?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on February 14, 2008, 02:01:30 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 14, 2008, 01:35:45 PM
You would be seriously deluding yourself if you believed that a club like Celtic which has hardly the spending power of a team ranked bottom of the EPL is the 17th richest in the World.

'Deloitte's figures take into account income from ticket sales, merchandising and broadcasting contracts but do not include transfer revenues and does not calculate profitability'.

Considering that we get a fraction of the TV money that any team in the EPL gets, I think that 17th is a good start, given a "better" league with a higher profile, "a club like Celtic" with its massive fan base would be well up that list. More TV money, higher charging for advertising and merchandising etc...

Celtic don't have a "sugar daddy" pumping millions into them every so often, our balance sheet is very health at the minute, even with the constraints of playing in Scotland.

Yes, the 17th position is largely a reflection on the fan base. Profit from merchandise- season ticket sales are a lot less than the TV money paid out for just being in a league.
It's also a rare event that Celtic would make serious money selling a player on.

lynchbhoy

heres two crackers  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WTA82hGwuo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11rg826oMRI

also Aberdeen are a great club - they have a fantastic record of producing good players from their youth team and reserves.

Croí na hÉireann

:D Transfer deadline day at Ibrox is a classic

Go and get Samaras from Man City  :D
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

red hander

Who was the young kid (13) from downpatrick who was introduced recently at halftime at Celtic Park after signing schoolboy forms?   Apparently United and Arsenal were after him but he's a mad celt

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 15, 2008, 04:52:57 PM
heres two crackers  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WTA82hGwuo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11rg826oMRI

also Aberdeen are a great club - they have a fantastic record of producing good players from their youth team and reserves.

Fantastic Lynchbhoy, here's hoping for some of the same against the Jambo's.

Come on the Hoops - Celtic Abú
Tbc....

passedit

Last minute plea for assistance here. Heading to see the match very shortly, driving from edinburgh direction. Any good tips where to park?

Any ideas appreciated as i've never driven there before.

Don't Panic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Passedit, my advice would be to get the train, not sure of parking round Paradise, defo not on London Road.

Great performance today, clinical disposal of the Jambo's, McDonald and McGeady oh God it's great to watch.
Great preparation for Barca on Wednesday, the team have been playing with more confidence with every game since Christmas - bring on the Catalans!  8)
Tbc....

passedit

Drove in and got parked behind the Forge shopping centre no bother. Hearts were dung and if Hinkel is the answer i'm fcuked if i know what the question is.
Don't Panic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: passedit on February 18, 2008, 09:48:12 AM
Drove in and got parked behind the Forge shopping centre no bother. Hearts were dung and if Hinkel is the answer i'm fcuked if i know what the question is.

Right back maybe?  ::)

Hearts weren't "fantastic" - they did get beaten! but you cannot take anything away from that Celtic performance!
Granted the game went stale for a period in the middle, but the Celts played great, and Hinkels finish was outstanding.
Tbc....

passedit

I was thinking more 'What does milk turn quicker than?' GDA. If the Hearts no 11 was any use it couda been 3-3! that said Celtic were very good until they went 1-0 up. They then decided they were going to win at their ease (rightly) and switched off for too long. I spose weds was in the back of their minds somewhere. Samaras looked handy when he came on and from midfield up they were very good. I'd fear for that defence though.i
Don't Panic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: passedit on February 18, 2008, 10:46:15 AM
I was thinking more 'What does milk turn quicker than?' GDA. If the Hearts no 11 was any use it couda been 3-3! that said Celtic were very good until they went 1-0 up. They then decided they were going to win at their ease (rightly) and switched off for too long. I spose weds was in the back of their minds somewhere. Samaras looked handy when he came on and from midfield up they were very good. I'd fear for that defence though.i

When you mention Celtic and WGS you have to fear for the defense!
That said, have had quite a few shutouts recently, but against the likes of Barca, sloppy defending will be punished severely.
Hinkel will need a bit of time to settle in, your right about Samaras, looked good when he came on, seemingly Hutchinson will be quite handy as well, with Robson, we have someone who can replace the suspended Brown on Wednesday.

See Laporta says that we are the greatest supporters in the world.

Hail Hail
Tbc....

Muzz

Guys any word on who will show the match tomorrow night?  I know sky sports are showing it on interactive but NTL you cant use the Red Button.  RTE showing Man U (surprise surprise) and no games on ITV. 

Don't want to go to the pub to watch it - rather watch it in the house.

stiffler

Why do RTE show man utd games at every opportunity?

Surely the Celtic Barcelona match would attract a bigger audience that the Man Utd Lyon game?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

gaa.boy

Starting to get desperate now.
Does anybody know which channel is showing the game tonight?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: gaa.boy on February 20, 2008, 03:32:45 PM
Starting to get desperate now.
Does anybody know which channel is showing the game tonight?

Setanta Ireland
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...