, August 05, 2017, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: heffo on August 31, 2017, 08:20:51 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 31, 2017, 08:17:06 PM
Quote from: heffo on August 31, 2017, 08:02:43 PM
If it's any consolation without being patronising, it's not so long ago Dublin fans were sloping out of Croke Park after getting a tanking from Tyrone and were beaten even heavier the next year.

Things can change quickly..

Unless Tyrone are getting millions in grant money than all their competitors I don't think things can change so fast for them..

As I've posted before and is conveniently overlooked, Ulster GAA received £120m in UK Govt grants - they aren't short of a few bob.

So now we're comparing Dublin with an entire nine county province - you're finally talking everyone else's language.

heffo

Quote from: Syferus on August 31, 2017, 08:31:52 PM
Quote from: heffo on August 31, 2017, 08:20:51 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 31, 2017, 08:17:06 PM
Quote from: heffo on August 31, 2017, 08:02:43 PM
If it's any consolation without being patronising, it's not so long ago Dublin fans were sloping out of Croke Park after getting a tanking from Tyrone and were beaten even heavier the next year.

Things can change quickly..

Unless Tyrone are getting millions in grant money than all their competitors I don't think things can change so fast for them..

As I've posted before and is conveniently overlooked, Ulster GAA received £120m in UK Govt grants - they aren't short of a few bob.

So now we're comparing Dublin with an entire nine county province - you're finally talking everyone else's language.

Go buy an abacus Syf

Thy Kingdom Come

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 31, 2017, 02:59:50 PM
Quote from: Thy Kingdom Come on August 31, 2017, 12:45:35 PM
As a Kerryman glad to see Tyrone royally put on their Arse! Took away a lot of the pain of losing to perennial losers/chokers Mayo the day before. It amazes me how much value Tyrone folk place on an Ulster title and beating Ulster teams in quarter finals to reach semi-finals. This has been their only way to semi-finals the last couple of years. Wonder why?  Hope Tyrone hold onto Mickey. His energy and tactical awareness has waned. The three top counties have him sussed and there is no plan B and a hugely predictable plan A! Fair play to the Media and the GAA for building up this fixture based on really nothing (if you look at it) to help Tickets and Papers sales. They played a blinder.

There are a lot of Tyrone folk on here still in denial seeing consecutive Ulster titles as progress. They remind me of Mayo fans on a different level. Of course Tyrones level is lower than that of Mayo!

How sad that this is what it reduces to for some Kerry buachaillí: the success, or otherwise, of Tír Eoghain; and the irony of anyone from Munster bemoaning the ease of passage for the Ulster Champions is obviously lost on you. :(

How happy, though, are we to think of the torment and torture we put you through in 2003, 2005 & 2008, yay! :D :D :D :) :) :)

Never said it was easy for Tyrone to win Ulster titles. Who cares about Provincial titles? How long is it now since Tyrone beat Kerry in the Championship? Nearly 10 years? How long is it since Tyrone have beaten Dublin, Kerry, Mayo, Cork? When is the last time Tyrone won anything? There are lads in secondary School who have never seen or Remember seeing Tyrone in a AI Final. Ye are as bad as the Bould Mickey living of success that happened a decade ago! Top 4 my Arse! As for the Noughties, we won 4 titles in that era! We won consecutive titles. Ye lost to Paper light Mayo in this decade! A side we brushed aside in finals of '04 and '06. How do you explain that having such a great side? The last nine years have been fun watching ye squirm with the chasing pack!

longballin

Quote from: Thy Kingdom Come on August 31, 2017, 09:29:38 PM
As a Kerryman glad to see Tyrone royally put on their Arse! Took away a lot of the pain of losing to perennial losers/chokers Mayo the day before. It amazes me how much value Tyrone folk place on an Ulster title and beating Ulster teams in quarter finals to reach semi-finals. This has been their only way to semi-finals the last couple of years. Wonder why?  Hope Tyrone hold onto Mickey. His energy and tactical awareness has waned. The three top counties have him sussed and there is no plan B and a hugely predictable plan A! Fair play to the Media and the GAA for building up this fixture based on really nothing (if you look at it) to help Tickets and Papers sales. They played a blinder.

There are a lot of Tyrone folk on here still in denial seeing consecutive Ulster titles as progress. They remind me of Mayo fans on a different level. Of course Tyrones level is lower than that of Mayo!

How sad that this is what it reduces to for some Kerry buachaillí: the success, or otherwise, of Tír Eoghain; and the irony of anyone from Munster bemoaning the ease of passage for the Ulster Champions is obviously lost on you. :(

How happy, though, are we to think of the torment and torture we put you through in 2003, 2005 & 2008, yay! :D :D :D :) :) :)

Never said it was easy for Tyrone to win Ulster titles. Who cares about Provincial titles? How long is it now since Tyrone beat Kerry in the Championship? Nearly 10 years? How long is it since Tyrone have beaten Dublin, Kerry, Mayo, Cork? When is the last time Tyrone won anything? There are lads in secondary School who have never seen or Remember seeing Tyrone in a AI Final. Ye are as bad as the Bould Mickey living of success that happened a decade ago! Top 4 my Arse! As for the Noughties, we won 4 titles in that era! We won consecutive titles. Ye lost to Paper light Mayo in this decade! A side we brushed aside in finals of '04 and '06. How do you explain that having such a great side? The last nine years have been fun watching ye squirm with the chasing pack!

That's cheered me up thinking back to those days putting Kerry on their asses and demolishing the so-called twin towers, like Mayo did on Saturday. Thanks for the memories  8)

mayoaremagic

Quote from: Thy Kingdom Come on August 31, 2017, 09:29:38 PM

Joe Brolly was right when the Armagh/Tyrone defeats destroyed kerry fans mentallity. Then when the dubs started beating it damaged them further. Kerry fans management players and fans are classless in defeat and always have some excuse

Syferus

WUM accounts responding to each other hurts my head.