Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Agree 100% Hectic. A stands for standing in. A year round playing facility is a much stronger priority. That's our next focus in our club.

cca

Quote from: stiffler on August 02, 2017, 10:09:56 PM
Well done to Cargin on winning the Eddie fitzsimmons cup tonight.

Does anyone know the lay of the land at the bottom of div 1?

Do aldergrove still have 2 points to be deducted ?

Despite playing an illegal player against Ahoghill in the 1st phase (before split) the CCC have now decided NOT to deduct the 2 points Aldergrove gained by winning that match!

To compound Ahoghill's difficulties CCC are insisting that that last match (against Aldergrove - to avoid relegation) is played at 3pm on Sunday 13th, after Clooney Gaels play Cushendall in the SHC on Saturday 12th at 6.30pm, with probably at least half a dozen dual players!!!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Hectic on August 03, 2017, 12:26:36 PM
Quote from: bannside on August 01, 2017, 04:47:15 PM
The first club to put up a small stand will get all the plaudits. At least 5 in Derry, possibly 7 in Tyrone... but not one in Antrim since old Corrigan stand was demolished.

An indoor facility like Dunloy or Randalstown for me would be more desirable than a covered stand.  Of course both would be good but the ability to work all year round, and in all weather, particularly with the youth would be a massive boost to any club.

I would most def agree with that hectic. our lot are inside training all year when the pitches are closed and the weather is poor, much like what we have had all this week. the Cul Camp wouldnt of been able to cope this week with the main pitch having to be closed to using it and the second pitch being tore up. the academy ensured that we could get the most of them in it - with a bit of help from our local primary school

hurl like f**k boi!

Redordead

Quote from: cca on August 03, 2017, 03:33:07 PM

Despite playing an illegal player against Ahoghill in the 1st phase (before split) the CCC have now decided NOT to deduct the 2 points Aldergrove gained by winning that match!

To compound Ahoghill's difficulties CCC are insisting that that last match (against Aldergrove - to avoid relegation) is played at 3pm on Sunday 13th, after Clooney Gaels play Cushendall in the SHC on Saturday 12th at 6.30pm, with probably at least half a dozen dual players!!!

Just to make it a bit clearer what is being asked above.  14 of the starting Ahoghill football team on Sunday will most likely start for the hurlers on Saturday evening and about 20 of the panel will be involved in both.  A championship match and a relegation play off within 24 hours, not much consideration for player welfare there, but sure they are 2 different clubs......

The Aldergrove fine instead of points is just a joke. 

Hoof Hearted

Portglenone should do Ahoghill a bit of a favour on Mon night with their home fixture against Aldgrove   ;)
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Hectic

Not sure of the full ins and puts of what happened with Aldergrove but is there any precedent here? I know Aghagallon were effectively relegated to Div 3 after getting points docked for not fielding. Different situation I appreciate but at the same time I would not like to see rules being applied for one team and not for another. Bit I stress I am only asking the question here as I do not know the rules that were broken or the associated punishment that is recorded against them.

bannside

I agree with Redordead.  There is no way two such important games should be fixed within less than a day. We should admire clubs who play both codes, not punish them. I'd be confident Mr Grieve will see that the relegation game does not under any circumstances NEED to be played off before the middle of August. I'm sure if he wore his St John's hat for a moment and pondered the importance of the fixture, he would recommend making an exception in this instance.

Additionally, given that Aldergrove were granted a reprieve, you would think that they should be big enough to compromise on another date that won't inconvenience any other fixture. Common sense to prevail.

bit of banter

Y would Aldergrove do that. The county set the dates and fixtures, Aldergrove may have guys who still have holidays to take and students may need to return across the water. For the county to release league and championship fixtures so close together with the assumption it will work out is crazy. Why have all league fixtures been crammed into 5 months of play. Some teams seasons will be over before mid August.

country bumpkin

Quote from: bit of banter on August 05, 2017, 09:55:19 AM
Y would Aldergrove do that. The county set the dates and fixtures, Aldergrove may have guys who still have holidays to take and students may need to return across the water. For the county to release league and championship fixtures so close together with the assumption it will work out is crazy. Why have all league fixtures been crammed into 5 months of play. Some teams seasons will be over before mid August.
Gotta agree, as I said previously if ousted from championship in first round those unlucky souls will have to wait out for about six months with only thumbs to twiddle.

But then there is always soccer. ;)

country bumpkin

Quote from: cca on August 03, 2017, 03:33:07 PM

The CCC had and still have no other option other than to act as per rule in their actions against a team fielding with an 'illegal' player included.
Rule states induvidual suspension (not less than six months) imposed as well as points not being awarded.

But hey this is Antrim😮

delgany

JFC  : Eire Og robbed last night by two poor decisions.
A clear point signalled wide by umpire.
A definite penalty given as a free in the square!

themac_23

Quote from: delgany on August 12, 2017, 11:40:36 AM
JFC  : Eire Og robbed last night by two poor decisions.
A clearbpoint signalled wide by umpire.
A definite penalty given as a free in in square!

Good game Delgany? Mals for a final appearance? nobody will get near sars though

delgany

Poor match.
Hard to read mals side of the draw....but most experienced team on this side .
Sarsfields at a canter
Opportunity for a run in Ulster  depending on draw.

outinfront

Can I ask what are Sarsfields doing in the JFC? I am not from Antrim but I always thought Sarsfields would have been a strong Belfast team?

outinfront

Were they relegated from 2?