Armagh GAA - The Journey Continues.......Crowdfunding

Started by Taylor, July 31, 2017, 02:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: tippabu on August 01, 2017, 09:41:58 AM
Strange one this, surely a 1/4 final isn't a complete shock for Armagh to reach, plus it is only the one team that needs funding. Contrast that to ourselves who yes we expect to reach all Ireland's every year in hurling at all grades but the last 6/7 years we've had footballers going deeper than expected into the championship and underage teams doing similar.

Although, nothing wrong with having a facility there for people who want to to contribute to and if you don't want to then Dont. As long as it is for the good of the team, no problem with it

Aye, and how much more expense can be incurred in a week, not like they jetted off for some hot weather training first thing Sunday...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Taylor

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 01, 2017, 10:50:32 AM
Strange one this, surely a 1/4 final isn't a complete shock for Armagh to reach, plus it is only the one team that needs funding. Contrast that to ourselves who yes we expect to reach all Ireland's every year in hurling at all grades but the last 6/7 years we've had footballers going deeper than expected into the championship and underage teams doing similar.

Although, nothing wrong with having a facility there for people who want to to contribute to and if you don't want to then Dont. As long as it is for the good of the team, no problem with it

Aye, and how much more expense can be incurred in a week, not like they jetted off for some hot weather training first thing Sunday...

My thoughts exactly - a bus down and a few extra feeds. Cant be worth £50k.

Speaking to an Armagh man about this and he said the clubs there already get nailed regularly with tickets they MUST sell (or pay for themselves) as well as club fees/county training funds etc etc.
Are Armagh really in that bad of a shape financially that a 1/4 final appearance has them doing this?

Rois

Ach wise up, tt's totally opportunistic rather than being necessary - common sense to take it if there's a willingness to give it!

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Rois on August 01, 2017, 11:03:50 AM

Ach wise up, tt's totally opportunistic rather than being necessary - common sense to take it if there's a willingness to give it!

Irony overload filter not engaged today Rois?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

tippabu

Was it Donegal who stuck a fiver on all Ireland final tickets a few years ago? That I'd be completely against, something like this which is voluntary I'd have no trouble with as long as the money is being used right.

smelmoth

Quote from: bennydorano on August 01, 2017, 09:40:55 AM
Have you ever heard a county board / Gaa club or body, in fact a manager of any business say 'times are good, we're good for cash thanks'?

No. But dire is a long way from that

macdanger2

Quote from: tippabu on August 01, 2017, 11:43:59 AM
Was it Donegal who stuck a fiver on all Ireland final tickets a few years ago? That I'd be completely against, something like this which is voluntary I'd have no trouble with as long as the money is being used right.

Kerry do that also, I think it's a good idea, money supposedly goes towards the players' holiday

omagh_gael

Over £6500 gathered up now, not bad for firing up an aul crowd funder page. A fair bit less work than organising a white collar boxing night etc.

rrhf

StGallsGAA

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 04, 2017, 11:40:28 PM
Over £6500 gathered up now, not bad for firing up an aul crowd funder page. A fair bit less work than organising a white collar boxing night etc.

It'll take all of the £6,500 to clean the train after the hallions are finished with it!

Solo_run

Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 05, 2017, 09:40:43 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 04, 2017, 11:40:28 PM

It'll take all of the £6,500 to clean the train after the hallions are finished with it!

You should become a Comedian

LCohen

snoopdog

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 01, 2017, 10:48:15 PM
Quote from: tippabu on August 01, 2017, 11:43:59 AM

Kerry do that also, I think it's a good idea, money supposedly goes towards the players' holiday
Down did it in 2010 also. I agree with it if your lucky enough to get to an all ireland and get a ticket the 5er shouldn't be an issue to pay.