Clerical abuse!

Started by D4S, May 20, 2009, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We all know this disgusting scandal is as a result of The Church and The State, but who do you hold mostly accountable, and should therefore pay out the most in compensation to victims?

The State
The Church
Split 50/50

longballin

Can you imagine if one of the victims reads that? Can't hide behind his excuse for jokes about people who die saying they're relatives are so far away they won't read it. That is bad stuff.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 01, 2018, 07:10:43 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on March 01, 2018, 06:42:32 PM
I see that one of Finnegan's victims,the one with the highest profile and recipient of a record six fugure payout claims the abuse lasted for 8 years after it started when he was 10.That would mean it was going on when he was 18.At what age does one become in effect complicit by not resisting or reporting to the Police yourself?

Never. What a horrible thing to say and just goes to show you for what you are
Is anyone really surprised though? ,  there are no depths to which  he wont sink

Milltown Row2

Jesus you are a boring Cnut Tony! The story of the swimming pool! f**k you're like a broken record.. let's face it you'll never get it! Thankfully you have no one to pass on your life skills and reasoning.. one less Fearon to watch out for
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

longballin

Quote from: T Fearon on March 01, 2018, 08:17:34 PM
Quote from: Orior on March 01, 2018, 07:15:52 PM
I see that one of Finnegan's victims,the one with the highest profile and recipient of a record six fugure payout claims the abuse lasted for 8 years after it started when he was 10.That would mean it was going on when he was 18.At what age does one become in effect complicit by not resisting or reporting to the Police yourself?

No, you cannot lay any blame on the victims. That is just wrong.

Orior it was a rhetorical question, and one which I thought was very fair to be honest.Of course I expected abuse from the intolerant,who will hear no words of criticism for anyone only Catholic Bishops, who also have families including in Bishop Mc Areavey's case a nephew who had his first wife murdered with little or no hope for justice.I am prepared to concede that my judgement is continually benchmarked by the incident I was aware of back in my student days while working in a leisure centre,and two young primary school age brothers were abused by a permanent member of staff.They told their parents, the parents immediately told the Police,arrest and conviction followed swiftly, and this was in 1978.

Shame on you Tony using the murder of Michaela Mc Areavey to justify your obnoxious comments about victims of abuse

Targetman

Orior it was a rhetorical question, and one which I thought was very fair to be honest.Of course I expected abuse from the intolerant,who will hear no words of criticism for anyone only Catholic Bishops, who also have families including in Bishop Mc Areavey's case a nephew who had his first wife murdered with little or no hope for justice.I am prepared to concede that my judgement is continually benchmarked by the incident I was aware of back in my student days while working in a leisure centre,and two young primary school age brothers were abused by a permanent member of staff.They told their parents, the parents immediately told the Police,arrest and conviction followed swiftly, and this was in 1978.
Why do you keep making reference to John McAreavey?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Targetman on March 01, 2018, 08:29:37 PM

Why do you keep making reference to John McAreavey?

Yeah I pulled him before, still hasn't brought it up. I'm sure Mcareavey had other family
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

When anyone calls you out for what you are you label them intolerant anti catholics.

I am not anti catholic in any way but am intolerant of people who say disgusting things.

Keep it going though with that line as it avoids debate.

You called out a 10 year old as being complicit. A ten year old who's life was turned upside down at such a young age his entire life would have been scarred.

That is low. How can anyone debate with someone who's mind works in such a way that they even think that? You have clearly thought itto be raising the question.

Or maybe it is another cry for attention?

imtommygunn

Thicker than some and not as thick as others ;D

No need to be offensive. Wait isn't it you who tries to be as passively offensive as you can all the time and then call out people for being offensive if they lose the rag to you.

Your "rhetorical" question does not read as you think it does. Or maybe everyone just thinks you are a bit of a monster so assumes the worst meaning possible based on past history?

tonto1888

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on March 01, 2018, 07:40:23 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on March 01, 2018, 07:10:43 PM

Never. What a horrible thing to say and just goes to show you for what you are
Is anyone really surprised though? ,  there are no depths to which  he wont sink

I think this is a new low. Even for him

Dougal Maguire

That's bound to be libellous. I hope someone brings this to the victim's attention.
Careful now

orangeman

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 01, 2018, 07:06:18 PM
I've seen the devastation at first hand that child abuse causes. How could a young boy who had been sexually abused for years on a weekly basis from he  was 10  have the emotional capacity to form any opinion to make such a decision. You're a twisted man Tony. A very sad, twisted man. If that is what you see as a valid question then there is only one place that your beloved God will have you....biting in hell with the rest of your ilk. You are a child abuse apologist. Simple as that

+1

GJL

Quote from: longballin on March 01, 2018, 11:38:45 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 01, 2018, 11:23:42 PM
That's bound to be libellous. I hope someone brings this to the victim's attention.

why does whoever runs this board allow this?

That is what I was thinking. It is the most disgusting thing I've seen on here and that is saying something.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 01, 2018, 11:23:42 PM
+1

theskull1

With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil - that takes religion.   

Fearon is so locked in to his ideology, it's obvious to all he's completely trapped. I hope his god is happy with his creation and how he is selling the faith.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Targetman

St.Colmans getting it in the neck from Nolan now!