Author Topic: We need to talk about the Dubs - get it off your chest  (Read 10716 times)

Fuzzman

• Aughabrack (Tyrone Not Cork)
    • View Profile
Re: We need to talk about the Dubs - get it off your chest
« Reply #210 on: August 14, 2017, 02:52:20 PM »
Do you disagree with me "The Greatest" and think being the home team and how they boo the free takers doesn't impact the players?

I'm curious what other grounds you've been to with Dublin in league games?
Compare how much easier it is for Cluxton to kick a 45 in the dying moments in a match compared to say Cillian O'Connor or Morgan for Tyrone.

Il Bomber Destro

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 14, 2017, 02:57:59 PM »
Do you disagree with me "The Greatest" and think being the home team and how they boo the free takers doesn't impact the players?

Compare how much easier it is for Cluxton to kick a 45 in the dying moments in a match compared to say Cillian O'Connor or Morgan for Tyrone.

The booing is an irrelevance with regards to Croke Park.

What is a much bigger advantage to Dublin is the way Croke Park plays, they are much more familiar with it than any side in the Championship and it is a completely different surface to any other provincial ground in the country.

TheGreatest

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 14, 2017, 03:51:33 PM »

Home teams have advantages, its quite common in Sport. Making noise to try and put opposition off and intimidate is also popular in field sports. Its not tennis, Rugby (although seems only an Irish thing).

Look at some of the displays behind goals in American football, soccer, basketball etc. when a opposition free or conversion etc, its in a lot of sports. Creates atmosphere and I wouldn't apologise for it.

Relatively unknown to some on this site is that teams that lose are not as good as the teams that wins, Booing does not make a team lose, if your good enough etc.....