Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone11234

Any truth there's another break after the next round of games ?

ClubScene13

Quote from: Tyrone11234 on June 06, 2023, 09:23:55 AM
Any truth there's another break after the next round of games ?

No games this week or on Friday 14th July either supposedly.

Goals_Will_Come

If Tyrone make it to the Quarter finals, round 6 will not played until 7th July. If they make the Semi Final round 6 wont take place until 21st July. If Tyrone make the All Ireland Final, round 6 doesn't take place until 4th August.

ClubScene13

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on June 06, 2023, 11:11:37 AM
If Tyrone make it to the Quarter finals, round 6 will not played until 7th July. If they make the Semi Final round 6 wont take place until 21st July. If Tyrone make the All Ireland Final, round 6 doesn't take place until 4th August.

I still think we have the best system. Bit of a disaster if there's a deep AI run, and can leave games going on extremely late in the year, but our leagues are very enjoyable imo. If we reverted to a system where you got relegated through a group stage in the championship it would leave the league largely unwatchable.

smort

Quote from: ClubScene13 on June 06, 2023, 12:07:13 PM

I still think we have the best system. Bit of a disaster if there's a deep AI run, and can leave games going on extremely late in the year, but our leagues are very enjoyable imo. If we reverted to a system where you got relegated through a group stage in the championship it would leave the league largely unwatchable.

Agree completely. Think Tyrone have got it as good as possible in terms of league and championship. Having experience of a couple of other counties systems, I prefer the starred league and knockout championship over anything else I've seen

The Coddfather

Quote from: smort on June 06, 2023, 12:20:34 PM
Quote from: ClubScene13 on June 06, 2023, 12:07:13 PM

Agree completely. Think Tyrone have got it as good as possible in terms of league and championship. Having experience of a couple of other counties systems, I prefer the starred league and knockout championship over anything else I've seen

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

rrhf

Tyrone has great values in the leagues and championships. Credit to the county board and the clubs for keeping it at a high level over the years. 
I feel that there needs to be a new agreement with county managers and clubs about players playing with their clubs.  It will protect the county squad and less exits in the season from the county squad.   

W.A.G. Lover

Has anyone ever visited the transfers and sanctions section of the main GAA.ie website? https://www.gaa.ie/the-gaa/rules-regulations/transfers-and-sanctions
On there you could view live inter-county transfer lists and foreign sanctions.
The link to view these however seems to be broken. Anyone know what has happened?

breakingball78

Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on June 06, 2023, 02:49:31 PM
Has anyone ever visited the transfers and sanctions section of the main GAA.ie website? https://www.gaa.ie/the-gaa/rules-regulations/transfers-and-sanctions
On there you could view live inter-county transfer lists and foreign sanctions.
The link to view these however seems to be broken. Anyone know what has happened?

Must be something dodgy going on. Few illegal transfers maybe?

Eire90

when does league finish cant once september hits it be hard to play games at 7pm unless lights

Eire90

Do some counties not take leagues serious.

clarshack

Quote from: Eire90 on June 06, 2023, 08:40:32 PM
when does league finish cant once september hits it be hard to play games at 7pm unless lights

It reverted to Sundays later in the summer last season.

Jerome

Quote from: Eire90 on June 06, 2023, 08:42:29 PM
Do some counties not take leagues serious.

No in counties like Armagh there is no relegation from leagues, that is determined by championship ie if you lose opening round of championship fixtures you go into a relegation playoff

square_ball

I'm near sure Maghery were relegated via the league last year in Armagh. It's in Derry where there is relegation play offs depending on how you get on in the round robin championship format.

Gaafan2

Quote from: GaaGPT on June 06, 2023, 09:08:52 AM
Pomeroy had a good win at weekend. Have their players left for America yet?

Yes all gone. Good win especially down in Derrylaughan. Really surprised at how poor they were.