Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

great to see damian Harvey and ttm put in their box. to think a member of a media outlet tried to overthrow chairperson roisin Jordan and nearly got away with it.

Walter White

Back to league action this weekend...

Biggest tie has to be Galbally v Pomeroy - Local derby on the final day with the losing team falling automatically into Div 2. Should be a great battle. Galbally are much improved under their new management, have home advantage and won the Championship tie between the team, whereas Pomeroy have the four county men to try to lift them out of bother.

Edendork should win, given that I can't see Killyclogher fielding a strong team after last Sunday, with nothing to play for.

Aghyaran v Moy is another interesting tie - Everyone knows Aghyaran is a very difficult place to take points from.

An Aghyaran win, along with wins for Galbally and Edendork results in a four way tie on 11pts. As stated before, this can't go to score difference because of the Galbally v Ardboe game. So we could have a four-way playoff to see who plays in the play offs (I would imagine they would just have 2 games and the 2 losers would essentially face off in the Div 1 relegation playoff, with the winner going on to play the Div 2 played winner).

At the opposite end of the table, 3rd and 4th position are up for grabs. Ardboe have nothing to play for so I fully expect Dromore to win with ease to seal their semi final spot. That leave the final semi-final spot up for grabs between Donaghmore v Omagh.

Omagh played very well against a poor Ardboe team last day out, whilst Donaghmore pipped Dromore by 2pts. It should be a good game as both teams push to end the season on a positive note.

All in all, should be a great, and very interesting, final day of the league.

GaaFanatic123

TTM should have went along with what ever the County board wanted, they knew fine rightly the CB held the power to do this, they smelt the money like the County board also did with what they where set to make with the online sales and advertising and they wanted a piece of it!
I dont think the CB have done anything wrong to be fair, yes its harsh but thats the reality of it!
This doesnt say they dont do a great job as they do and I hope they continue to do what they are doing!!

Under Lights

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on October 24, 2018, 01:55:14 PM
TTM should have went along with what ever the County board wanted, they knew fine rightly the CB held the power to do this, they smelt the money like the County board also did with what they where set to make with the online sales and advertising and they wanted a piece of it!
I dont think the CB have done anything wrong to be fair, yes its harsh but thats the reality of it!
This doesnt say they dont do a great job as they do and I hope they continue to do what they are doing!!

I can't see why the CB would curtail what TTM were doing though, I mean if people wanted to buy the stream they would have. Will CB put a clamper on the likes of Philly Mc reporting live from the game now. TTM will know to go to Omagh St Endas and ask permission to set up pitch side.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Under Lights on October 24, 2018, 02:08:15 PM

I can't see why the CB would curtail what TTM were doing though, I mean if people wanted to buy the stream they would have. Will CB put a clamper on the likes of Philly Mc reporting live from the game now. TTM will know to go to Omagh St Endas and ask permission to set up pitch side.

They done it for one simple reason and thats for financial reasons!
Teamtalk recorded league games before, I wonder where they stopped from doing this aswel as at the time it was great to be able to watch a league even? Think it was Dromore/Clonoe they showed live.
Clubs are banned from recording championship games also!
If you notice any matches that are held in Pomeroy have a look over at the wall opposite the stand, there is usually a few cameras recording from in behind the wall, it just seems to be that you cant record on the actual premises or maybe the CB just cant get at the camera men in there to stop them

deadman

Sets a precedent now that Tyrone TV will be rolled out for each championship going forward, especially as it has largely been seen as a success, and other counties have been broadcasting their Championship games for a while now. TTM are in jeopardy of being marginalised in what is arguably their marquee event for coverage in the local GAA season. However they'll know now that in future they'll not be caught cold like they were at the weekend. Could make for some interesting times ahead by the time next year's Championship rolls around.

Under Lights

Quote from: deadman on October 24, 2018, 02:29:18 PM

Sets a precedent now that Tyrone TV will be rolled out for each championship going forward, especially as it has largely been seen as a success, and other counties have been broadcasting their Championship games for a while now. TTM are in jeopardy of being marginalised in what is arguably their marquee event for coverage in the local GAA season. However they'll know now that in future they'll not be caught cold like they were at the weekend. Could make for some interesting times ahead by the time next year's Championship rolls around.

Do Tyrone GAA have to get permission from the clubs taking part in the finals for the live stream? Could one club refuse?

WT4E

not necessarily true. County board where cutting out options to maximise their purchases which is fair enough - team talk need to suck it up or quit - I hope they don't quit but if they do it won't leave that big of gap in coverage. I much prefer Philly Mcs tweets opposed to their tweets. Plus Damian Harvey is a poor commentator continually gets things wrong and the person with usually ends up correcting him!

In hiding

Would the internet connection be good enough in many grounds outside of omagh to enable live streaming

OurKid

Now that the dust has settled and I'm finally off the drink in the Holylands with men half my age , now back with the wife and children. Any thoughts on coalisland vs cross? Think Cross being based more of previous years but still a good side. Be an interesting affair.

Soviet Unionist

Quote from: OurKid on October 24, 2018, 04:50:22 PM
Now that the dust has settled and I'm finally off the drink in the Holylands with men half my age , now back with the wife and children. Any thoughts on coalisland vs cross? Think Cross being based more of previous years but still a good side. Be an interesting affair.

Any house parties?

rrhf

Quote from: WT4E on October 24, 2018, 03:43:20 PM
I thought they were excellent and setting this up. Don't understand the ruthlessness used here?

not necessarily true. County board where cutting out options to maximise their purchases which is fair enough - team talk need to suck it up or quit - I hope they don't quit but if they do it won't leave that big of gap in coverage. I much prefer Philly Mcs tweets opposed to their tweets. Plus Damian Harvey is a poor commentator continually gets things wrong and the person with usually ends up correcting him!
I realised my quote re ruthlessness in handling Ttm is lost in the middle of that post.. I think that they provide a huge service and are fanatical gaa men at all levels. They covered Tyrone club gaa from youth to adult when it wasn't fashionable and when the county was in the doldrums. They have been brilliant for clubs. I hope that this does not stop them what they do brilliantly and would be very annoyed if it did.

square_ball

Quote from: In hiding on October 24, 2018, 04:21:48 PM
Would the internet connection be good enough in many grounds outside of omagh to enable live streaming

Or facilities in terms of camera position, commentary etc. I know Armagh TV seems to be exclusively broadcast from the Athletic Grounds so not sure if they could it outside of Omagh?

Anybody come across that DOCSPORT on Facebook? I know you can barely make out his live feed but thought the county board would have tried knocking that on the head.

Therealdonald

Quote from: square_ball on October 24, 2018, 06:11:44 PM
Quote from: In hiding on October 24, 2018, 04:21:48 PM

Or facilities in terms of camera position, commentary etc. I know Armagh TV seems to be exclusively broadcast from the Athletic Grounds so not sure if they could it outside of Omagh?

Anybody come across that DOCSPORT on Facebook? I know you can barely make out his live feed but thought the county board would have tried knocking that on the head.

Think he's linked to Omagh St Enda's, so the chances of him being stopped are fairly slim.

bogball88

Quote from: OurKid on October 24, 2018, 04:50:22 PM
Hard to think a 40+ year old would be going on about tiernan McCann and sun beds  ???