26 County General Election 2020

Started by Snapchap, January 09, 2020, 06:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be makeup of the next government?

FF/SD/Lab/Green
FG/SD/Lab/Green
FG/FF
FF/Green
FG/Independents
FG/Independents
FG/Green
FF/SF
FF/Green/Independents
FF Minority
FG Minority
FG/SF
FF/Lab/Green
FF/Lab
FF/Lab/Green/Independents

Angelo

Quote from: five points on July 13, 2020, 10:41:04 AM
Quote from: Angelo on July 13, 2020, 10:37:18 AM
Quote from: five points on July 13, 2020, 10:34:20 AM
Quote from: Angelo on July 13, 2020, 10:32:28 AM

How would releasing an independent report carried out at the time prejudice a trial?

You'll have to answer that yourself. It is a possibility.

That's the reasoning you gave and you can't even stand behind it. Just sums up your double standards.

It's a statement of fact FFS. A defective report if published in the public domain could mess up an entire prosecution case. Look at the mess of the Guerin report into Garda corruption.  No prosecution case would survive a similar shambles.

Utterly, utterly absurd.

It's an independent Garda report into the killing of McAnespie that was conducted at the time. It is absolutely vital that is released and heard and the McAnespie family and their legal team are desperate for it to be released. Do you think their legal team want to mess up the prosecution?

You really are a special type of halfwit.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

five points

Quote from: Angelo on July 13, 2020, 10:48:27 AM

Utterly, utterly absurd.

It's an independent Garda report into the killing of McAnespie that was conducted at the time. It is absolutely vital that is released and heard and the McAnespie family and their legal team are desperate for it to be released. Do you think their legal team want to mess up the prosecution?

That's ok if you want it that way but I am not going down the road of insulting you.

You can debate this with yourself and find out your answers yourself.

Angelo

Quote from: five points on July 13, 2020, 11:01:41 AM

Utterly, utterly absurd.

That's ok if you want it that way but I am not going down the road of insulting you.

I'm not insulting you. I'm just drawing light to your idiotic comments which you are explaining, idiotically.

five points

Quote from: Angelo on July 13, 2020, 11:22:05 AM
Quote from: five points on July 13, 2020, 11:01:41 AM

Utterly, utterly absurd.

I'm not insulting you. I'm just drawing light to your idiotic comments which you are explaining, idiotically.

Itchy

Quote from: hardstation on July 13, 2020, 11:26:31 AM
Quote from: five points on July 13, 2020, 10:30:48 AM
Quote from: hardstation on July 13, 2020, 10:28:08 AM

To be fair, I don't think the question has been answered at all. The question, as far as I am reading, is why do they refuse to release the report (therefore helping to cover up state sponsored murder....)?

I don't know
I'd say that was enough.

I think if it didnt implicate the Gardai/government or their friends north of the border in something that doesnt smell good it would have been released. Protecting them is more important than getting justice for Aidan McAnespie. And that is why it is hypocrisy for the media to drag up one murder and ignore another. Anyone with half a brain knows that the southern media were out to stop Sinn Fein and were ably supplied with information by FF/FG TD.

Just like Thomas Byrne squealed on his colleage Barry Cowen to the Indo like a petulant child, a story that no southern media outlets seems to have picked up at all - how strange!

five points

Quote from: Itchy on July 13, 2020, 11:32:48 AM
Just like Thomas Byrne squealed on his colleage Barry Cowen to the Indo like a petulant child, a story that no southern media outlets seems to have picked up at all - how strange!
Not strange at all, just a reflection of our defamation laws.

Angelo

Quote from: five points on July 13, 2020, 11:38:06 AM

They have no problems rolling the dice on defamation laws when it comes to SF.

Rossfan

You might give is a few real examples please ?

And try and avoid the use of the obsolete term "free state".
That was abolished in 1937 and is usually only used by Northern extremists lecturing the people they claim they want to unite with.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on July 13, 2020, 12:14:32 PM

That was abolished in 1937 and is usually only used by Northern extremists lecturing the people they claim they want to unite with.
+1
'nuff said!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Angelo

Quote from: Rossfan on July 13, 2020, 12:14:32 PM

Real examples of what?

It's the free state to me. Partitionists like yourself might not understand that republicans will view the two states on this island as illegitimate.

Itchy

Quote from: five points on July 13, 2020, 11:38:06 AM

Its not defamation to report what one of Thomas Byrnes activists put up on twitter hence putting it into the public domain. But sure you know that well.

Rossfan

So Angelo Sinn Féin and Aontú arent"republicans" then?
They stand for election to and take their seats in Dáil and Assembly.
I trust those "republicans" who view the 26 and 6 as being "illegitimate" don't use any of the States' facilities like schools or take pensions or Social welfare etc from such bodies.

I take it you haven't heard of the GFA or the referendums held afterwards to endorse it?

I asked you for examples of media defaming Sinn Féin as you said they have no problem doing so.

Can't help wondering have you finished primary school yet?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

five points

Quote from: Itchy on July 13, 2020, 01:39:36 PM

Its not defamation to report what one of Thomas Byrnes activists put up on twitter hence putting it into the public domain.

It might well be if the allegation turns out to be false, does irrecoverable harm to Byrne's career or reputation and that harm is shown to have been magnified by a media outlet publishing it without adequate verification.

But sure you know that well.

No, IANAL and never claim to be such.

Angelo

Quote from: five points on July 13, 2020, 02:17:00 PM

Its not defamation to report what one of Thomas Byrnes activists put up on twitter hence putting it into the public domain.

It might well be if the allegation turns out to be false, does irrecoverable harm to Byrne's career or reputation and that harm is shown to have been magnified by a media outlet publishing it without adequate verification.

But sure you know that well.

No, IANAL and never claim to be such.

Defamation laws have never bothered them running stories about SF politicians. So why should it it they are FF or FG.

The Grace case involving Michael Noonan was swept away without a dickie bird. The allegations there are absolutely scandalous but the media have no interest in it. Why?