Started by yellowcard, February 13, 2013, 02:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 04, 2014, 01:51:52 PM
That's literally 2 posts above yours :)

Yeah, yeah. Don't usually post on the phone! Just spotted it
Hasta la victoria siempre

Syferus

It was no surprise that he would get attention given how well Pearce has done. The lad has been seriously unlucky with injuries these past two seasons, I hope he has a full recovery and gets to give it a proper go. Cian is just as talented as his brother is.

Ballagh must be the most unlucky club in Ireland, stuck playing Mayo football and down two senior IC level footballers.

Rossfan

May every half dacent footballer in the place get out as quick as possible.
They'll never have a day's luck till they join the County they all live in.

Other than that I wish them all well  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rosnarun

Quote from: Syferus on September 04, 2014, 02:09:41 PM
It was no surprise that he would get attention given how well Pearce has done. The lad has been seriously unlucky with injuries these past two seasons, I hope he has a full recovery and gets to give it a proper go. Cian is just as talented as his brother is.

Ballagh must be the most unlucky club in Ireland, stuck playing Mayo football and down two senior IC level footballers.
your right imagime how many couty Titles they could have won if they took the step down
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Chimley

They must think highly of him so. I thought his chance had gone with the injury.

Captain Obvious

He looks a little light for AFL and didn't his brother play U-21,Senior football before rushing out?

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 04, 2014, 04:54:23 PM
He looks a little light for AFL and didn't his brother play U-21,Senior football before rushing out?

Eh? The AFL wants players as young as possible. Being light is neither here nor there - the names of players young Tadhg has trialled tend to be those with pace and skills to burn, not huge size. If someone is tall enough they can change their body-shape quite easily. Pearce's physique changed massively over his academy career.

Cian won't see top level action for the better part of two years or more if everything goes well.

Red

Did he attend trials?
I never heard these trials announced, are lads recruited directly based on co minor performance?
Best of luck to him, he seems to be a steady young lad

Syferus

Quote from: Red on September 04, 2014, 06:45:31 PM
Did he attend trials?
I never heard these trials announced, are lads recruited directly based on co minor performance?

Not sure if Cian was involved in the public trials but his team-mate Sharoize Akram was last year, though. The last few years the names of the attendees of at least one under-age trial by Tadhg Kennelly has been named.

It might be a special case given his brother but I'm sure they vetted Cian somehow. I can imagine there would be a lot of scouts interested in the brother of Pearce Hanley.

Ballaghman

Cian is a done deal for a year now, or so the Ballagh grapevine would say. I heard he was gone after last years final. Great news for him on a personal level but Ballagh and Mayo are seriously unlucky to lose talent like this. I honestly believe Pearse could have been the difference between winning and losing the last 2 all-Irelands and now Cian is off. Would be great if Pearse would 'do a kenneally' and give us a year but that's wishful thinking.

Red

Quote from: Syferus on September 04, 2014, 06:58:10 PM
Did he attend trials?

Not sure if Cian was involved in the public trials but his team-mate Sharoize Akram was last year, though. The last few years the names of the attendees of at least one under-age trial by Tadhg Kennelly has been named.

It might be a special case given his brother but I'm sure they vetted Cian somehow. I can imagine there would be a lot of scouts interested in the brother of Pearce Hanley.

Ya, I've seen the media coverage of trials and who attended but has Kennelly got some local scouting in place or is it up to a young lad to make contact with Kennelly.
He gets a bit of slack for recruiting from some quarters but it seems he has a local network.

Syferus

Quote from: Red on September 04, 2014, 07:20:33 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 04, 2014, 06:58:10 PM
Did he attend trials?

Ya, I've seen the media coverage of trials and who attended but has Kennelly got some local scouting in place or is it up to a young lad to make contact with Kennelly.
He gets a bit of slack for recruiting from some quarters but it seems he has a local network.

I wonder how exactly it works too, he was fairly on the ball with Akram getting him in for a trial despite being an U16 last year though that might have something to do with the attention Cian was already drawing to the town. Still, even most GAA people in Mayo probalby wouldn't have known Akram from Adam when he got trialled so Tadhg is getting good intel somehow.

Jinxy

Where's Daniel Flynn nowadays?
Was he involved with the Kildare seniors at all since he came back?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

rodney trotter

He is back in Oz with Port Adelaide, was back for a few months, homesick I think.

Think a brother of his is on the draft , Paddy Brophy too

Donnellys Hollow

His brother Luke attended trials. Clubmate Sean Hurley is heading out in a few weeks.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?