Clerical abuse!

Started by D4S, May 20, 2009, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We all know this disgusting scandal is as a result of The Church and The State, but who do you hold mostly accountable, and should therefore pay out the most in compensation to victims?

The State
The Church
Split 50/50

Orior

I feel a bit sad for Bishop McAreavy.

He took joined the priesthood about over 50 years ago much to the joy of his extended family, friends and neighbours. He gave all of the things the rest of us take for granted. Like most other priests, he spent his life consoling people, praying for us all whilst handling the penance of abstinence.

He made a couple of bad management decisions, and now must suffer the consequences, without a wife or close family for support.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: T Fearon on March 01, 2018, 06:42:32 PM
I see that one of Finnegan's victims,the one with the highest profile and recipient of a record six fugure payout claims the abuse lasted for 8 years after it started when he was 10.That would mean it was going on when he was 18.At what age does one become in effect complicit by not resisting or reporting to the Police yourself?

Puckoon

You mean, like any rape or abuse victim who hasn't the courage to come forward? Or any impressionable adult who's been abused since they were 10? What exactly is it you are saying?

You're a vile piece of work Tony. Regardless of whether your on the wind up or not - that question is reprehensible. As Spike Milligan once said, You're a hero with cowards legs.

brokencrossbar1

I see that one of Finnegan's victims,the one with the highest profile and recipient of a record six fugure payout claims the abuse lasted for 8 years after it started when he was 10.That would mean it was going on when he was 18.At what age does one become in effect complicit by not resisting or reporting to the Police yourself?

Are you serious?  Are you even gonna go there?  Have you any comprehension of the emotional damage that this man caused to the young lad?  At 10 years of age he was being fondled and groped. He was trapped by this vile evil man. I know you have no children tony so you have no comprehension how a young child reacts. This is one of the most vile things you have ever written.

AZOffaly

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 01, 2018, 06:48:05 PM

Are you serious?  Are you even gonna go there?  Have you any comprehension of the emotional damage that this man caused to the young lad?  At 10 years of age he was being fondled and groped. He was trapped by this vile evil man. I now you have no children to y so you have no comprehension how a young child reacts. This is one of the most vile things you have ever written.

Complicit?? Complicit??

Tony Baloney

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 01, 2018, 06:48:05 PM

Are you serious?  Are you even gonna go there?  Have you any comprehension of the emotional damage that this man caused to the young lad?  At 10 years of age he was being fondled and groped. He was trapped by this vile evil man. I now you have no children to y so you have no comprehension how a young child reacts. This is one of the most vile things you have ever written.
It fits into a long roll of dishonour

AZOffaly

Quote from: T Fearon on March 01, 2018, 06:51:44 PM
It is a simple and valid question.

It is not. It's an ignorant and snide aspersion.

imtommygunn

Well that says it all really.

brokencrossbar1

I've seen the devastation at first hand that child abuse causes. How could a young boy who had been sexually abused for years on a weekly basis from he  was 10  have the emotional capacity to form any opinion to make such a decision. You're a twisted man Tony. A very sad, twisted man. If that is what you see as a valid question then there is only one place that your beloved God will have you....biting in hell with the rest of your ilk. You are a child abuse apologist. Simple as that

smelmoth

There is something in us that makes us human. We have compassion and empathy and we look out for one another.

Having read this:

We know that whatever that human quality is Tony just doesn't have it. He is lesser. Put it another way he is a Cnut.

I know that means I committing the ad hominem crime but the vile, hateful excrement that this individual spouts confines him to the realm of the sub-human

tonto1888

Never. What a horrible thing to say and just goes to show you for what you are

Orior

No, you cannot lay any blame on the victims. That is just wrong.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

quit yo jibbajabba

So am i right in saying Fearon blamed the parents in the Brady saga and now the victims in this one. Just to be clear?

Youre either a wum or a **** of the highest order. Either way youre a **** i suppose

theskull1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Colleen_Stan#Imprisonment

Read this Fearon.

Stan said that her faith in God and belief of escape helped her survive;[15] her greatest fear was of "The Company", which Cameron "reinforced" daily.[16] To avoid painful punishments, Stan tried to comply with his commandments,[17] which later led to her being allowed to go out to jog, work in the yard, and care for the family's children in the mobile home. Even with an open door, neighbors and a telephone, she made no attempt to escape as—according to Stan—her fear of "The Company" kept her from seeking help.[18] Additionally, Stan was allowed to visit her family by herself in 1981[12] but did not reveal her situation because of her fear and the possible consequences.[12] Her family thought she was involved in a cult because of her homemade clothes, lack of money and absence of communications over the years; they did not want to pressure her fearing she would go away forever. The next day, Stan returned with Hooker as her boyfriend.[12] At the trial Stan explained that she was happy due to visiting her family, who were therefore able to take a photograph of the pair happily smiling together.[19]
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

TabClear

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 01, 2018, 07:10:43 PM

Never. What a horrible thing to say and just goes to show you for what you are

That I had to reread that even knowing it was Fearon who typed it says it all. You have come out with some sick, despicable comments on here but that is pathetic. sc**bag