2017 All Stars

Started by ONeill, August 27, 2017, 07:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: rosnarun on September 01, 2017, 10:34:10 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 30, 2017, 11:07:31 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 30, 2017, 10:24:38 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 30, 2017, 10:15:20 PM
I see very little outside of Dublin / Mayo, Geaney will get 1, be the only Kerry man, cant see Tyrone or Roscommon get any, both teams were hammered and none of the men in running for a possible all-star showed anything on the day, we going to pick all-stars on displays against poor teams? nope!! Parson,  or the Dublin pair Fenton, McCarthy will take midfield, same for the half back line. Goalkeeper still up for grabs, most others are nailed down and the final performance will sway if the majority go to Mayo or Dublin

I think Colm Cavanagh is nailed on to get one for Tyrone. He was about the only Tyrone player to come out of the weekends game with any credit and has consistently been the best midfielder in the country all season. Smith had an outside chance for Roscommon but I don't see him getting one. Geaney is a cert for Kerry and Murphy has an outside chance though not at half back where the competition in recent years is always at its fiercest.

Yeah, I think Cavanagh is a shoo in
only way he will get one is if they feck around with the positions like they did with cian osullavan a few years back. Parsons and fenton must be favorites with S o Sé and mcCarthy not far behind , not original but that how it normally goes.

Midfielder odds.

Colm Cavanagh 8/11
Brian Fenton 5/4
Tom Parsons 11/4

Going by that Parsons will have to play very well in the final to win one.

trueblue1234

I can't see Cavanagh not getting one tbh. But I think he will be the only one for Tyrone. The other two contenders are in the strongest area for competition (Half back) and while they'll get nominations I don't think either will win.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

yellowcard

Both McCarthy and Parson's have been playing better than Fenton this year. I'd have McCarthy and Cavanagh in the driving seat at the minute but that could change depending on the final.