The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: FL/MAYO on December 08, 2017, 03:32:15 AM
Quote from: stew on December 07, 2017, 09:07:49 AM
Quote from: heganboy on December 07, 2017, 04:41:35 AM
so, whitey, fox and stew, how did you qualify to get there?
I applied for a visa and poof! There it was.

It would be ironic if you guys got your visas due to the hard work and lobbying of illegal Irish immigrants living in the U.S during the 80's and early 90 's!

We applied and we got in, we did the thing right, we paid our taxes and worked our asses off two give out two girls every opportunity in life, which they took in spades, so I dont need the likes of you lecturing me on what I should have done or who I should have associated with thank you.

I did not want to go to the States, herself had a great job as a District nurse and I had my own thing going on for years before leaving Ireland for America, the house was bought and paid for and we were in great shape, the problem was the troubles got to us, we applied and got our visas and sold everything and left.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

FL/MAYO

Stew, I'm not lecturing you. What I'm trying to point out is that your stance on illegal immigrants is pretty extreme for a guy that might have been afforded one of the biggest breaks in his life due to the lobbying of illegal immigrants that where here before you.

stew

Quote from: FL/MAYO on December 08, 2017, 10:25:33 AM
Stew, I'm not lecturing you. What I'm trying to point out is that your stance on illegal immigrants is pretty extreme for a guy that might have been afforded one of the biggest breaks in his life due to the lobbying of illegal immigrants that where here before you.

I did not get a break, I married an American citizen who was born in New York but who moved to Newry when she was 2, I did not want to go because as I told her it would take us five years to get back to were we were and what we had built in Ireland, I was wrong, it took ten.

Getting in was easy for us obviously, the only reason we went was my sisters best mate was killed by loyalist tramps in Belfast, I knew her all of my life and it appalled me, I did not want to live here after that no matter how the family was doing, it completely sickened me, so we moved to the USA and never looked back.

I had two sisters who went the other route, I watched them struggle, I watched them live in fear and get taken advantage of by illegal aliens who happened to get there before them and I myself at one point took a lad in from Armagh, we had one rule, one rule he had to follow, absolutely no drugs in the house, he lived rent free and never so much put his hand in his pocket to buy a bite to eat for four months until he brought drugs into the house and the second time he did it I threw him out ta fcuk, proceeded to tell the irish community what assholes we were!I met him three months ago in the local, he came over and chatted as if nothing had happened,I let it go, normally I would have brought it up but I let it go because it was a long time ago and I realised he did me a favour, he got himself out of our lives and we learned a valuable lesson about trying to help people, we were much more selective going forward.

I did not happen to come by my opinions on illegal immigrants one day sitting on my duff, I formed it based on my observations over many years and many cultures and to my dying day I will never believe for one second that a person should be in a country that did not welcome them, America should tighten its borders, it should vet fully those who would come into the country as I and mine were vetted and they should not kick out illegals that are there at the moment unless they are felons, as for the rest, treat them with dignity and if they support themselves and can prove that over a period of time they should grant them legal status for three years, after that point if they pay their taxes and are upstanding people that enhance the area in which they live I believe they should be granted permanent residency.

As for anyone who came in illegally after Trump got in, they should be tossed out, the USA must draw a line in the sand somewhere and if people are in danger in their own country they should apply for visas that support political refugees and I would hope they would get them if their cause was real.

FL/MAYO

Stew, you were one of the lucky few that were allowed to come in here legally back then. Hundreds of thousands were not so lucky but they made it work through perseverance and stubbornness. Felons should be deported but the vast majority of illegal immigrants are law abiding people that contribute hugely to society. Many of the illegal Irish here back in the 80's became very successful people once they got their papers, some employing thousands of Americans citizens.
I have a friend who has a similar stance as you. He was living here illegally until 12 years ago, he married a U.S citizen and is now a police officer. He wants to deportations to begin ASAP.

stew

Quote from: FL/MAYO on December 08, 2017, 11:42:51 AM
Stew, you were one of the lucky few that were allowed to come in here legally back then. Hundreds of thousands were not so lucky but they made it work through perseverance and stubbornness. Felons should be deported but the vast majority of illegal immigrants are law abiding people that contribute hugely to society. Many of the illegal Irish here back in the 80's became very successful people once they got their papers, some employing thousands of Americans citizens.
I have a friend who has a similar stance as you. He was living here illegally until 12 years ago, he married a U.S citizen and is now a police officer. He wants to deportations to begin ASAP.

Deportations of who? Illegals in general or illegal felons? I hope it is the latter.

I have a tremendous problem with ripping families apart, to me you have to start somewhere, January the 20th or whenever this bullshit arttist became President seems as good as any to me, get rid of illegal felons across the board and grant amnesty to everyone else who was here prior to the inaugeration day of Trump who is working and fit to look after themselves, make them pay taxes and contribute to society and then grant them permanent status when they show they are responsible citizens in their community.

No matter what you do it is not going to be perfect, but you have to start somewhere!

stew

I was not lucky, I never wanted to be there in the first place, I would have been just as happy in England or Scotland to be honest, the place did not matter to me, it did to her, I would have preferred to stay local, funnily enough the one place I was adamant we not live in was the republic.

I was not lucky in any way on this, it placed a strain on us because I did not want to be there, nothing against the USA but I did not want to live there, as it turns out it was a brilliant move because I got to make the best friends I have ever had in some cases and my children got to grow up in a fantastic town amongst great people, I got to get paid for my lifes passion and have a wonderful job I loved as well and I got to see my children because beautiful, intelligent young women imbued with that inner confidence Americans seem to have in spades, i have no complaints other than I used to go to EVERY Armagh match and every Harps match, for many years, even as a married man and I missed that more than any of you can imagine, the nearest GFC to me was 200 mile away in Chicago and that sucked!

J70

I don't get it stew. You're talking here about amnesty and treating "upstanding" illegals with dignity, yet a few days ago you were ranting that ALL aspects of sanctuary city policies were immoral.

stew

Quote from: J70 on December 08, 2017, 12:24:15 PM
I don't get it stew. You're talking here about amnesty and treating "upstanding" illegals with dignity, yet a few days ago you were ranting that ALL aspects of sanctuary city policies were immoral.

They are immoral, I get one go at life, as do we all, I believe everyone deserves to be treated with dignity with the exception of paedos,bent politicians and terrorists!

Sanctuary cities are despicable, San Francisco just proved that, that does not mean that people who take advantage of the liberal dogshit policies of such cities should be treated in any other way than with dignity!

You liberals seem to think non like minded people are hrartless bastards! We are not, we just have different ideas on how issues should be handled.

Hope this answers your question.

J70

Quote from: stew on December 08, 2017, 12:31:26 PM

They are immoral, I get one go at life, as do we all, I believe everyone deserves to be treated with dignity with the exception of paedos,bent politicians and terrorists!

Sanctuary cities are despicable, San Francisco just proved that, that does not mean that people who take advantage of the liberal dogshit policies of such cities should be treated in any other way than with dignity!

You liberals seem to think non like minded people are hrartless b**tards! We are not, we just have different ideas on how issues should be handled.

Not really.

What you seem to be missing (whether deliberately or not) is that the whole raison d'etre of sanctuary city policies IS to treat illegals with dignity.

And San Francisco did not prove that sanctuary cities are despicable. It proved that, as with any policy on any topic, it can be taken too far. An idiotic, ideologically-based refusal to hold and turn over a felon who had been deported on multiple previous occasions is not the same thing as allowing someone to report a crime or cooperate with the cops or get help with a criminal, exploitive landlord without having their residency status investigated.

I see nothing noble or dignified in coercing "upstanding" illegal immigrants into living in fear of criminals and subject to exploitation and abuse all because they can't seek help or assist their families and friends in seeking help out of fear of being deported, often leaving their families behind.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: stew on December 08, 2017, 11:49:26 AM

Deportations of who? Illegals in general or illegal felons? I hope it is the latter.

I have a tremendous problem with ripping families apart, to me you have to start somewhere, January the 20th or whenever this bullshit arttist became President seems as good as any to me, get rid of illegal felons across the board and grant amnesty to everyone else who was here prior to the inaugeration day of Trump who is working and fit to look after themselves, make them pay taxes and contribute to society and then grant them permanent status when they show they are responsible citizens in their community.

No matter what you do it is not going to be perfect, but you have to start somewhere!

Yes all illegals, he voted for Trump as well. It's a head scratcher 😊

whitey

I see that Roy Moore's accuser is  now admitting she doctored the "inscription" to her Year book.....wow it took 3 weeks for her to admit that

CNN also had a major "correction" today

There's enough real fvckin $hit to report on.....why in Gods name are they making shit up and letting Trumps and Moore say I told you so

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 09, 2017, 01:26:16 AM
I see that Roy Moore's accuser is  now admitting she doctored the "inscription" to her Year book.....wow it took 3 weeks for her to admit that

There's enough real fvckin $hit to report on.....why in Gods name are they making shit up and letting Trumps and Moore say I told you so

Given that Moore wrote "Christmas 1977" and the other creepy stuff, with the (one of nine) accusers writing the location and actual date, I'm not sure how that helps him with any honest person, but I guess the average conspiracy-minded Republican will take that as read that it's all bullshit.

But let them enjoy their morally bankrupt short term win.

What did CNN do?

stew

Quote from: J70 on December 08, 2017, 12:49:09 PM
Quote from: stew on December 08, 2017, 12:31:26 PM

You liberals seem to think non like minded people are hrartless b**tards! We are not, we just have different ideas on how issues should be handled.

Not really.

What you seem to be missing (whether deliberately or not) is that the whole raison d'etre of sanctuary city policies IS to treat illegals with dignity.

That is bullshit, it has nothing to do with dignity and everything to do with garnering votes for one party over another, the lliberals dont give a shite about illegal aliens save for their voting potential.

And San Francisco did not prove that sanctuary cities are despicable. It proved that, as with any policy on any topic, it can be taken too far. An idiotic, ideologically-based refusal to hold and turn over a felon who had been deported on multiple previous occasions is not the same thing as allowing someone to report a crime or cooperate with the cops or get help with a criminal, exploitive landlord without having their residency status investigated.

I see nothing noble or dignified in coercing "upstanding" illegal immigrants into living in fear of criminals and subject to exploitation and abuse all because they can't seek help or assist their families and friends in seeking help out of fear of being deported, often leaving their families behind.

They put themselves in this situation, not a single republican grabbed a single one of them and forced them into exploitation and abuse, by enabling htem the democrats are allowing the exploitation and abuse to happen and all for their vote! Shame.

And dont play dumb with this shit about they canot go to the cops for fear of deportation! They have hotlines they can call to make that claim a nonsense, they simply choose not to.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 09, 2017, 12:31:07 PM

Given that Moore wrote "Christmas 1977" and the other creepy stuff, with the (one of nine) accusers writing the location and actual date, I'm not sure how that helps him with any honest person, but I guess the average conspiracy-minded Republican will take that as read that it's all bullshit.

What did CNN do?

So why have they (the accuser and Aldred) been lying for three weeks swearing up and down it was all Moore's handwriting?

Why didn't she explain on Day 1 that she had altered the inscription?

And the so called handwriting expert quoted in the WAPO said it was all original.

I also read somewhere that she also changed the timeline of events. Supposedly it now happened when she was 16 instead of 14.

For the Alabama voters, who were on the fence you have now injected just enough doubt for them to hold their nose and vote for Moore. This could be worth 5-10 points for Moore.

I'm sure that the Republicans who all of a sudden came out for Moore last week knew this was coming.  Don't be surprised if something else comes out that will favor Moore.

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 09, 2017, 01:14:55 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 09, 2017, 12:31:07 PM

What did CNN do?

So why have they (the accuser and Aldred) been lying for three weeks swearing up and down it was all Moore's handwriting?

Why didn't she explain on Day 1 that she had altered the inscription?

And the so called handwriting expert quoted in the WAPO said it was all original.

I also read somewhere that she also changed the timeline of events. Supposedly it now happened when she was 16 instead of 14.

For the Alabama voters, who were on the fence you have now injected just enough doubt for them to hold their nose and vote for Moore. This could be worth 5-10 points for Moore.

I'm sure that the Republicans who all of a sudden came out for Moore last week knew this was coming.  Don't be surprised if something else comes out that will favor Moore.

I've no idea why they lied. It's not as if the accusation wasn't strong to begin with or the truth wouldn't come out.

But, as I said this morning and a couple of weeks ago when we discussed this, I do not see how this gets Moore off the hook except with the willfully blind.

And the only reason the GOP in general have rowed back in behind Moore is that they're terrified of Trump and his base.

Good luck to them, they're selling their souls.