Radio Ulster

Started by Hereiam, February 20, 2018, 11:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Have give this excuse of a local radio station 6 months of listening in the mornings and evenings going to and from work. Have to say it definitely has an agenda on serving one side of the community with the line of questioning to the politicians. Had to switch it over this morning as i had enough, dont know the lads name doing the questioning this morning but he kept putting the line to a woman who was on talking about the release of monies for inquiries that stormont needs to be up and running for the release of these monies.
His questioning of Conor Murphy from SF and the SDLP for that matter, compared to the right Honorable p***k Jeff Donaldson was a clear indication of who they are promoting.

screenexile

Well the fact they have Jamie Bryson and Jim Allister on every other morning should tell you all you need to know!!!

BennyCake

The name of the station kinda gives it away which side they're on.

Milltown Row2

There are no sides ffs! all in your head. Sure Paisley was giving off for years about their agenda of attacking DUP.. It means feck all anyways, as people will vote regardless of whats said on those radio programs for their orange or green reps!

Hugo is the man, yes he is , with his wee buns and cuppa tea
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

Quote from: Hereiam on February 20, 2018, 11:17:11 AM

His questioning of Conor Murphy from SF and the SDLP for that matter, compared to the right Honorable p***k Jeff Donaldson was a clear indication of who they are promoting.
I don't agree that they are always that bad, but I do agree with your comments this morning (and I am no SF lover) - I heard Jeffrey and Conor Murphy on - two different interviewers.  Joel Taggart ffs was interviewing Jeffrey - I thought he was a sports guy who stood in the odd time but he has really dragged the quality down.  Chris Butler on Conor Murphy was also terrible.

BennyCake

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 20, 2018, 11:34:09 AM
There are no sides ffs! all in your head. Sure Paisley was giving off for years about their agenda of attacking DUP.. It means feck all anyways, as people will vote regardless of whats said on those radio programs for their orange or green reps!

Hugo is the man, yes he is , with his wee buns and cuppa tea

There is an underlying Brit agenda with the bbc and the TV/radio in the North. But it's hardly surprising when this is a british controlled statelet. They're hardly going to be pro-SF are they?

Recent example was the Haggerty case. Collusion up to the neck with queen Lizzie's forces all over the news. Next day, it's "oh look over here!"... Stakeknife!!! Typical diversion at the appropriate time from pro-Brit/unionist media.

Aristo 60

Ah Hugo. His brain teasers are great gas. I remember once a 50 mile journey just flew by trying to solve one. Forget what it was now. Something about tea and milk or something.

Can't see a list of any of them on the internet.

Rufus T Firefly

I would disagree totally about the perception of an agenda at the station, although I did not hear the discussion / interview this morning. If there was an issue this morning, then in my mind that is an exception.

I'm afraid - on the basis of listening in on my daily commute - Radio Ulster simply is not my cup of tea. Seamus McKee is particularly cringe worthy, especially as he perceives himself to be some sort of Jeremy Paxman!   ::) 

I will though make an honourable exception for Kerry McLean who has a lovely accent  :-* and plays great music. However the days of the towering Barry Cowan and David Dunseith on Talkback are now but distant memories of a glorious past.

Rossfan

Nice of them to include Cavan,  Donegal and Monaghan....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Snapchap

Talkback can be very good. Nolan however most certainly has a very clear agenda. I'd love to see some sort of statistical analysis of unionist/nationalist guests on his show. To my mind there are only four fully fledged regulars on his show - Jim Allister, Jamie Bryson, Nelson McCausland and Malachi O'Doherty. That tells you it all. Three of the most bigoted unionists you could find and a man who would most likely be a small 'u' unionist but who is a devoted opponent of all things republican.

Nolan simply does not have a nationalist/republican guest on his show to anything CLOSE to the same frequency as the four mentioned above.

Take Jim Allister alone - a tweet yesterday noted that in the space of the ten days until yesterday (9th-19th February), Nolan had him as a guest on his radio/tv shows on the 9th, 11th, 12th, on BOTH his radio and TV shows on 14th, on 15th and the 19th.

It seems unashamedly pointed.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Snapchap on February 20, 2018, 01:17:02 PM
Talkback can be very good. Nolan however most certainly has a very clear agenda. I'd love to see some sort of statistical analysis of unionist/nationalist guests on his show. To my mind there are only four fully fledged regulars on his show - Jim Allister, Jamie Bryson, Nelson McCausland and Malachi O'Doherty. That tells you it all. Three of the most bigoted unionists you could find and a man who would most likely be a small 'u' unionist but who is a devoted opponent of all things republican.

Nolan simply does not have a nationalist/republican guest on his show to anything CLOSE to the same frequency as the four mentioned above.

Take Jim Allister alone - a tweet yesterday noted that in the space of the ten days until yesterday (9th-19th February), Nolan had him as a guest on his radio/tv shows on the 9th, 11th, 12th, on BOTH his radio and TV shows on 14th, on 15th and the 19th.

Do you ever stop to think why these guys are on? They are on because they have no mandate and if they can get coverage on teh radio or TV they'll be all over it, the others probably dont respond to te constant request to be on the show, thats why ya have these eejits on..

I listen to David Dunseith for years, as quality interviewer you would have and pulled no punches
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Snapchap

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 20, 2018, 01:22:10 PM

Do you ever stop to think why these guys are on? They are on because they have no mandate and if they can get coverage on teh radio or TV they'll be all over it, the others probably dont respond to te constant request to be on the show, thats why ya have these eejits on..

I listen to David Dunseith for years, as quality interviewer you would have and pulled no punches

I don't think it's good enough to make excuses. These guys are on because they are invited on ffs.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Snapchap on February 20, 2018, 01:24:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 20, 2018, 01:22:10 PM

I don't think it's good enough to make excuses. These guys are on because they are invited on ffs.
]

Do you think that the other parties are not invited? Do you know how it works or are you just making it up?

MoChara

https://twitter.com/johnconnors1990/status/965909884679139328

John Connors isn't a big Fan of Nolan either lol

John Connors‏
@johnconnors1990
ohn Connors Retweeted Phillip Coulter
Thanks for getting in touch Phil but I will forever boycott that show because of Stevens disgusting mockery of the Irish language. The native language of the whole island of Ireland.John Connors added,

Phillip Coulter

@PhillipCoulter
@johnconnors1990 Hi John - I work for Nolan Live TV show on BBC One Northern Ireland. We're really interested in doing an interview with you following your incredible IFTA speech. Would you be interested? Thanks, Phill
3:23 AM - 20 Feb 2018

square_ball

Quote from: Rois on February 20, 2018, 11:48:30 AM
Quote from: Hereiam on February 20, 2018, 11:17:11 AM

I don't agree that they are always that bad, but I do agree with your comments this morning (and I am no SF lover) - I heard Jeffrey and Conor Murphy on - two different interviewers.  Joel Taggart ffs was interviewing Jeffrey - I thought he was a sports guy who stood in the odd time but he has really dragged the quality down.  Chris Butler on Conor Murphy was also terrible.

I caught the tail end of the Conor Murphy interview and would have had no issue with the hard line in questioning he got but as long as it was reciprocated in the other interview which it mustn't have been going on comments. Joel Taggart interviewing politicians?? They'll have Sidebottom on next though after his interview with Harte he'll maybe prefer the commentary box.