Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

ThatManJimmyMagee

he was shite nifan, he was shite. got over ran by Robson whom subsequently was taken off to a chorus of boos and allowed Nakamura to saunter right through the centre and nab one from 35 yards!

keeper should have saved it, even though it was moving in the air it wasnt very fiercely struck!

lfdown2

Celtic midfielder Shunsuke Nakamura unleashes an unstoppable swerving shot past Allan McGregor, as Steven Davis looks on

nifan

Quote from: ThatManJimmyMagee on April 17, 2008, 11:21:41 AM
he was shite nifan, he was shite. got over ran by Robson whom subsequently was taken off to a chorus of boos and allowed Nakamura to saunter right through the centre and nab one from 35 yards!

keeper should have saved it, even though it was moving in the air it wasnt very fiercely struck!

Fair enough - his name isnt really appearing much on any reports im seeing - apart from the herald giving him a 7!
Thought he was very good in the last OF game and had hoped for more of the same.

Main Street

For those you can't get the BBC highlights.
Naka's  brilliant goal executed with sublime technique of the highest order.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWpmNFljKTE
Anyone can see how he shaped his body to hit the ball with the outside of his left foot.
Looks like it bent 1m.to the right, then 5m to the left
Had the goalkeeper going one way then the other.

Nakas shot to win the penalty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P4SftBs6Nc&feature=related

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 17, 2008, 11:16:58 AM
Jaysus lads, it was a chance, I was screaming at him to take a shot when it opened up for him. Barry Robson had a couple of them in the second half too I felt that he should have gambled on. Speaking of which I couldn't believe that he was hauled ashore, one of our best players on the night. We had Hartley, Caldwell and Mick marking one man, yet WGS decided to take off our attacking midfielder who was well up for it. WGS got out of jail on the night, too slow to make changes, Samaras should have been on earlier for either Hartley or Caldwell. Would love to know what sparked off de mini riot at the end, would have to echo the fact that there was no problem in the previous 4 games at taking defeat. If there is suspensions it'll work in the Celts favour, get Bobo back in the center, no nonsense defending, clean sheets and leave de attacking to the fullbacks up. The wheels could come off the Rankers wagon yet...

One question, why is our dead ball expert not our penalty taker???

maybe as he was on a yellow and GS decided that his abrasive game could allow the ref to 'even things up' by sending him off
so on that front I thought it was ok to take him off, but he was having a stormer all the same. Back to his Dundee utd form.
Hartley was good too.
Celtic did run out of ideas , but the prob was the slow build up from the back. Samaras should have been on earlier. I'd have went with back three - and taken wilson off again.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: nifan on April 17, 2008, 11:18:33 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 17, 2008, 10:27:06 AM
as for Davis, the only comment that I will reply with to be as kind as possible, you didnt see enough of him to really fomulate an opinion...

Where rangers playing a long ball game - i saw one report saying that they where pumping the ball forward and failing to run at celtic?
he looks like a fit lad that can cover ground, and prob gets his ratings based on defensive work. I had thought he used to be an attacking midfielder ?
Never having seen him play before or not really noticing him, I dont actually know. Just from mem of reports.
Rangers have a packed midfield and offered nothing going forward. They strung passes together well in the middle of the second half when 1-1 with 5 men against 4 in the centre, it proved easy enough to do and looked good, but after that, they never really looked like scoring.
A few on both sides slipped a lot last night, whtever studs being used clearly not up to it. Not too good when the Celtic defense is porous at the best of times.
Rangers gameplan certainly didnt help showcase any talent davis may have, apart from athleticism and getting to the man with the ball and body behind the ball.

clarshack

because he is just like beckham - brilliant at free kicks but sh*t at penalties.

ThatManJimmyMagee

he's also crap at corners, Robsons corner taking is 2nd to none - whips them in with pace and accuracy. Nakamura floats his in and sometimes he puts the ball wide before even reaching the box!

T Fearon

What price now those three points squandered at home to Motherwell recently?

We have many reasons to be optimistic. Smith is not too hot when under pressure, he couldn't hack it at Everton and couldn't hack it in the 1990's when in the one season when Wim's Tim's did take the challenge right to the wire in 1997/98 and wonm oou in the end. He's ok when the Huns are cantering to the title pressure free as was the case throughout the 1990'S mostly. Also the Huns  have to go to Easter Road and Pittodrie in the run in as well, so all is far from lost ;D

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: T Fearon on April 17, 2008, 12:36:53 PMAlso the Huns  have to go to Easter Road and Pittodrie in the run in as well, so all is far from lost ;D

6 points for Rangers then?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 17, 2008, 11:40:04 AM
Jaysus lads, it was a chance, I was screaming at him to take a shot when it opened up for him. Barry Robson had a couple of them in the second half too I felt that he should have gambled on. Speaking of which I couldn't believe that he was hauled ashore, one of our best players on the night. We had Hartley, Caldwell and Mick marking one man, yet WGS decided to take off our attacking midfielder who was well up for it. WGS got out of jail on the night, too slow to make changes, Samaras should have been on earlier for either Hartley or Caldwell. Would love to know what sparked off de mini riot at the end, would have to echo the fact that there was no problem in the previous 4 games at taking defeat. If there is suspensions it'll work in the Celts favour, get Bobo back in the center, no nonsense defending, clean sheets and leave de attacking to the fullbacks up. The wheels could come off the Rankers wagon yet...

maybe as he was on a yellow and GS decided that his abrasive game could allow the ref to 'even things up' by sending him off
so on that front I thought it was ok to take him off, but he was having a stormer all the same. Back to his Dundee utd form.
Hartley was good too.
Celtic did run out of ideas , but the prob was the slow build up from the back. Samaras should have been on earlier. I'd have went with back three - and taken wilson off again.

Jaysus if he was to take anyone off on a yellow it should have been JVOH, looked like he was lose his rag all night and if ur gonna earn a yellow at least make it count, not trip someone who is going nowhere fast... I actually thought Wilson was offering us more than Naylor, he sped by McGeady countless times and showed what we're missing at left back. Granted his delivery was brutal but at least he was trying.

Quote from: clarshack on April 17, 2008, 11:45:04 AM

because he is just like beckham - brilliant at free kicks but sh*t at penalties.

I think he's got a bit more composure than Beckham and even at free kicks looks to place the ball rather than blast and swerve it. Agree totally that Robson should be taking all the corners, great delivery and the moment in the box for corners last night was top class.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

full back

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 17, 2008, 02:28:55 PM
I think he's got a bit more composure than Beckham and even at free kicks looks to place the ball rather than blast and swerve it.

Oh FFS, dont tell me you are serious?
He scores a decent goal & you are having a w4nkfest over him
An average player in Scotland, a below average player anywhere else

ThatManJimmyMagee

Quote from: full back on April 17, 2008, 02:33:16 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 17, 2008, 02:28:55 PM
I think he's got a bit more composure than Beckham and even at free kicks looks to place the ball rather than blast and swerve it.

agreed, he's unbelievably weak which is just the way asian players are built. too easy ran off the ball and will never cut it at the top level. Beckham was no 'great' but he was a hell of a better player than Nakamura.

Main Street

Quote from: full back on April 17, 2008, 02:33:16 PM
When a full back :) who scores a goal every 3 seasons and it happens to be a screamer, you can safely say it was a one off.
When a very skilled player, a renowned dead ball expert, a scorer of some fantastic goals for his club and country, scores a sublime goal it is generally acknowledged as befitting his class. 

full back

Main st, croi was comparing him to Beckham  :D
Now, while Beckham isnt the best in the world Naka wouldnt even lace his boots