Started by Kingdom37, March 02, 2020, 07:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on February 10, 2021, 03:02:37 PM
Quote from: Taylor on February 10, 2021, 02:29:51 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 10, 2021, 01:21:52 PM
Quote from: five points on February 10, 2021, 12:34:17 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 10, 2021, 12:24:38 PM
MacKenna has completely lost the run of himself. It also interesting to see Parkinson go full Gemma O'Doherty as well. Once Joe.ie goes bang he'll be completely unemployable.

Ireland, where if you honestly express opinions on current and social affairs, you risk career and financial ruin. And where if you always tell them what they want to hear, you'll be a made man.

What a kip.
If you're going to publicly express opinions on current and social affairs, it's good to be in some way informed about what you're talking about rather than a total bullshitter and a neanderthal loudmouth like Parkinson

MacKenna is little better

They use their platforms squarely to corrupt and dumb down public debate and create profile for themselves, hoping to coin it in from online grifting

The pile on attempt by them against Maire Treasa Ni Cheallaigh is just the latest example of how thy have used their platforms in a despicable way

They deserve every bit of criticism and professional consequences that happen them

Irresponsible actions carry consequences, that's the very essence of personal responsibility

I think that is the key point - if they had any shred of knowledge on the subject or indeed they were using their platform for the good of the people then fair play but it is clear they arent.

Its all about increasing profile to make €€€€ from other peoples confusion/misery

That's a very subjective viewpoint of it.

Anyone who talks about the consequences of lockdowns is quickly shouted over by the dogmatic tones in the posts above. We should be having a discussion about the greater good, instead we just have Covid roared at us by a baying mob.
But literally nobody says lockdowns don't have consequences - most people see they are necessary and the least worst option in a particular situation

It is the opening up from lockdown without any plan that has us where we are - back into lockdown

Long term strategy has been poo-pooed, ridiculed at every stage - this is the ideology of the idiot

Those who advocate an end to lockdown now also have no handle whatsoever on how this will affect the population, they have no handle on psychology

Much or most of the population is scared, and with good reason

They will be much more scared than they already are in a let it rip situation where the virus is rampant - Ireland let it rip from December 1st - and that was not even with full opening - it was limited opening - and by December 25th, we were up to our neck in shit, with the population demanding Level 5 - why? - because they were petrified - and rightly so

You can't wish a pandemic away - you have to have a PLAN

At every stage the anti-lockdown crackpots have rejected plans and rejected long term strategy

By this stage, it is clear this is a matter of dogma, abhorrent ideology, and just plain ignorance

Angelo

Quote from: screenexile on February 10, 2021, 03:04:33 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 10, 2021, 02:10:35 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 10, 2021, 02:01:27 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 10, 2021, 01:31:50 PM
MacKenna has completely lost the run of himself. It also interesting to see Parkinson go full Gemma O'Doherty as well. Once Joe.ie goes bang he'll be completely unemployable.

Ireland, where if you honestly express opinions on current and social affairs, you risk career and financial ruin. And where if you always tell them what they want to hear, you'll be a made man.

What a kip.
If you're going to publicly express opinions on current and social affairs, it's good to be in some way informed about what you're talking about rather than a total bullshitter and a neanderthal loudmouth like Parkinson

They use their platforms squarely to corrupt and dumb down public debate and create profile for themselves, hoping to coin it in from online grifting

The pile on attempt by them against Maire Treasa Ni Cheallaigh is just the latest example of how thy have used their platforms in a despicable way

They deserve every bit of criticism and professional consequences that happen them

Irresponsible actions carry consequences, that's the very essence of personal responsibility

You're letting your dogmatic tendencies out of the bag.

All you want to do is shout people down who disagree with you.

And you're using half quotes trying to pass them off as facts!

Nope I'm reporting what Swann said and it shows the type of hysteria elected officials are falsely creating over this.

Some people seem to be a bit slow to realise this.

He said if we did nothing there could "possibly" be 15,000 deaths and you're trying to pass it off as if that was his minimum number including all the restrictions which is just flat out wrong!!

That's not even considering that his initial statement said 9,000 and when pushed he said it could be up to 15,000 if there were no restrictions in place.

You've been found out using half truths again!!

Hold on now. Nowhere did I ever mention minimum, they are your words trying to misrepresent my words. Robin Swann said there could be 15k deaths in the first wave.

That statement was proven to be complete and utter scaremongering of the highest degree and a million miles off, so not only are you trying to deny history, you are also attempting to put words in my mouth that I have never said.

If you feel the need to spread fibs to pedal your agenda then I think that says a lot about how flimsy your argument is.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

five points

Quote from: screenexile on February 10, 2021, 03:09:40 PM
You presume politicians and the medical community don't know the consequences of lockdown...

I've yet to meet anybody happy with the situation but we believe that by doing this now it will save the lives of the older people in the population. Lads like you pretending that we want to ruin everyones lives and half quoting people do not help the situation.

You accused me earlier of not having been affected by Covid. I lost a beloved relative to it last year. She had been infected while in hospital for another ailment, because the hospital had insufficient PPE. This was at a time when you could buy any number of masks in Lidl.

I don't trust the people who caused her to die in agony. They're more interested in covering their backsides than in saving lives. And when this is all over and the cancer wards are full with people who should have been treated last year but weren't, these people will be still running the show and still evading the consequences of their actions.

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on February 10, 2021, 03:16:42 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 10, 2021, 03:02:37 PM
Quote from: Taylor on February 10, 2021, 02:29:51 PM

What a kip.

I think that is the key point - if they had any shred of knowledge on the subject or indeed they were using their platform for the good of the people then fair play but it is clear they arent.

Its all about increasing profile to make €€€€ from other peoples confusion/misery

That's a very subjective viewpoint of it.

Anyone who talks about the consequences of lockdowns is quickly shouted over by the dogmatic tones in the posts above. We should be having a discussion about the greater good, instead we just have Covid roared at us by a baying mob.
But literally nobody says lockdowns don't have consequences - most people see they are necessary and the least worst option in a particular situation

It is the opening up from lockdown without any plan that has us where we are - back into lockdown

Long term strategy has been poo-pooed, ridiculed at every stage - this is the ideology of the idiot

Those who advocate an end to lockdown now also have no handle whatsoever on how this will affect the population, they have no handle on psychology

Much or most of the population is scared, and with good reason

They will be much more scared than they already are in a let it rip situation where the virus is rampant - Ireland let it rip from December 1st - and that was not even with full opening - it was limited opening - and by December 25th, we were up to our neck in shit, with the population demanding Level 5 - why? - because they were petrified - and rightly so

You can't wish a pandemic away - you have to have a PLAN

At every stage the anti-lockdown crackpots have rejected plans and rejected long term strategy

By this stage, it is clear this is a matter of dogma, abhorrent ideology, and just plain ignorance

There's a good reason why they are scared, the absolutely off the scale predictions that were made by the so called experts and level of deaths.

If you are under 40 you ought to be more scared about the next time you sit into a car or get behind the wheel as you have a greater chance of being killed by that than Covid - even when Covid is rampant. If you are in the 40-60 category, again your chances are very low. After that your vulnerability rises in accordance to the your age and health.

We were able to operate with minimal Covid from early Jun - end Sept with reasonable restrictions in place. The consequences of lockdowns are widespread, they will have far reaching and long term consequences - we are going to feel the effect so of them for decades financially, god knows what impact it will have on kids growing up in these times and their social development and education.

I cannot get the two faced reaction to Covid and flu. In January 2018 we had record death tolls in the north in a bad winter flu season and when I bring this up I am met with complete derision from the most fanatical of pro-lockdown people. Is absolutely incredible how they can dismiss the vast number of people who died in that month with flu cited by experts at the main cause of the spike in death, a figure Covid has not met yet they will justify the measures taken to fight Covid. It's rank hypocrisy.

sid waddell

No, the reason they are scared is because Covid is a killer, ultra-transmissible disease which has laid waste to people in large numbers even in a lockdown situation

When it is allowed spread, it has proven to be a disaster for the country

Fear is therefore entirely rational and justified

You are living in a land of make believe and have decided to enter a mind space which involves the wholesale rejection of reality and the belief that you know everything, even about something about which you are demonstrably clueless

Therefore there is simply no arguing with you, you are totally irrational

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on February 10, 2021, 03:39:59 PM
No, the reason they are scared is because Covid is a killer, ultra-transmissible disease which has laid waste to people in large numbers even in a lockdown situation

You are living in a land of make believe and have decided to enter a mind space which involves the wholesale rejection of reality and the belief that you know everything, even about something about which you are demonstrably clueless

A killer to who?

If you are vulnerable or over the age of 60, you do have cause to be scared.

If you are under the age of 60 and not vulnerable then you should be much more scared about getting into a motor vehicle as you are statistically more likely to die.

60%+ of deaths are over the age of 80, 93% have underlying health conditions.

clarshack

Quote from: Angelo on February 10, 2021, 03:45:30 PM

A killer to who?

If you are under the age of 60 and not vulnerable then you should be much more scared about getting into a motor vehicle as you are statistically more likely to die.

Considering a lot of vehicles that are on the road atm haven't passed an MOT in a long time that stat would be very true.

dublin7

Quote from: clarshack on February 10, 2021, 04:19:32 PM

A killer to who?

Considering a lot of vehicles that are on the road atm haven't passed an MOT in a long time that stat would be very true.

If you are under 60 and get into a car with your parents you can drive home safely, but at the same time pass on covid to them which could potentially prove fatal to them. That is why people under 60 should get the vaccine. Not for fear for themselves but for what they could pass on to the more vulnerable.

I watched some of the primetime show on the RTE player at lunch time and that scared me far more than ever getting into anybody's car.

five points

Quote from: dublin7 on February 10, 2021, 04:25:49 PM

If you are under 60 and get into a car with your parents you can drive home safely, but at the same time pass on covid to them which could potentially prove fatal to them. That is why people under 60 should get the vaccine. Not for fear for themselves but for what they could pass on to the more vulnerable.

He's talking about getting into a car and getting killed on the road, not dying from Covid.

11 months into this, there is no reason for any of us to be passing on Covid to our parents or other vulnerable relatives.

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on February 10, 2021, 04:25:49 PM
Quote from: clarshack on February 10, 2021, 04:19:32 PM

A killer to who?

I watched some of the primetime show on the RTE player at lunch time and that scared me far more than ever getting into anybody's car.

Well this post should win dumbest post of the day.

What vaccine prevents people from contracting and spreading the virus?

Maybe if RTE did a snuff piece on road traffic accidents, the shrewn wreckage and mangled corpses of fit and healthy young men and women then that might scare you too.

Every year over 1m people die from road traffic accidents globally, why do we tolerate this?

PadraicHenryPearse

where is your outrage at this road deaths im 2018 angelo?? did you not care then. show me the posts!!!

Angelo

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 10, 2021, 04:45:02 PM
where is your outrage at this road deaths im 2018 angelo?? did you not care then. show me the posts!!!

You're the one who needs to show outrage here, not me. I'm not the one saying its alright for people to die from road traffic accidents but not from Covid

I'm not the one saying it's acceptable that over 1m people die from road traffic accidents annually (mostly fit and healthy young people) while conversely saying that everyone should give up their lives, their jobs, their financial security, their friendship, their social life, their hobbies and their daily interactions for a virus that it is of very little threat to 80% of the population.

Now tell me why you think it's ok for people to die from road traffic accidents but not Covid. Why do we take half measure on road traffic accidents but ask people to give their lives up for Covid?

PadraicHenryPearse

angelo, i am using your logic. If you have not posted outrage at over 1m road deaths previously then you are accepting it is ok for 1m road deaths. that is your logic. show me the posts that you made previously showing outrage at 1m road deaths. if you cannot show these posts by yoir logic you are happy to accept 1m road deaths a year.

i dont think its ok for people to die from road accidents. what half measures are you referring too? what is your solution to prevent road deaths? sorry i forgot you are ok with 1m road deaths.

Angelo

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 10, 2021, 05:01:58 PM
angelo, i am using your logic. If you have not posted outrage at over 1m road deaths previously then you are accepting it is ok for 1m road deaths. that is your logic. show me the posts that you made previously showing outrage at 1m road deaths. if you cannot show these posts by yoir logic you are happy to accept 1m road deaths a year.

i dont think its ok for people to die from road accidents. what half measures are you referring too? what is your solution to prevent road deaths? sorry i forgot you are ok with 1m road deaths.

If you don't think it's ok for road accidents then why do we accept them?

Why don't we ban travel and hand out fine to people who are not on the road for essential trips?
Why don't we chip cars so they can't travel at excessive speeds?
Why didn't we drive the working from home initiative to save lives from road deaths?

Instead we take half measures on road deaths. Road deaths are going to kill more fit and healthy people every year than Covid will but we are happy to accept that through optics like wearing your seatbelt and penalty points.

On the other hand we full on Mad Max on Covid, you are not allowed go to work, visit family or friends, play sports, socialise etc.

How many people who die in road traffic accidents every year had underlying health conditions or were over the age of 80?

If you can't see the hypocrisy in your stance then you really need to open your eyes.

Why don't we ban alcohol and the amount of deaths and social ills it causes every year? Needless death and waste of resources spent every year on the ills of alcohol, not only do we not allow it, we enable and promote it.

The hypocrisy on Covid is shocking, we only care about one cause of death, a cause of death that is little threat to people who are young and in good health.

PadraicHenryPearse

based on that response and being unable to produce previous posts reagarding your outrage at road deaths you (angelo) accept 1m road deaths? is that correct?

you accept the half measures?