All Ireland Quarter Final;Roscommon v Mayo Sunday July 30th

Started by maigheo, July 23, 2017, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maigheo

Rossfan

Can't wait.
We started yet off on the road in the 2011 CF so would be nice if we ended ye're team next Sunday.
One part of me fears we had ONE BIG GAME in us and 9 months to hone in on it.
Hope we avoid a tanking anyway and that our young ladeens run the legs if the oul worn out Rhubarbs.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Really hope we win obviously but i just cant see it. We are so open its surreal , we have absolutely no defensive game plan , abandoned mcglouglin as a sweeper after spending all last year perfecting it. Hes a strange manager is our tellytubby
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

SouthDublinBro

I don't know why Ross fans even bother to get their hopes up. They can never beat Mayo.

Rossfan

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on July 23, 2017, 02:54:03 PM
I don't know why Ross fans even bother to get their hopes up. They can never beat Mayo.
Our players can and will.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

maigheo

Listening to Gay Sherrins rant a few months ago and one of the things that got lost in the hullabaloo was him wondering how Mayo could score 1.19 against the Ros defense and Mayo having no forwards and also his insinuation that McStays sole reason for staying in the job was for monetary gain.But I guess that is in the past and expect a great battle and hopefully extra time yesterday will not have taken to much out of Mayo

seafoid

I believe the last year that Ros won their match following a Connacht final win was 1980. Surely it is time to do it again.
The psychology of this match will be worth a few points. If Ros can go for the jugular they must have a chance.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

Quote from: maigheo on July 23, 2017, 03:13:28 PM
Listening to Gay Sherrins rant a few months ago and one of the things that got lost in the hullabaloo was him wondering how Mayo could score 1.19 against the Ros defense and Mayo having no forwards and also his insinuation that McStays sole reason for staying in the job was for monetary gain.But I guess that is in the past and expect a great battle and hopefully extra time yesterday will not have taken to much out of Mayo

McStay has been involved in Roscommon football since the mid-90s. Insinuating he was only in it for the money was probably the stupidest thing Gay said, at least when he was on about the hatred between Mayo and aroscommon he was drawing on his own experience playing and using it as motivation to perform. McStay's reaction after the Connacht final showed how much it means to him, and the genuine class of the man. There's not many non-believers left in the county now.

Gay Sheerin is not in the good graces of many people in Roscommon right now, but I hear he is on good terms with donkeys.

Cunny Funt

Lets cut to the chase. Roscommon are the weakest of the 4 provincial winners while Mayo are the strongest of 4 teams to come through the back door and remain a top 4 team. After extra time yesterday the last thing Mayo needed was playing against another top 4 team one week later instead and no disrespect to Roscommon, Mayo have got the best possible draw.

Now where are Roscommon at? they produced a top performance against a Galway side you thought they had the Connacht title won after beating Mayo. Are they fully focused on this game after winning their first provincial title for 7 years. will McStay and McHale have a plan in place to topple their home county? it would be some turn up for the books if this Roscommon management who were turned down for the Mayo job twice are now the ones to bring the curtain down on this consistently competitive Mayo team.

galwayman

Very interesting game.
We'll see Sunday what Ros are really made of.

Syferus

Quote from: galwayman on July 23, 2017, 05:29:18 PM
Very interesting game.

We'll see what Galway are made of first..

galwayman

Quote from: Syferus on July 23, 2017, 05:33:01 PM
Quote from: galwayman on July 23, 2017, 05:29:18 PM
Very interesting game.

We'll see what Galway are made of first..
No we won't actually. We're not good enough to beat Kerry & we know we're not.
We're not strong enough defensively to cope against that Kerry side.
Personally I don't think Roscommon are good enough to beat Mayo.
But sure we'll find out on Sunday.

seafoid

Next year we'll see how good Ros are. Back to back Connacht titles would say something. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU