Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 30, 2020, 07:37:51 AM
Quote from: ned on May 30, 2020, 06:20:10 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 30, 2020, 12:55:59 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 30, 2020, 12:30:28 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 30, 2020, 12:21:07 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 30, 2020, 12:17:27 AM
Bunker probably needs to get out in the good weather for a while.

I have no worry about getting out! I've been out and working these last 10 weeks! I see first hand every day the double standards!
I trust you're getting paid for what you do?
So why be stressing yourself worrying about others then?
Remember the Gospel story about those that only worked for the last hour getting paid as much as those hired earlier?
Relax and enjoy the good weather, the cleanegcair, cleaner rivers and streams, the greeness etc and be positive.

I am paid for what I do! Do you think worker should get paid a full wage for less than a full weeks work? Do you care? Do you think it matters? Do you think there will be an incentive for these workers to return to work? I mean what fool would go back to work if they get the same wages for doing virtually nothing?

That's a very generalised view.
Would you have chosen not to work through this?
Most didn't have a choice. Lots of workers will probably go back to less hours and less money. Or may not have a job. Some may be fucked financially.
I've heard comment from someone complaining that while they work their taxes are paying for the furlough scheme. A very right wing view.

In fairness, that is true.

Let's be very clear here. As he's shown before, Bunker is simply pissed off that people who can't (and those who won't) are getting paid while he had to continue to work. He has lost nothing.

In the past he has been out of work and claimed the dole. Somehow here he thinks this is different and that he's being hard done by. Not losing your job and being in a position to earn through all of this is somehow unfair him.

Square Ball

Stuck the radio on and Colin Murray was on and he and his guest were talking about research into Coronavirus and the new understanding they are gaining on it everyday.

Now a lot may already know this, I diddnt. in a number of cases It's not the virus that kills you, its an over reaction of your bodies immune system called a Cyrokine Storm.

Currently they are analysing individual daily taken patients blood samples to see if they can understand  what started this storm and  to see what treatment worked, or diddnt work for them, ie, oxygen, different drugs, drug concoctions, or using Remdesivir, etc. This understanding should lead to quicker and more effective treatment of could result in some patients not needing hospitalisation.

cytokine storm (SY-toh-kine ...)
A severe immune reaction in which the body releases too many cytokines into the blood too quickly. Cytokines play an important role in normal immune responses, but having a large amount of them released in the body all at once can be harmful. A cytokine storm can occur as a result of an infection, autoimmune condition, or other disease. It may also occur after treatment with some types of immunotherapy. Signs and symptoms include high fever, inflammation (redness and swelling), and severe fatigue and nausea. Sometimes, a cytokine storm may be severe or life threatening and lead to multiple organ failure. Also called hypercytokinemia.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

dublin7

Quote from: Olly on May 29, 2020, 08:15:14 PM
How do you think we'll remember the coronavirus? I think it'll be a time when we grew to hate each other even more.

At the start it felt like we were all in this together and the politicians were happy to let the experts such as Tony Holohan lead the way. Now that things seem to be improving the same politicians are going back to their cowardly ways and leaking stories to the media, grandstanding and trying to take over as they don't seem to like the idea of not being in charge anymore.

Whatever about teachers still getting paid it shows how the far the politicians are in the pockets of the unions that not one has come out to say the 2% pay rise can't be applied this year.

We have lost tens of millions in tax income, had to pay out tens of millions in umemloyment/Covid 19 benefits and the unemployment levels are at record levels yet the Public Sector Unions are insisting the pay rise be implemented. It's insane and yet it probably will happen

From the Bunker

Quote from: gallsman on May 30, 2020, 04:01:19 PM

I have no worry about getting out! I've been out and working these last 10 weeks! I see first hand every day the double standards!
Remember the Gospel story about those that only worked for the last hour getting paid as much as those hired earlier?
Relax and enjoy the good weather, the cleanegcair, cleaner rivers and streams, the greeness etc and be positive.

I am paid for what I do! Do you think worker should get paid a full wage for less than a full weeks work? Do you care? Do you think it matters? Do you think there will be an incentive for these workers to return to work? I mean what fool would go back to work if they get the same wages for doing virtually nothing?

Most didn't have a choice. Lots of workers will probably go back to less hours and less money. Or may not have a job. Some may be fucked financially.
I've heard comment from someone complaining that while they work their taxes are paying for the furlough scheme. A very right wing view.

Let's be very clear here. As he's shown before, Bunker is simply pissed off that people who can't (and those who won't) are getting paid while he had to continue to work. He has lost nothing.

In the past he has been out of work and claimed the dole. Somehow here he thinks this is different and that he's being hard done by. Not losing your job and being in a position to earn through all of this is somehow unfair him.

I've never been paid a full wage for doing relatively nothing in both those circumstances. If there is no work for teachers they should be on the €350 like everyone else. Why not?

As for losing nothing! I'll be well taxed to the hilt when this all comes to a halt! Some one has to pay for it! Working through all this will have been of little or no benefit! Once again why do shopkeepers and the like have to work and teachers get a free pass?

delgany

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 30, 2020, 05:06:07 PM

I've never been paid a full wage for doing relatively nothing in both those circumstances. If there is no work for teachers they should be on the €350 like everyone else. Why not?

As for losing nothing! I'll be well taxed to the hilt when this all comes to a halt! Some one has to pay for it! Working through all this will have been of little or no benefit! Once again why do shopkeepers and the like have to work and teachers get a free pass?

delgany

I'm sure the teachers aren't paying income tax or contributions either......

Rossfan

Dublin 7 jumping on the new 2020 version of bash public service workers by stopping their agreed payrise.
Shine lights and clap hands but don't pay the fkrs!!
Young FG upper class won't be getting their way on this one.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: delgany on May 30, 2020, 05:17:43 PM

The difference is i will have worked 6 months more to pay my taxes! Anyway enjoy the long holiday to September. There will be a lot of pissed off Parents to contend with when you return.

armaghniac

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 30, 2020, 06:24:31 PM
The difference is i will have worked 6 months more to pay my taxes! Anyway enjoy the long holiday to September. There will be a lot of pissed off Parents to contend with when you return.

Presumably, in the meantime, all these parents will be behaving in a manner not likely to spread the virus then.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Olly

My mate's uncle's wife is a teacher and she apparently gets up at 10am, makes coffee and logs on for 15 minutes and tells pupils to keep her lit and then heads back to bed and is half cut by 3pm every day.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

delgany

I think you ll find that teachers will have been working from home , supervising key workers children for about 70 working days to the end of June. They are not contracted to work in July and August.

Farrandeelin

Who will the pissed off parents be pissed off with? Did you raise your concerns regards the half-arsed teacher to the principal or just rant here Bunker? 6 more deaths today RIP.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: delgany on May 30, 2020, 07:30:01 PM

I think you ll find that teachers will have been working from home , supervising key workers children for about 70 working days to the end of June. They are not contracted to work in July and August.

Working from home! Don't make me laugh! Doing what? Really, what are they doing?

Look in fairness if I was on full pay for doing nothing - I'd be laughing at all those out there keeping the economy going.

Olly

The downside though is that teachers will have to head back to work after 6 months off and that will be tough etc.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Olly on May 30, 2020, 08:42:03 PM
The downside though is that teachers will have to head back to work after 6 months off and that will be tough etc.
h
I often thought Olly that teaching would be a great job entirely if only you could get rid of the bloody kids!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi