Two Touts Get a Hammering

Started by Joxer, September 20, 2009, 10:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Was walking home after the All Ireland final in 2002 and as I was walking by some flats near dorset street, I saw this young fella on the other side of the street steal a mobile off a Kerry woman as she was talking on it.  Two fellas behind the woman gave chase to the guy whilst I phoned the police and went to make sure the woman was ok.  About 5 minutes later the two guys came back bloodied and bruised as theyd been ambushed as soon as they went into the flats and had had their wallets and phones taken.  Took the gardai nearly an hour to get there, always makes me think twice about chasing anyone in that situation.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Rav67

Quote from: man in black on September 21, 2009, 12:24:15 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on September 21, 2009, 11:31:53 AM

"It's unbelievable that these people can stand there and wear those uniforms and the guards just stand around watching," said one Kerry supporter.

Probably the closest a Kerryman has come to military intervention in the north.
As us Tyrone men say, sod the gooch, there is only one Kerryman that we fear in Tyrone.

Sean O Callaghan

I would hazard a guess that you're the only Tyrone man who has ever said that.

Canalman

Reeks of an Urban Myth. Dúirt bean liom gur dhúirt bean léi.

filthydog

Why do people complain about touts? They exist because the demand from supporters exists. If people are willing to pay over the odds then that's their business surely?

concerned

Quote from: Qwerty28 on September 21, 2009, 11:19:04 PM
Was talking to a man on the way out yesterday who siad his friend found a ticket on he ground just before they went into the match! He seemed like a fellow who wouldnt make up that kind of story....god help whoever put their hand in their pocket and noticed their ticket was gone!
Forgot to ask him what your man did with the ticket he found!

it could be me you are refering to, i found a ticket walking from the big tree to the cusack stand, and found a ticket on the street, it was for corporate level, i already had a ticket so i thought i would give it to some fan who was unable to get tickets, so i gave it to a fella who was looking for tickets, though i think it turned out he was a tout and i felt a bit pi**ed off with that, i was trying to do the decent thing but turned out all i done was probably make a tout a couple of hundred euro better off. probably should have just kept the ticket and let it go unused. you live and learn though. :-\

Louth Exile

Quote from: concerned on September 22, 2009, 01:43:48 PM
Quote from: Qwerty28 on September 21, 2009, 11:19:04 PM
Was talking to a man on the way out yesterday who siad his friend found a ticket on he ground just before they went into the match! He seemed like a fellow who wouldnt make up that kind of story....god help whoever put their hand in their pocket and noticed their ticket was gone!
Forgot to ask him what your man did with the ticket he found!

it could be me you are refering to, i found a ticket walking from the big tree to the cusack stand, and found a ticket on the street, it was for corporate level, i already had a ticket so i thought i would give it to some fan who was unable to get tickets, so i gave it to a fella who was looking for tickets, though i think it turned out he was a tout and i felt a bit pi**ed off with that, i was trying to do the decent thing but turned out all i done was probably make a tout a couple of hundred euro better off. probably should have just kept the ticket and let it go unused. you live and learn though. :-\

Only thing to do in such a situation is give the ticket to the Garda. Plus, for a randomer to walk into a box where he wasn't invited (or guest of an invitee) would need to have a neck on them like a Jockeys Bo****s!!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

AbbeySider

Quote from: Louth Exile on September 22, 2009, 02:03:46 PM
Only thing to do in such a situation is give the ticket to the Garda. Plus, for a randomer to walk into a box where he wasn't invited (or guest of an invitee) would need to have a neck on them like a Jockeys Bo****s!!

Basic, basic common sense.

cornafean

Quote from: AbbeySider on September 22, 2009, 02:22:57 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on September 22, 2009, 02:03:46 PM

Basic, basic common sense.

and there was me wondering how come Guards find it so easy to get tickets for big games.  ;)
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Qwerty28

Small world if your the guy that found the ticket! The man I was chatting to was from Roscommom I think.

Capt Pat

Quote from: filthydog on September 22, 2009, 11:33:02 AM
Why do people complain about touts? They exist because the demand from supporters exists. If people are willing to pay over the odds then that's their business surely?

Well to be quite frank they rip you  off, they sell forgeries. I saw 2 English lads over for the rugby getting turned away after paying over the odds from the touts. They sell juvenile tickets to adults at full price etc. They are exploiting genuine fans. The other point is and it is the fault of the GAA, a lot of tickets go to the touts as there is no proper distribution of tickets to people who want them.

Tyrones own

"It's unbelievable that these people can stand there and wear those uniforms and the guards just stand around watching," said one Kerry supporter.

As us Tyrone men say, sod the gooch, there is only one Kerryman that we fear in Tyrone.

Sean O Callaghan
Wha.. Kerryman me arse sure Sean's a Benburb Man ;)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Final Whistle

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 23, 2009, 05:27:07 AM

Sean O Callaghan
Wha.. Kerryman me arse sure Sean's a Benburb Man ;)

If Sean gets it between the eyes this weekend you are getting the blame!!!